Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

At what point did you realise you hated Pardew?

I remember when he took over at Charlton. I don't think Charlton Life existed then, if it did it was in it's infancy and I hadn't found it yet. In those days, I used to visit Frankie Valley every day, an there was always such an air of positivity about Pards, how he was turning things around, how he'd put some fight into the team, how we were playing more fluid football... and then we were relegated... and then he disappeared.

The years rolled on, and every so often on Charlton Life some really venomous posts would crop up about him. It was clear that lots of people didn't just dislike him, but hated him with a passion. I never quite got this until today. When Puncheon scored and Pardew did that stupid little dance thing, that was the moment that the scales dropped from my eyes. Disappointment at his inability to keep us up, and a mild feeling that this is a bloke that loves himself too much gave way to full scale loathing; I couldn't help but think words that I will not repeat here. No matter how much I wanted Palace to lose, it wasn't a personal thing against him. But after that dance I thought here is a guy who's just too full of himself, too ready to steal someone else's limelight. I really wanted him to suffer, and boy was I glad when he did.

I realise I'm a latecomer to the Pards-hatred party, at what point did you realise that you hated him?

Comments

• Options
    When he started blaming us for everything whenever we lost, but I actually hated him before he joined us, when he was pictured looking smug as f*ck alongside Mascherano and Tevez
  • Options
    My first moment of dislike was when I heard he had been contemptuous of a supporter who asked him a question. There was no need for it. The hatred developed as Alan became more Alan.
  • Options
    Just like today it was his celebrations of goals that first started my dislike of him. It's the sheer classlessness of them along with the blatant gloating. Rubbing it in like a spoilt smug brat. This spoilt brat mentality was even more noticeable when I started hearing his post match interviews when he continued to blame refs, other players and fans for every failure rather than himself. He's got worse with age.
  • Options
    I remember him saying after another defeat that he 'now knew what his best side was'.....well, why the f**k didnt you play it to begin with then. Only for us to get beaten again, and for him to go and buy Andy Gray.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Ahh yes, Andy Gray, the missing link
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When he drove home after not being picked to play against Pompey in December 1992.
    Is that true or have I made that up?
  • Options

After I'd met him a few times.

Got any good anecdotes to share?
  • Options

Ahh yes, Andy Gray, the missing link

Didn't Andy Gray have a young child that had a brain tumor when he was with us?
  • Options
    after that dance today.
  • Options
    When I heard he had the tea lady in tears by the way he spoke to her.
  • Options

When his mum gave birth to him

I raise you.
    When his old man spunked him out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

After I'd met him a few times.

Got any good anecdotes to share?
    What happens in the board room stays in the board room

But he was an arrogant onanist then and now.

He lost interest very quickly too
  • Options
    Never liked him as such, but thought a little ego would be good for Charlton for once. I was wrong.
  • Options
    Nothing is ever his fault, and too smug by a mile. The kind of guy who is always looking over your shoulder when talking to you to see if there's anyone more important he needs to creep over to.
  • Options
    Never liked him from the first moment I saw him. Always seemed to think he was the mutt's nuts in a look at me I'm the mutts nuts kind of way.
  • Options
    All i can say is... get him on Strictly, TV gold right there!
  • Options
    When he signed his first contract with palace.
  • Options
    after some post match interviews, where he took no responsibility, showed no respect for the players and all in all was a total tosspot.
  • Options
    Is there a gif of him dancing like a knob?