Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Didn't take long - Marseille ain't changed.

Comments

• Options
    I don't remember the Russian president saying their fans has been victimised.

I thought he was a bit chuffed that the ultra cells had done well.
  • Options
    Fucking quality Charlton on tour
  • Options

HandG said:

I just watched some footage on Sky News and, minority or not, it didn't look good. A large group of England fans goading and fighting with what looked like a much smaller group of French fans.

At what point should we be concerned about the potential of being thrown out?

And as for those pesky French police not just taking a step back and letting their town, in their country, get overrun by our Anglo-Saxon culture!! The spoil sports.
    Ain't you seen the French and Russians kicking the fuck out of small groups and even loan English supporters?

Who are they on loan from?

Standard Liege
  • Options

I don't remember the Russian president saying their fans has been victimised.

I thought he was a bit chuffed that the ultra cells had done well.

I read rhe Russians had called the French ambassador in to complain.
  • Options

Spain reporting two Spaniards beaten up near Cologne cathedral by 5 Russians on their way home from France. One victim in grave condition. The 5 knuckle draggers were caught. Can we have some more Russian political types complaining their fans are bein victimised?

Would you have a link to those reports perhaps? I ask because I was in that area on Sunday evening, (as I was on NYE) and watched the Germany game in a bar nearby. The whole area was notably quiet and a police van parked in the main square where the NYE trouble was, as there has been since the NYE events. Surprised, I must say.

• Options

Spain reporting two Spaniards beaten up near Cologne cathedral by 5 Russians on their way home from France. One victim in grave condition. The 5 knuckle draggers were caught. Can we have some more Russian political types complaining their fans are bein victimised?

Would you have a link to those reports perhaps? I ask because I was in that area on Sunday evening, (as I was on NYE) and watched the Germany game in a bar nearby. The whole area was notably quiet and a police van parked in the main square where the NYE trouble was, as there has been since the NYE events. Surprised, I must say.

http://www.espnfc.com/spanish-primera-division/story/2895734
  • Options
    It's in www.marca.com and www.mundodeportivo.com , both in their original Spanish, though Marca certainly offers an English language option.
  • Options

HandG said:

I just watched some footage on Sky News and, minority or not, it didn't look good. A large group of England fans goading and fighting with what looked like a much smaller group of French fans.

And as for those pesky French police not just taking a step back and letting their town, in their country, get overrun by our Anglo-Saxon culture!! The spoil sports.
    Ain't you seen the French and Russians kicking the fuck out of small groups and even loan English supporters?

Good one F.A.R.T
  • Options
    Just back now. Absolute quality with quality mates
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the links to the Cologne Russian scum. So it seems in fact they were caught red handed by plain clothes plod, which seems to suggest such plod are permanently on patrol around the Dom area after the NYE events.

Let's hope the Germans lock em up for a good long time
  • Options
    edited June 2016

HandG said:

Good one F.A.R.T
    Glad you liked it, Blobby.
    Good luck at big school next summer.
  • Options

Said all along , with my limited contact with Russians on holiday they were the most ignorant rude bellends you could ever meet
    sad robot

• Options
    What has happened to that Russia group in Marseille? Been asked to return quietly back to Russia so as to stop embarrassing their country? Arrested, deported?
  • Options
    Chunes said:

What has happened to that Russia group in Marseille? Been asked to return quietly back to Russia so as to stop embarrassing their country? Arrested, deported?

Jailed, or at least a few of them

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/19692/10316005/euro-2016-three-russian-fans-jailed-in-marseille

Attacks on England fans also being looked at as attempted murder

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/681179/Russian-thugs-face-attempted-murder-charge

Others have been deported

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3647931/Far-right-leader-Russian-supporters-kicked-France-hooligan-compatriots-face-charges-attempting-murder-England-fans.html
  • Options

HandG said:

Good one F.A.R.T
    Glad you liked it, Blobby.
    Good luck at big school next summer.
    Pmsl
  • Options

Chunes said:

Jailed, or at least a few of them

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/19692/10316005/euro-2016-three-russian-fans-jailed-in-marseille

Attacks on England fans also being looked at as attempted murder

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/681179/Russian-thugs-face-attempted-murder-charge

Others have been deported

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3647931/Far-right-leader-Russian-supporters-kicked-France-hooligan-compatriots-face-charges-attempting-murder-England-fans.html
    And the rest will have quietly returned to Russia. I believe they are not even proper fans. They have shown the violent element of the fanbase what Mother Russia expects of them, job done, home they go.

I am absolutely sure the following article is on the money, and not just because it's in the Guardian

http://gu.com/p/4ynhv
  • Options
    Just back from 5 days in Marseille and 4 days in arras. Got to say Marseille is a toilet of a place, no one helps you including hotel staff the police are beyond useless, I couldn't wait to leave, friday night all in the irish pub along the port usual england away fans singing songs etc 8pm french police in riot gear turn up banging the sheilds a bottle got thrown and then tear gas used numerous times, saturday afternoon around 2pm sitting in the square quite relaxed, out of no where 10 russians turn up in black tshirts mma gloves and gumsheilds running in literally wacking anyone they could after this we headed to the stadium picked up a few cans on route and drunk outside stadium, getting home after was more fun and games as they closed the metro so pretty much had to walk back to city centre.
  • Options
    So now it's over I'd like to revisit some of things that were written in this thread.

First I will repeat. I accept the argument, but put by @The Organiser that a lot of Innocent England fans are unfairly targeted both by knobheads from other countries and by police.

So let's remind ourselves of some of the other things said here

1. Wales and the Irish have their own troublemakers. They will cause trouble too. As will the Poles, and some Germans.

2. If only the hard core English "fighters" weren't under banning orders, the Russians would not have gone near us

3. The French police and security have not got a clue, despite there being a severe terrorist threat.

Right, so what have we learnt?

1. We may not like their methods, but the French police and security kept people safe from the terrorist threat. Of course there was one. Well done, France.

2. As soon as the English and Russinas went home the trouble stopped ( unless you count the Croatian thing, which was obviously some internal Balkan issue)

Those are facts, are they not?

The implications are what are up for discussion, but for me they are pretty obvious. It's an English problem , and we need to take full responsibility for it, not blame others, and not come up with crass " solutions" like allowing the worst offenders to "police" the rest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So now it's over I'd like to revisit some of things that were written in this thread.

First I will repeat. I accept the argument, but put by @The Organiser that a lot of Innocent England fans are unfairly targeted both by knobheads from other countries and by police.

So let's remind ourselves of some of the other things said here

1. Wales and the Irish have their own troublemakers. They will cause trouble too. As will the Poles, and some Germans.

2. If only the hard core English "fighters" weren't under banning orders, the Russians would not have gone near us

3. The French police and security have not got a clue, despite there being a severe terrorist threat.

Right, so what have we learnt?

1. We may not like their methods, but the French police and security kept people safe from the terrorist threat. Of course there was one. Well done, France.

2. As soon as the English and Russinas went home the trouble stopped ( unless you count the Croatian thing, which was obviously some internal Balkan issue)

Those are facts, are they not?

The implications are what are up for discussion, but for me they are pretty obvious. It's an English problem , and we need to take full responsibility for it, not blame others, and not come up with crass " solutions" like allowing the worst offenders to "police" the rest.

Only seen it reported on Sky this morning but riot police using tear gas had to stop French troublemakers breaking into the fanzone last night.
  • Options
    just my opinion but I guess less trouble at 2010 and 2012 because of the distance and costs involved. proper fans paid of course, but too much for those who just wanted to go " for the violence" as the bloke in C4 undercover film put it. They selected Marseille in advance. Is that the City of Marseille's fault? I don't think so and it staged several other games without problems, right?

Like I said, great respect for you and others who follow England to support our national team, but I think the evidence is clear that we have more Herberts in that following than any other country. And that puts off a lot of decent fans who might otherwise go.
  • Options
    I went to Iceland v Hungary and had a brilliant time in some night club on the beach afterwards (cost me a fortune mind !)
  • Options
    edited July 2016

just my opinion but I guess less trouble at 2010 and 2012 because of the distance and costs involved. proper fans paid of course, but too much for those who just wanted to go " for the violence" as the bloke in C4 undercover film put it. They selected Marseille in advance. Is that the City of Marseille's fault? I don't think so and it staged several other games without problems, right?

Like I said, great respect for you and others who follow England to support our national team, but I think the evidence is clear that we have more Herberts in that following than any other country. And that puts off a lot of decent fans who might otherwise go.

Agree with the theory behind 2010 and 2014 Prague but 2012 was easy and cheap enough and was hyped up massively in the trouble stakes. What game there had the worst trouble? Russia v Poland (I think?!?!) Also if we go back further Portugal 2004 nothing of any note (other than the twats in the holiday resorts 100's of miles away).

Also Marseille was not cheap or easy to get to believe me. If any one game was going to attract significant 'Herberts' it would have been Wales in Lens - which was trouble free.

I was in Marseille and I barely saw a group of what I would call proper English lads, let alone a group like that looking for trouble- in fact I think most of that breed would have been embarrassed by what was out there - primarily naïve youngsters in replica England shirts getting pissed up singing 'don't take me home' and 'Vardy's on fire'.

I'll be in Slovakia for the qualifier in Sept, where I guarantee we'll have a hard time of it (if 2004 is anything to go by). Not that you'll probably hear a whisper of it in the media.
  • Options

Final paragraph is a load of rubbish.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if the French should be praised for the lack of a terrorist attack - it's akin to praising a chef for not giving me food poisoning: it's a basic expectation.

From what we saw the French didn't have a clue about security:

- fireworks getting in to football matches? Hardly a ringing endorsement of the security protocol, and suggests fans didn't even go through sniffer dogs - let alone full and proper searches.

- fans breaking through segregation lines? Underlines the lack of credible crowd-control, and should something bad have happened I would suggest that it would've been utter chaos.

- police actively escalating situations and also turning up late? We had experts from Universities - as well as our own police forces - stating that their tactics were 20 years out of data and most likely aggravating the situation.

Rather than patting them on the back, I'd be thankful that nothing too bad happened and suggest that the French modernise their working practices a bit. I can't even get in to the o2 for a Starbucks without a search after all, and I doubt they'd let me take my fireworks in there.

The fact that UK gov ultimately sent our own Public Order officers out there is something that should never have been needed.