Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

French Open 2016

Comments

• Options

vff said:

Djokovic is a great tennis player. Murray is not playing badly. Djokovic is number 1 for a good reason. All Murray can do is, in hang in there at this point, and hope Djokovic level drops.

You're right of course.
    Doesn't stop Djokovic being annoying though. Don't see why Paris doesn't have Hawkeye. It stops all the pointless arguing. Not impressed with Djokovic arguing with the Umpire. The umpire getting out of his chair to point at the ball and confirm a call is ridiculous. I have not seen an umpire once overrule a line call. Its just the French being obdurate. This French crowd does seem a bit stuck up too.

Murray looking a bit low, but at least he is not having a go at himself. Lets hope he can push on for the 4th set.
  • Options
    Third set to Djokovic.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited June 2016
    I hate this umpire getting out of the chair rubbish. Get in Hawkeye FFS. 3rd set to Djokovic on an umpire confirmed long ball.

Come on Murray for the 4th set.
  • Options
    We're into the last rites now
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited June 2016
    This French crowd is annoying. Murray needs to make a fight of it. Maybe all those long sets early on in the competition has led to Murray lacking a bit of zip.
  • Options
    Judy isn't happy!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Judy isn't happy!

Which one is she then?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Andy's serve has always been a weak point. First serve too inconsistent. Second serve too weak.

Oh christ, here we go.
  • Options
    Good hold. Murray.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Commentator: "He has extra angels sitting on his shoulder".

You'd think that would make it more difficult to play.
  • Options
    Come on Andy!!!!!!
  • Options
    Really dislike Djokovic.
  • Options
    I've got the hump.
  • Options

Really dislike Djokovic.

ive hated him ever since he did that cover of call me maybe. possibly the lowest moment in sport.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited June 2016
    Djokovic wins. He deserved to win and has played the better tennis in the final. Some great tennis first set. The rest of it, apart from a brief late rally, has been all Djokovic. Not a classic final.

Djokovic will all hold 4 majors in one go. That's quite an achievement. Getting fed up with him winning everything though. It all a bit F1 Michael Schumacher. Djokovic lacks Federer's on court graciousness though he maybe a bit more of a showman. Djokovic courting of the crowd is a bit calculated. I will be glad when someone comes and knocks Djokovic off his perch.

The French tournament and the crowd today need to take a look at themselves. No hawkeye, and the crowd was stuck up & graceless in cheering double faults and shouting out between points.

Well done for Murray to reach the Paris final for the first time. No shame in the loss here. He has got some gumption. Second best ever British tennis player behind the great Fred Perry.
  • Options
    Brilliant. Well done Novak
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Murray made him change his game plan after first set .... not much you can do when ND plays like this

Richard Murray messing up Andy Murray's tennis and Charlton Colin?
  • Options
    I wanted Andy to win but Novak deserves to join the select group of players to win all 4 Grand Slams without a shadow of a doubt.
  • Options
    With Federer past it and Nadal crocked there doesn't seem to be anyone to stop Djokovic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sun out after the games finished. Murray's runner up trophy looks like an embossed tea tray. Murray's speech pretty good. Djokovic pretty standard victory speech. He holds onto all 4 slams.

Onwards to Wimbledon.
  • Options
    Fred Perry

Donald Budge

Rod Laver

Roy Emerson

Andre Agassi

Roger Federer

Rafael Nadal

Novak Djokovic

The only male tennis players to have won all 4 Grand Slams.
  • Options
    Novak is an outstanding player no question, but I found him strangely irritating today ( like he cares!) so I really hope Murray beats him at Wimbledon.
  • Options
    3blokes said:

Novak is an outstanding player no question, but I found him strangely irritating today ( like he cares!) so I really hope Murray beats him at Wimbledon.

If there is any justice in the world Murray will win some more slams before he is done.
  • Options
    Still dont get any British person taking pleasure in Andy Murray losing. I find it very strange.
  • Options
    There's lots of British sportsmen and women I enjoy to see lose. I don't just like people based on their nationality .
  • Options
    buckshee said:

There's lots of British sportsmen and women I enjoy to see lose. I don't just like people based on their nationality .

Like who?

If a sports person is representing England/Britain against a foreigner then I want them to win. Without doubt. I can't stand Steve Redgrave but always cheered him on when rowing for my country.
  • Options

buckshee said:

Like who?

If a sports person is representing England/Britain against a foreigner then I want them to win. Without doubt. I can't stand Steve Redgrave but always cheered him on when rowing for my country.
    Any British football player playing against Charlton like to see lose.

Tennis players aren't representing their country unless it's the focus cup. They are representing themselves other times
  • Options
    vff said:

Sun out after the games finished. Murray's runner up trophy looks like an embossed tea tray. Murray's speech pretty good. Djokovic pretty standard victory speech. He holds onto all 4 slams.

Onwards to Wimbledon.

Where it will be Djokovic v Murray in the final - and Djokovic will win,then to the next one where it will be Djokovic v Murray in the final , and Djokovic will win , and then to the next one where it will Djokovic v Murray in the final ....... no wonder many people think Tennis is boring.

Yawn, bring on the synchronised swimming.