Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v. Iceland

Comments

• Options
    Am I hearing right - is Hodgson making a victory speech!
  • Options
    Every fuckin time
  • Options

4 am and I'm sitting here dumbstruck.

Lots to do at 4am in Bangkok fella!!!
  • Options
    Please not Gareth Southgate next. Not after the mess he made of the last U21 tournament.
  • Options
    at least he's a nice guy though :) Definitely graduated from the Karel Fraye school of "Smiley Football"
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Rooney can do the graceful thing and retire now, there's no room for sloths in football

Agreed, he should do what Messi did last night and retire. His passing was awful. He walked around the pitch, and he took up space that Dier, Wilshere, and Alli all would have liked to have occupied. If he was anyone other than England's brave captain, he would have been taken off at halftime.

Hodgson will obviously lose his job after this, but I don't think he had as bad a tournament as the ridiculous tabloids are going to make out. He made three very bad decisions, starting Vardy against Slovakia, letting Kane on dead ball situations, and trying to squeeze Rooney into a midfield three with Alli and Dier.

We had Ian Darke and El Macca doing commentary on the match here, and a lot of their comments were way over the top. England played far worse than that in the World Cup. The difference is this time around England had the talent, they just had too many players who didn't turn up.

After the dust settles England need to think about a January winter break. Kane, Rooney, Vardy, Alli (to be fair I thought he looked good today, his movement was very solid) all looked dead on their feet at various times throughout the tournament.

Lastly, this is a very young team (and inexperience showed) that will be better for having gone through this. In two year's time, replace Cahill with Stones and/or Gomez, a fit Wilshere for Rooney, and two more years of development for a lot of these players and I think you have a very strong squad. Sprinkle in 3-4 of the players who won the Toulan Tournament, Palmer, Loftus-Cheek, maybe Redmond or Damarai Gray (I know he didn't go this year), still think Chalobah and Chambers have all the skills to come good, and I think there's a lot more to come in future years for England. Macca and Darke talked about a crisis of English football, nonsense, this is the second youngest team at the tournament.
  • Options
    Roy resigns
  • Options
    Had his resignation speech ready. Clown.
  • Options
    They should definitely get a Belgian coach in now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No not Rooney he surely can't be playing again in an England shirt?

• Options
    The bloke is too nice - influenced his decisions and his tactics. He has shown he is not and never was cut out to be a national team manager.
  • Options
    Absolute disgrace they should be ashamed of themselves but it's same old England..
    On another note I've never seen Johann run as much as that for Charlton chasing every ball down etc makes you wonder.
  • Options

Had his resignation speech ready. Clown.

Thought it seemed a bit strange. Hopefully Rooney follows
  • Options
    Roy's a decent man who has not been anything other than the best he could be for England. He's done the decent thing and stepped down, accepting his failure.

I refuse to get angry with him for that.
  • Options
    It's a mentality issue. Germany have it. Italy have it. We don't.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

cabbles said:

Rooney can do the graceful thing and retire now, there's no room for sloths in football

Agreed, he should do what Messi did last night and retire. His passing was awful. He walked around the pitch, and he took up space that Dier, Wilshere, and Alli all would have liked to have occupied. If he was anyone other than England's brave captain, he would have been taken off at halftime.

Hodgson will obviously lose his job after this, but I don't think he had as bad a tournament as the ridiculous tabloids are going to make out. He made three very bad decisions, starting Vardy against Slovakia, letting Kane on dead ball situations, and trying to squeeze Rooney into a midfield three with Alli and Dier.

We had Ian Darke and El Macca doing commentary on the match here, and a lot of their comments were way over the top. England played far worse than that in the World Cup. The difference is this time around England had the talent, they just had too many players who didn't turn up.

After the dust settles England need to think about a January winter break. Kane, Rooney, Vardy, Alli (to be fair I thought he looked good today, his movement was very solid) all looked dead on their feet at various times throughout the tournament.

Lastly, this is a very young team (and inexperience showed) that will be better for having gone through this. In two year's time, replace Cahill with Stones and/or Gomez, a fit Wilshere for Rooney, and two more years of development for a lot of these players and I think you have a very strong squad. Sprinkle in 3-4 of the players who won the Toulan Tournament, Palmer, Loftus-Cheek, maybe Redmond or Damarai Gray (I know he didn't go this year), still think Chalobah and Chambers have all the skills to come good, and I think there's a lot more to come in future years for England. Macca and Darke talked about a crisis of English football, nonsense, this is the second youngest team at the tournament.
    We say that every fucking time. In 2, 4, 6 years guess what?

We will still be wank.
  • Options
    Roy saying he'll remember the good times. Yeah, like that group stage exit with zero wins in the World Cup. What a jape that was. Or this time, where we won one game despite playing a tremendous level of bang average teams and crashed out to the smallest team ever to play in the tournament. Oh, how we'll reminisce.
  • Options
    Since we've brexited Europe we've lost sight of how these European teams have developed.
  • Options
    My mum has gone to Iceland ;-)
    Just heard Woy's farewell speech. Obviously we watched a different game to the one he did tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How can you resign when your contract expired at the end of the tournament? I'm sure I read that was the case?
  • Options
    Bollox they ain't gonna learn from this performance they never learn

Harry Kane better have good family around him as this tournament will ruin him
  • Options
    I get angry because he has to take the blame. If we pat the loser on the back, we will never improve. We have to sniff out these losers early!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Rooney given 87mins! Said before he shouldn't have gone and tonight proved that right. Zero first touch and hitting it out of play with his 'world class' passing. Terrible.

Get sick and tired of reading/hearing that this fella is world class! If he's world class my cock's a kipper!!
  • Options
    end of the day, a dreadful performance .. but you expect your keeper to make straightforward saves .. sorry Joe Hart this is down to you .. make that save we relax and win the game
  • Options
    The FA need to grow a pair here. Don't want to see Gary Neville. They need to go big on a younger manager. Eddie Howe is the choice for me. If Pardew gets in I'm off the fucking Australia.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
  • Options
    Eddie Howe is a great shout.
  • Options
    Just waiting for the Harry Kane resignation speech and I'll start feeling slightly better.