Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

French Open 2016

Comments

• Options
    So can Murray repeat his recent wins or will Novak complete the Grand Slam?
  • Options
    Muzza won 6-2!

First French open final!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Can the BBC please, please, please take a lesson from the French TV coverage and during Wimbledon NOT show footage of Murray's bloody mother after every sodding point?

It's a tradition. The French wouldn't understand.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    It's brilliant for Murray to reach a French Open final after all his injuries and so many people writing him off. Win or lose the guys amazing.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Can the BBC please, please, please take a lesson from the French TV coverage and during Wimbledon NOT show footage of Murray's bloody mother after every sodding point?

Why not? I find her rather appealing in a powerful woman sort of way!!
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Why not? I find her rather appealing in a powerful woman sort of way!!
    Well you're welcome to google pictures of her in your own time.
  • Options
    Has this thread turned into a 'would ya'?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure she would break your balls.
  • Options
    Come on Muguruza - time for a new champ!
  • Options

Yes but next time!

I've backed Serena
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Yes but next time!

I've backed Serena
    Good luck. We can still be friends.
  • Options
    Serena refused to hold the mascot's hand entering the Court. She really is a nasty piece of work.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    cafcfan said:

Serena refused to hold the mascot's hand entering the Court. She really is a nasty piece of work.

No she didn't. He held his hand out, she thought he was helping with her bag, there was a misunderstanding and then she had to walk onto the court. You can clearly see her starting to take her bag off, then realising he wouldn't be able to carry it as h is about 5 years old.
  • Options
    what a final. never seen serena outplayed like that before. muguruza could be the future of the game
  • Options
    A likely star of the future I should think.
  • Options
    Talented and attractive too - she's going to make a mint.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I take full credit for her win as my backing of Serena was an integral contribution
  • Options
    Murray's game doesn't suit clay, so he has done brilliantly on clay the last few years
  • Options
    Murray's game isn't suited to clay mainly because of his unfamiliarity with it. I can't see why his game is any less suited than Djok. These are the 2 best players in the world. No matter what surface I would think his chances are similar. Having said that Djok is so good that he probably only has a one in four chance. Djok is the greatest player ever and I didn't think I would ever say anyone was better than Laver.
  • Options
    Murray has improved his second serve and he has certainly improved on clay.
    Winning clay court tournaments obviously helps, especially beating Djok in the final last week.
    Slams are something else though and Djok seems to be on another level.
    Having said that, something in my water tells me Murray is going to pull it off tomorrow.
    Hope so.
  • Options

Murray's game doesn't suit clay, so he has done brilliantly on clay the last few years

But his natural game isn't alien to clay either, his game is the modern all court game that most players seem to have these days
  • Options
    They're under way and Murray is going to be broken in the first game!
  • Options
    This is fantastic. Murray breaks twice and leads 3-1 in opening set
  • Options
    Christ on a bike!
    I was ready to go down the pub after the first game!
  • Options
    What a game.
  • Options
    Come back from my lunch and Murray 5-2 up!

Long, long way to go though