Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

At what point did you realise you hated Pardew?

124»

Comments

• Options
    It's amazing to think we the fans called for his appointment against Wycombe in the League Cup and when he arrived he was seen as the masiah had arrived and gradually every one started hating and called for his sacking. Appointed and sacked by the fans. He wasn't the Masiah, he was a very nuagty boy, now go away.
  • Options

I wasn't quite there from day 1 @aliwibble - at first I thought he was a good appointment. My personal turning point was at the sponsors' dinner. Went to speak to him and a friend told him that I travel down from Scotland for matches. He gave me a look of total disdain, as if thinking why would anyone be that stupid? Couldn't even bring himself to say 'thanks for your support' or something bland like that. Total contrast to Curbs whom I'd met a couple of years earlier and who had been as genuine, chatty and down to earth as you could wish.

I lost total patience with the big nose one after that and did start the first 'get him out' thread on here when we got hammered at home by Colchester. Caused a huge barney at the time - many were still full-on defending him.

Must admit, I had a bit of a dance at yesterday's final whistle!!

So technically, Pardew got the sack because he didn't thank you for coming down from Scotland for matches.
  • Options

It's amazing to think we the fans called for his appointment against Wycombe in the League Cup and when he arrived he was seen as the masiah had arrived and gradually every one started hating and called for his sacking. Appointed and sacked by the fans. He wasn't the Masiah, he was a very nuagty boy, now go away.

Not all of us fans!
  • Options
    I really started to hate Pardew' when his disastrous management of Charlton, lead to him being fired and insisting on paying up the full amount, having wasted large amounts on very expensive playing contracts, and Pardew knowing that the club was on the verge of going out of business.
  • Options
    vff said:

I really started to hate Pardew' when his disastrous management of Charlton, lead to him being fired and insisting on paying up the full amount, having wasted large amounts on very expensive playing contracts, and Pardew knowing that the club was on the verge of going out of business.

The money we got for Varney going to Derby paid for it.
  • Options
    The problem was always the fact that he thought he was west ham Billy big bollocks and Charlton didnt quite match up to the celebrity appeal that west ham did.... what he was used to. He was originally in more of a major spotlight and was desperate to get back in it.
    His natural contempt for Charlton meant it was just a job and just a pay day for him, even though he used to play for us. Every victory we had was his victory, not Charlton's. Hence his stupid pointless but strong opinions on everything such as the music played before games. It's like his ego made him bored. C*nt.

He seemed to forget that west ham sacked him because he was shit and curbs was left to pick up the pieces like a proper actual down to earth manager that worked hard to find the root cause. It took a while but in the end he kept the club up!

I thought he was great when he arrived and the perfect fit for Charlton at the time.

Then his personality unraveled and it wasn't just a competitive football related asshole persona.

Constantly heard lot of rumours about old super Al when at Charlton .... ones that are almost a bit too inappropriate to repeat.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I wasn't quite there from day 1 @aliwibble - at first I thought he was a good appointment. My personal turning point was at the sponsors' dinner. Went to speak to him and a friend told him that I travel down from Scotland for matches. He gave me a look of total disdain, as if thinking why would anyone be that stupid? Couldn't even bring himself to say 'thanks for your support' or something bland like that. Total contrast to Curbs whom I'd met a couple of years earlier and who had been as genuine, chatty and down to earth as you could wish.

I lost total patience with the big nose one after that and did start the first 'get him out' thread on here when we got hammered at home by Colchester. Caused a huge barney at the time - many were still full-on defending him.

Must admit, I had a bit of a dance at yesterday's final whistle!!

So technically, Pardew got the sack because he didn't thank you for coming down from Scotland for matches.
    Yep, let that be a warning ;-)
  • Options
    After hearing from Suzi and Ketman on here. The defeat to palace, our first for ages against them was when I finally joined the Sack Pardew brigade.

Most fans were chanting his name in the Wycombe cup game, lets not rewrite history.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Average as a player.
    Below average as a manager.
    Sub-zero as a human.

• Options
    I haven't had any personal run ins with Pards and I don't hate him.

His dance the other day was so cringe that somewhere in his head he thinks he looked good.

He is a lucky manager, so many high paid contracts for very little return.

In 15 years he will look like a dried out used tea bag of PG tips on Im a celebrity, discussing how great he was. But everyone will know he was a grade A twat.

Just sit back and watch him squirm next season.
  • Options
    Alternatively just watch this over and over, like I can't seem to stop doing :smiley:

In a Tyne-Wear derby, Pardew celebrates a goal before the scorer being called offside:

In a Tyne-Wear derby, Pardew celebrates a goal before the scorer being called offside:

• Options
    Correction.

Alan Pardew is Chris Finch, not David Brent

Funny how everyone can say they know of a finchy or a Brent.
  • Options
    When Man Utd's equaliser went in, I cheered not because of Palace but because of Pardew's goal celebration. I just wanted his smug grandad dance to be a pointless pathetic embarrassing act that he will be remembered for. I see him going before Christmas.