Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Didn't take long - Marseille ain't changed.

Comments

• Options
    I hasten to add, the Russian involvement with the initial trouble needs to be investigated properly. How they can have a "suspended disqualification" (whatever the fuck that's meant to be.) yet host the next major international tournament is absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options

just my opinion but I guess less trouble at 2010 and 2012 because of the distance and costs involved. proper fans paid of course, but too much for those who just wanted to go " for the violence" as the bloke in C4 undercover film put it. They selected Marseille in advance. Is that the City of Marseille's fault? I don't think so and it staged several other games without problems, right?

Like I said, great respect for you and others who follow England to support our national team, but I think the evidence is clear that we have more Herberts in that following than any other country. And that puts off a lot of decent fans who might otherwise go.

Final paragraph is a load of rubbish.
    In your opinion. Any evidence? All the public evidence supports my contention. I must have missed the undercover recordings of the Icelandic hoolies. Or the Austrians. Or the Welsh or Irish, come to that. There are a few Herberts everywhere, including the Czechs, but when it comes to internationals, no Czechs worry about getting caught up with them abroad. They only worry about meeting up by accident with those English nutters.

It's good to defend the innocent. But I'm sick and tired of this culture of denial, in the name of " just avin a larf"
  • Options

just my opinion but I guess less trouble at 2010 and 2012 because of the distance and costs involved. proper fans paid of course, but too much for those who just wanted to go " for the violence" as the bloke in C4 undercover film put it. They selected Marseille in advance. Is that the City of Marseille's fault? I don't think so and it staged several other games without problems, right?

Like I said, great respect for you and others who follow England to support our national team, but I think the evidence is clear that we have more Herberts in that following than any other country. And that puts off a lot of decent fans who might otherwise go.

In your opinion. Any evidence? All the public evidence supports my contention. I must have missed the undercover recordings of the Icelandic hoolies. Or the Austrians. Or the Welsh or Irish, come to that. There are a few Herberts everywhere, including the Czechs, but when it comes to internationals, no Czechs worry about getting caught up with them abroad. They only worry about meeting up by accident with those English nutters.

It's good to defend the innocent. But I'm sick and tired of this culture of denial, in the name of " just avin a larf"
    Must just be an English thing mate, we can't have a good time without kickin seven shades out of some one or even each other. Walk down any high street at midnight any Friday or Saturday night and what do you see, CARNAGE!!!!!! Look at the Notting Hill Carnival last year, 400 people were nicked and 21 assaults on ob (Although they were probably justified), yet we still indulge in this blood bath every year! Excellent!

ENGLISH AND PROUD!
  • Options

Well I'd say for a start that if English and Welsh fans get along in harmony then all cannot be bad.

Not so many years ago that would never have been the case.

• Options
    edited July 2016

In your opinion. Any evidence? All the public evidence supports my contention. I must have missed the undercover recordings of the Icelandic hoolies. Or the Austrians. Or the Welsh or Irish, come to that. There are a few herberts everywhere, including the Czechs, but when it comes to internationals, no Czechs worry about getting caught up with them abroad. They only worry about meeting up by accident with those English nutters.

Oh the irony.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    No, no I'm sorry but this wasn't in the guardian.
  • Options

Addickted said:
    No, no I'm sorry but this wasn't in the guardian.
    And someone must have removed the FOX logo from the corner
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't think I'll bother. Seeing it first hand was enough for me.
  • Options
    think a lot that branded england fans scum and thugs should also take a look, out of interest will anyone on here be planning on heading out to russia?
  • Options

think a lot that branded england fans scum and thugs should also take a look, out of interest will anyone on here be planning on heading out to russia?

I'm planning to go, although I doubt I'd go to an England vs Russia fixture in Russia.

Was at the game in Marseille, managed to steer clear of any bother but obviously alarmed seeing the Russians attack our supporters inside the stadium at the end of the game. The French policing was shambolic though, inside the ground, outside the ground and in the days before the game.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I'm planning to go, although I doubt I'd go to an England vs Russia fixture in Russia.

Was at the game in Marseille, managed to steer clear of any bother but obviously alarmed seeing the Russians attack our supporters inside the stadium at the end of the game. The French policing was shambolic though, inside the ground, outside the ground and in the days before the game.
    was in marseille aswell, was pretty bad but the news did make it look a lot worse, am planning on going but think ill be trying to go in and out for the fixtures.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I hasten to add, the Russian involvement with the initial trouble needs to be investigated properly. How they can have a "suspended disqualification" (whatever the fuck that's meant to be.) yet host the next major international tournament is absolutely ridiculous.

State sponsored imo. The bombers off our coast, Syria, the US elections.
    Putin is letting us know what they can do.
  • Options
    Delighted to hear that news. Absolute coward and hope he gets the whole 15 years.

Additionally, I didn’t realize Andrew finally came out of coma. Hopefully, his recovery is going well.
  • Options
    agree with above was in the vicinity when it happened and i don't scare too easily but that day from sitting down having pints to within a minute of a mob of Russians gloved up and Gumshield in baying for blood the asshole went a bit. i saw the drew turkey in the nations league wonder how many will travel over for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

agree with above was in the vicinity when it happened and i don't scare too easily but that day from sitting down having pints to within a minute of a mob of Russians gloved up and Gumshield in baying for blood the asshole went a bit. i saw the drew turkey in the nations league wonder how many will travel over for that.

I didn’t travel to Marseille for the Russia game, I always thought there would be trouble but I was convinced it would be with the locals.

I was in Berlin in 2016, 3-2 England win, when 10 blocks turned up with hammers to ty and turn the pub over I was in. Luckily, police were outside waiting for them.
  • Options

I didn’t travel to Marseille for the Russia game, I always thought there would be trouble but I was convinced it would be with the locals.

I was in Berlin in 2016, 3-2 England win, when 10 blocks turned up with hammers to ty and turn the pub over I was in. Luckily, police were outside waiting for them.
    they had a pop aswell, but credit to the french police they did deal with them pretty swiftly just meant that majority got tear gassed, not many places in the world i would never visit again but marseille is definately one of them, the only time i would break it would be a final or LOL charlton in europe.
  • Options
    Spartak fan
  • Options
    Was in Marseille for Iceland v Hungry, after mist if the English and Russians had moved on and it was great !
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    se9addick said:

Was in Marseille for Iceland v Hungry, after mist if the English and Russians had moved on and it was great !

A couple of mates went for the French groupstage match in Marseille, and they loved it down there. I think they’ve gone back there a couple times after as well.
  • Options

se9addick said:

A couple of mates went for the France groupstage stage in Marseille, and they loved it down there. I think they’ve gone back there a couple times after as well.
    The Icelandic girls helped whilst we were there, not sure how anyone gets anything done in that country
  • Options
    Put the fucker down hope thay get the rest of them.
  • Options
    Putin will get him out in no time.
  • Options
    Went to Marseille twice last year for cycling. Didn't get naughty, nobody got tear gassed and we never had anyone try to turn over the cafe we were drinking in. Then again it was only cappuccinos...
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Putin will get him out in no time.

Probably is Putin!