Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

French Open 2016

123457»

Comments

• Options
    McBobbin said:

buckshee said:

There's lots of British sportsmen and women I enjoy to see lose. I don't just like people based on their nationality .

Like who?

If a sports person is representing England/Britain against a foreigner then I want them to win. Without doubt. I can't stand Steve Redgrave but always cheered him on when rowing for my country.
    Any British football player playing against Charlton like to see lose.

Tennis players aren't representing their country unless it's the focus cup. They are representing themselves other times
    It's got GBR next to his name. That's good enough for me.
  • Options
    Murray is the best we have had, probably ever despite his shortcomings. He is simply unlucky that he was, for a number of years, the fourth best player in the world by a comfortable margin in both directions and now he is the second best player in the world by a comfortable margin in both directions.
  • Options
    vff said:

vff said:

Djokovic is a great tennis player. Murray is not playing badly. Djokovic is number 1 for a good reason. All Murray can do is, in hang in there at this point, and hope Djokovic level drops.

You're right of course.
    Doesn't stop Djokovic being annoying though. Don't see why Paris doesn't have Hawkeye. It stops all the pointless arguing. Not impressed with Djokovic arguing with the Umpire. The umpire getting out of his chair to point at the ball and confirm a call is ridiculous. I have not seen an umpire once overrule a line call. Its just the French being obdurate. This French crowd does seem a bit stuck up too.

Murray looking a bit low, but at least he is not having a go at himself. Lets hope he can push on for the 4th set.
    Stuck up French? Never!! 'Young Parisian's are so French'.
  • Options

buckshee said:

There's lots of British sportsmen and women I enjoy to see lose. I don't just like people based on their nationality .

Like who?

If a sports person is representing England/Britain against a foreigner then I want them to win. Without doubt. I can't stand Steve Redgrave but always cheered him on when rowing for my country.
    Same with football for me. If it's an English club team in European competition or a British national team in the Euro's (except v England of course) they get my shout.
  • Options
    3blokes said:

Novak is an outstanding player no question, but I found him strangely irritating today ( like he cares!) so I really hope Murray beats him at Wimbledon.

Surely you mean 'Nole'?
  • Options
    Kerber, the no.1 seed in the women's draw, on the brink of going out in first round.
  • Options

Kerber, the no.1 seed in the women's draw, on the brink of going out in first round.

Makarova playing amazingly well. Really aggressive, big hitting. World #40.
  • Options
    Makarova beats Kerber 6-2 6-2.
  • Options
    Opened new thread.