Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Didn't take long - Marseille ain't changed.

Comments

• Options
    Stay safe
  • Options
    If the French Police had done their job properly in Marseille instead of allowing their Russian ultra friends to run amok last week then there wouldn't be all this nonsense in Lille. You reap what you sow! Funny how the ultras are nowhere to be seen now the England are ready for any ambush.
  • Options

It seems as if the police have caused more trouble in Lille than anyone else.

Exactly. Plenty of first hand accounts saying they closed the bars so England fans walking around looking for open bar/cafe. Riot police from all angles indiscriminately firing tear gas.
  • Options

On the road!!

Ah you are with clarky, have a good one.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    HandG said:

I just watched some footage on Sky News and, minority or not, it didn't look good. A large group of England fans goading and fighting with what looked like a much smaller group of French fans.

At what point should we be concerned about the potential of being thrown out?

Saw this also last night on Sky. One big English fella trying to keep the 'rent-a-yob' youth group back from about 5 or 6 French. What about the old boy of about 55+ with silver hair though!! Running into the group every now and then and throwing for what masqueraded as a punch, backed up by his grandkids! Grow up fella, it's really time you left it behind. It's so embarrassing, it really is.

And as for those pesky French police not just taking a step back and letting their town, in their country, get overrun by our Anglo-Saxon culture!! The spoil sports.
  • Options

On the road!!

So which one are you ? I recognise a couple. Don't answer if you wish to remain anonymous.
  • Options

On the road!!

So which one are you ? I recognise a couple. Don't answer if you wish to remain anonymous.
    Pretty sure I recognise two of them from the back of the H Block when I used to sit up there. Decent guys.

Have a good one chaps, and keep safe.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Maybe I've missed something and I know my chess strategy is rubbish. I'm playing Russia tonight having lost the toss.

Game 1: it's against England and it's in France, I'll set up a decent number of hard core guerilla groups who will nip in, kick a load of English numpties sitting in their full colours and get out before we get nicked by cluseau's mob.

Main objectives are to have something to crow about at home, and to nick some costumes for game 2.

Game 2: happily now many of our ultras have England colours so we can wander around causing trouble and make it look like its england. Hopefully get them banned so we can progress out of stages.

I was thinking this when they were nicking flags and shirts...
    Stealing flags isn't new. It's a sign of disrespect, in some cases they hang them in the ground upside down and at big games they might put them together and burn them. Many European fans though, think that anyone who has a flag is up for bother.

It is probably this which influenced Palace fans burning the Charlton scarf in that London Bridge pub (taken from a literal scarfer).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great flags. Good to see CAFC represented out there.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    French boozy bender Waheeeey!

Have a great time chaps.

This phrase may be useful if cornered: 'я не англичанин'

I think it's pronounced 'Ya Ne Angli-Can-een'

or 'I'm not English'
  • Options
    Stay safe out there chaos and if you get in a spot with police, pull your camera phone out and turn into Collymore

Jearn-a-least
  • Options
    The only word of Russian I know how to say us Ukraine, best keeping that to myself. :wink:

Our only desire flag from Euro2012 fame should be in attendance as well today.
  • Options

HandG said:

I just watched some footage on Sky News and, minority or not, it didn't look good. A large group of England fans goading and fighting with what looked like a much smaller group of French fans.

At what point should we be concerned about the potential of being thrown out?

Saw this also last night on Sky. One big English fella trying to keep the 'rent-a-yob' youth group back from about 5 or 6 French. What about the old boy of about 55+ with silver hair though!! Running into the group every now and then and throwing for what masqueraded as a punch, backed up by his grandkids! Grow up fella, it's really time you left it behind. It's so embarrassing, it really is.

And as for those pesky French police not just taking a step back and letting their town, in their country, get overrun by our Anglo-Saxon culture!! The spoil sports.
    Ain't you seen the French and Russians kicking the fuck out of small groups and even loan English supporters?

Not necessarily saying that 2 wrongs make a right, but I don't remember seing many of your sarcy comments about our culture when we were getting trounced down south
  • Options
    Enjoy mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:
    Brilliant, the Swedes drinking cans of lager and the Irish drinking bottles of white wine!
  • Options
    2002 Japan the Swedish were proper bants
  • Options
    What are those Irish doing fratenising with the enemy. while that Swede was busy singing and dancing someone should have lamped him. England boys would not have passed up such an opportunity
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Not related but...

Absolutely brilliant!
  • Options

Stay safe out there chaos and if you get in a spot with police, pull your camera phone out and turn into Collymore

Jearn-a-least

As soon as i heard him speaking his Franglais i thought of Joey Barton and Steve McClaren with their foreign attempts !!
  • Options
    I can translate for the follow:-

-In a nick
    -In a brothel
    -In the hospital (specially regarding organ transplant)
    -Ordering beer (bar)
    -Ordering beer (shop)
    -Ordering coffee
    -more on request...

Inbox me if in a pickle
  • Options

I can translate for the follow:-

-In a nick
    -In a brothel
    -In the hospital (specially regarding organ transplant)
    -Ordering beer (bar)
    -Ordering beer (shop)
    -Ordering coffee
    -more on request...

Inbox me if in a pickle

How do you say "my girlfriend is bleeding, can you recommend a good lubricant?"