Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why are you not watching England v Wales

124»

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else having trouble loading iPlayer to watch it? Got it OK from Czech TV on my iPad, thankfully
  • Options

At a conference in Dublin which has just finished....airport bar/telly here I come!

Dont bother
  • Options
    I'm thinking of stopping watching it right now. You're really not missing anything folks. Utter shite
  • Options
    In the end it was the quickest planning meeting I've ever attended. Managed to see 1st half. Missed the comeback thanks to the school run!
  • Options
    Saw the first half, missed the second. Wish it had been the other way around!
  • Options

At a conference in Dublin which has just finished....airport bar/telly here I come!

Dont bother
    A beer's a beer :-)
  • Options

Barasti is definitely showing it, they've put an air conditioned dome up with big screens especially for it

You living out here @Chris_from_Sidcup or just on hols?

@lordromford living out here.
    Was living in Abu Dhabi for a year but been in Dubai since September.
  • Options

Nice to see a few of us here (dubai). I have only been here about 1 month, but having worked in Kuwait before it makes a pleasant change.

@All_Thaid_Up

I've no idea what Kuwait was like, but i'm convinced Dubai must be better. Looks like we should arrange a Charlton expats in Dubai drink some time.
  • Options
    was getting updates by phone and giving hand signals to my son (no not the nescafe one he was doing that to me) re the score and getting punched by my wife as i was giving them out .....
    managed to trample on a few kids at the end and sprint to car and watch the last 5 mins in car ..... fucking mental
  • Options
    Work brought tv in and closed

I went upstairs and had a snooze.

Could not give a f*** about international football. Club before country all day long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Could not give a f*** about international football. Club before country all day long.

I've always been a club over country man by a country mile but my love for Charlton is not what it has been due to the incompetent insulting fucktards currently running the ship,

My Charlton mojo will return once the divs have gone
  • Options

I've always been a club over country man by a country mile but my love for Charlton is not what it has been due to the incompetent insulting fucktards currently running the ship,

My Charlton mojo will return once the divs have gone
    Yep.

F*** them, they'll never beat us. We'll be here long after they have forgotten about us.

Us winning a cup(not the JPT) would totally eclipse England winning the World Cup.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    by the sounds of it there's some teachers on here, I was just wondering if any showed the game in school? cos when I was in secondary school the Nigerian game in 2002 was on during a weekday morning and we had a projector screen put up in the sports hall to watch it. crap 0-0 game but at least we got to see it. it beat double science that's for sure.

note: my school has now been demolished possibly because of the poor performance/pass rate reports. so could be why we got to see the game.
  • Options
    I was working until about 2 in the morning the night before that England game, then went back to the lucky lady who I was seeing at the time's house for the night, up at 6 to get down the pub, Yacht in Bexleyheath I think it was, for breakfast with a beer. Was battered and rolling out of the pub by 11am.

Good days!!
  • Options
    We were at the matinee performance of " Motown" at the Shaftesbury Theatre which was a birthday present from my daughter. Cracking show too.

Still couldn't completely get away from football though ...

As we were exiting stage left( literally!) someone behind me said " Come on you Reds! ".

It was a fan I didn't recognise but who sits in the East Stand with a former fellow NWKer & knows my face.

Small world indeed.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Root canal treatment at the dentists which unfortunately had to be arranged as quickly as possible and when arranged had no idea my 2.30pm appointment would be clashing with football. Plus it was either that or wait maybe a month or so for the next available appointment.

I did manage to get home and watch it unspoilt.
  • Options
    I had to work. Luckily my work consists of sitting in the pub watching the football and getting pissed with customers. Hooray!
  • Options

Root canal treatment at the dentists which unfortunately had to be arranged as quickly as possible and when arranged had no idea my 2.30pm appointment would be clashing with football. Plus it was either that or wait maybe a month or so for the next available appointment.

2.30 dentist appointment? Is this some sort of joke?
    At the possibility of being whooshed I'm not sure what you mean? Needed root canal treatment and was in agony when booking my appointment for the treatment and needed the earliest available appointment for it to have the best chance of saving the tooth. At the time of booking I didn't realise it clashed with the Wales game but on the flip side the next available time would have been weeks away with the longer I waited the greater the chance of losing the tooth.
  • Options
    I think he means the old beano joke about tooth hurteee!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

2.30 dentist appointment? Is this some sort of joke?
    At the possibility of being whooshed I'm not sure what you mean? Needed root canal treatment and was in agony when booking my appointment for the treatment and needed the earliest available appointment for it to have the best chance of saving the tooth. At the time of booking I didn't realise it clashed with the Wales game but on the flip side the next available time would have been weeks away with the longer I waited the greater the chance of losing the tooth.
    Is your dentist Chinese?