Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v. Iceland

Comments

• Options
    how do you think history will judge the Roy Hodgson reign? well that's a question the entire country could unite behind
  • Options
    Southgate or Pardew. Fucking great.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

The FA need to grow a pair here. Don't want to see Gary Neville. They need to go big on a younger manager. Eddie Howe is the choice for me. If Pardew gets in I'm off the fucking Australia.

Howe will get his chance but it's too soon at the moment imo.
  • Options
    Still don't understand how Hart is Man City's number one keeper.

Agree his missed save was terrible and big contribution to the loss (more than just going 1 down but also the manner of it)
  • Options
    Southgate 8/1. My god.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yes, for me Howe would be a breath of fresh air - so no way FA will even consider it. Wenger would be an interesting choice for me also for different reasons. Don't fancy any of the others.
  • Options

I get angry because he has to take the blame. If we pat the loser on the back, we will never improve. We have to sniff out these losers early!

That team looked terrified tonight - you could tell they were already starting to worry about the mauling they were going to get when they got home if they didn't manage to find a way to win. England fans have been getting angry with their team or 50 years and the team has just got a bit shitter at every tournament.

If you think creating a climate of fear around the England team helps... it doesn't.
  • Options
    O

Laddick01 said:

The FA need to grow a pair here. Don't want to see Gary Neville. They need to go big on a younger manager. Eddie Howe is the choice for me. If Pardew gets in I'm off the fucking Australia.

Howe will get his chance but it's too soon at the moment imo.
    That's the problem though , we don't take risks on young managers. We go for the safe managers such as Hodgson with outdated tactics and then are surprised when our performance stagnates.

Without being rude appointing someone over 65 to me would just be another admittance of failure by the FA, we need to think long term change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Take that joe here's your next ad
  • Options
    Really proud of JBG - outstanding workrate
  • Options
    Carter said:

I've never felt more humiliated as an England fan

This. I was unlucky to witness some piss poor performances during the Taylor era but nothing as bad as this.
  • Options
    For the benefit of Hart - check out after 3:53. Notice houw you need to take your elbow out of play - this is taught to 6 year olds FFS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sNq4WaXryM
  • Options
    Oh the irony. McLaren on sky sports news calling Roy out. Im in stitches.
  • Options
    Who was it that said we are going to give someone a spanking? Gary Cahill? Has he been going to Katrien Meires schools of bullshit?
  • Options
    One of the saddest things for me is the fact Jack Wilshere looks to have completely lost any spark he had. 40 fags a day and an Injuries have ruined a player who had the best vision since Beckham.
  • Options
    Carter said:

I've never felt more humiliated as an England fan

It's not even humiliation I feel nothing not even anger it's an abject feeling of reality it was always going to happen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hodgson resigns.

Down & out .

Thanks, lads.

I've got more balls than the lot of you.

Haha - that really made me laugh.
  • Options
    Like Wright and Dixon telling it how it is.
  • Options

I've lost so much respect for Hodgson over the last week.

Just over the last week? This has been coming since he was given the job! And no, that's not hindsight!!
  • Options

I get angry because he has to take the blame. If we pat the loser on the back, we will never improve. We have to sniff out these losers early!

That team looked terrified tonight - you could tell they were already starting to worry about the mauling they were going to get when they got home if they didn't manage to find a way to win. England fans have been getting angry with their team or 50 years and the team has just got a bit shitter at every tournament.

If you think creating a climate of fear around the England team helps... it doesn't.
    Bullshit - they've had incredible support out there. How can you even think about making excuses for that!?
  • Options
    To be fair ,we don't create many chances, our finishing hasn't been clinical and our defence is shockingly weak, whoever takes this lot on has got a job on their hands and needs balls of steel.
  • Options
    Oh wow blame the fans

Nothing to do with appointing shit mgr after shit mgr

And installing Fucking boothroyd to coach the kids
  • Options
    Can someone explain to me what Sturridge brings to the team playing on the right wing, because I thought he was terrible
  • Options

I've lost so much respect for Hodgson over the last week.

Just over the last week? This has been coming since he was given the job! And no, that's not hindsight!!
    Maybe. I honestly (stupidly) thought he had a bit more about him. He's managed to fuck up the 3 big jobs he's had. Blackburn (who were good at the time), Liverpool and now this. Should have seen it coming I guess.