Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Didn't take long - Marseille ain't changed.

Comments

• Options

Said all along , with my limited contact with Russians on holiday they were the most ignorant rude bellends you could ever meet
    sad robot filth , with even less personality than myself

Said all along , with my limited contact with Russians on holiday they were the most ignorant rude bellends you could ever meet
    sad robot filth , with even less personality than myself

Make you right, was out in Crete a few years ago at an all inclusive, the way the Russians treated the staff defied belief, clicking in there fingers at them, never once saying please, thank you, talked to them like they was dirt, actually would snear at them and God forbid they got an order or something wrong, they'd actually shout at them and shit. I try not to generalise but they all came across as complete scum. Was talking to a waitress about it and she said they're all like it, but she loved the Brits because we were always so polite. Germans and French weren't bad either she said. Saw some fat russian get sparked out one night by a big lump of a northerner after the Russian said something derogatory about the northerners wife. Had to laugh.
    Well done MF. That really made me chuckle.
    Ha, yeah, what I meant was I'll try not to tar the whole country with the same brush, but all the ones I met personally were complete scum.
    I think we all knew what you were trying to say mate.
    Agreed, typical millwall racist :wink:
  • Options

se9addick said:

Meanwhile my assistant's husband, who bought my 4 tickets for Czechs v Spain, arrived back late last night and the brief report was

- fantastic experience
    - Czechs and Spanish mixing happily
    - great atmosphere in Bordeaux fanzone for Slovakia - Wales
    - French people wonderful to them; having a ten year old in Czech colours seems to especially charm them.

Assistant pissed off though. They drove there, and he never filled the car with Bordeaux wine.

But I think fans are mixing well in most parts of the country - here's a picture from a bar directly outside the stadium in St Etienne last night - you can see Icelandic, Portugese, Belgium, England and both Irelands shirts mixing with one another and no problems.

Re the stuff in Marseille I think the article from the Irish paper sums up the reaction of the police and the locals well. Even if the English aren't technically breaking laws when they take over pubs and town squares they need to think about their history and what people associate with large groups of England fans who have been on the piss all day. It's a shame that current day England fans are having to pay for the sins of their forefathers but that's the way it is.

The Russians looked clearly state trained/sanctioned and in some ways I hope there is just enough trouble in Lille for them to be kicked out without anyone getting hurt because we really can't be having this.
    Where's that photo taken, Starbucks?
    Looks more like your local brasserie where you go 3 times a week

• Options

se9addick said:

Meanwhile my assistant's husband, who bought my 4 tickets for Czechs v Spain, arrived back late last night and the brief report was

- fantastic experience
    - Czechs and Spanish mixing happily
    - great atmosphere in Bordeaux fanzone for Slovakia - Wales
    - French people wonderful to them; having a ten year old in Czech colours seems to especially charm them.

Assistant pissed off though. They drove there, and he never filled the car with Bordeaux wine.

But I think fans are mixing well in most parts of the country - here's a picture from a bar directly outside the stadium in St Etienne last night - you can see Icelandic, Portugese, Belgium, England and both Irelands shirts mixing with one another and no problems.

Re the stuff in Marseille I think the article from the Irish paper sums up the reaction of the police and the locals well. Even if the English aren't technically breaking laws when they take over pubs and town squares they need to think about their history and what people associate with large groups of England fans who have been on the piss all day. It's a shame that current day England fans are having to pay for the sins of their forefathers but that's the way it is.

The Russians looked clearly state trained/sanctioned and in some ways I hope there is just enough trouble in Lille for them to be kicked out without anyone getting hurt because we really can't be having this.
    Where's that photo taken, Starbucks?
    Looks more like your local brasserie where you go 3 times a day

• Options
    England and Wales fans been well behaved all day, then Russia games finishes and now it's all kicked off
  • Options

England and Wales fans been well behaved all day, then Russia games finishes and now it's all kicked off

Seen the live videos though? Not a single Russian in sight. Looks a lot like English fans trying to 'get revenge'.
  • Options
    He's out there...
  • Options

Seen the live videos though? Not a single Russian in sight. Looks a lot like English fans trying to 'get revenge'.
    I've seen clips but it's difficult to tell what's going on. I saw the Sky report, they seem to blame everything on Russia now.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    WSS said:

He's out there...

Not yet, get there tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After marseille, i guess it was fairly obvious that Lille would be chaos tonight
  • Options
    Watching Collymores periscope from half hour ago. Looked like the English were running round looking for it, similar to what the Russians were doing in Marseille. Really disappointing.
  • Options
    Hope that flare is enough to have Russia kicked out.
  • Options

Knowing the consequences, can't believe the amount of people prepared to play up / seeking it in front of a thousand cameras. Stupid

I don't think these England/Wales fans know much about anything mate. The Russians that kicked off in Marseille the other day seem far from your normal British hooligan and I think these Brits in the videos are running the risk of severe injury by "calling it on".
  • Options
    From what i've seen on twitter and Collymore's periscope video, if you're a Russian in Lille tonight, you're getting a kicking. Literally hundreds of english and welsh roaming the streets looking for russians

Stan getting in amongst it.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1djGXwbMNXVKZ
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    EDIT: Ignore this, video is old. My mistake.

Looking like Russia and Slovakia had a proper go earlier today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONi1Rd3sMGE

If Russia are still in this competition by Friday I'll be shocked.
  • Options

Did they behave in the stadium? If so UEFA won't act. A group of Russian fans with the official fan group could stand 5 meters outside the vicinity of the stadium holding weapons waiting to attack fans and UEFA wouldn't act.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Did they behave in the stadium? If so UEFA won't act. A group of Russian fans with the official fan group could stand 5 meters outside the vicinity of the stadium holding weapons waiting to attack fans and UEFA wouldn't act.
    They didn't. Set off a flare when they scored.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016

I reckon that's a fake video being used to fan flames. It has the wrong colour flags and looks like Eastern European buildings rather than French (I could be wrong).
  • Options

Chucking them out of a completion they're about to be eliminated from anyway would be a very UEFA thing to do.

Shocking video - 4000 French police in Lille today, presumably all busy buying baguettes, onions, garlic and smelly cheese while all that was going on.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I reckon that's a fake video being used to fan flames. It has the wrong colour flags and looks like Eastern European buildings rather than French (I could be wrong).
    Think you're right - video looks about 10 years old too.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Could be right.
    I apologise if thats the case.
  • Options

Galatasary fans at it with Fenerbache a couple of years ago

• Options

Fiiish said:

There's a lot of fake videos abound for everything, from old videos of England hooligans to someone trying to pass off an old Ukranian riot police brutality video as the French police. It is almost impossible to trust anything. Unless the video is on one of the main broadcasters then I would not trust it to be 100% legitimate. Basically anyone posting a video has an agenda and it is easier to dig out an old video and pass it off as contemporary than wait for a good video to appear.

so if that's the case then its best that I don't believe this was happening an hour ago in a hall just of the Lille high street?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8nC-RnETd0
    Obviously fake seeing that the Americans arent at the Euros!!
  • Options
    ahh but he is the Italian stallion.