Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst FTSE falls in history.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2016
    FTSE 100 UP 163 AT 6303. Where it was before the referendum and nearly 400 points higher than on June 14.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ftse100+index&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gws_rd=cr&ei=5uJzV57GOaGIgAa8l5qADw.

FTSE All Share Index up 86 to 3412. 67 points below where it was on referendum day and 155 points higher than June 12th.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ftse100+index&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gws_rd=cr&ei=5uJzV57GOaGIgAa8l5qADw#q=ftse+All+Share+index

Anyone that bought when it tanked, can cash in now with a tidy profit if they were so inclined, before the inevitable dip again and rise again. All aboard the rollercoaster. :smile:
  • Options
    Nobody knows what the future holds and neither do the markets - will be easier to comment in six months time. Seems fairly chaotic at present.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Admin can we add to the title, "now back to where they were in 4 working days" :smile:
  • Options

Admin can we add to the title, "now back to where they were in 4 working days" :smile:

Until the next major fall or rise.....
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Correct, it's what markets do.

Sell high & buy again when it tanks (if you know what you're doing, very dangerous if you don't).
  • Options
    I think the market has realised the article 50 button hasn't been pushed yet.
  • Options
    FTSE 250 still down 8% on where it was
  • Options

Well my WPP shares are well below!
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Well my WPP shares are well below!
    Not surprising, companies usually advertise less in a slow down and I think the majority agree we are in for a slow down, if not small recession.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why is this in the General Charlton Category?
  • Options
    cable 1.35
  • Options

Addickted said:

Get the feeling that we may all have lost.

This is probably what most people around the world think. Funny that half of the British people feel otherwise. And if you really think about it, it's not even funny. It's unbelievably sad. How can this be seen as a win or lose thing? I've been watching from a distance and it's really.... eye-opening, in a negative way. It seems to me as if some of your people live in a bubble.
    If we were already out of the EU and we had a referendum to join it now, as the EU currently stands, would people vote to join?
    If we got the same terms - rebate, keep the pound, no Schngen then yes - that would be a great deal.
  • Options

FTSE 100 UP 163 AT 6303. Where it was before the referendum and nearly 400 points higher than on June 14.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ftse100+index&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gws_rd=cr&ei=5uJzV57GOaGIgAa8l5qADw.

FTSE All Share Index up 86 to 3412. 67 points below where it was on referendum day and 155 points higher than June 12th.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ftse100+index&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gws_rd=cr&ei=5uJzV57GOaGIgAa8l5qADw#q=ftse+All+Share+index

Anyone that bought when it tanked, can cash in now with a tidy profit if they were so inclined, before the inevitable dip again and rise again. All aboard the rollercoaster. :smile:

You sure it's up think Prague said it was going to 5800
  • Options
    but this is more to do with waiting for the never hitting of the A50 button, messy fudge and loads of face saving from whoever is the PM in the next year
  • Options
    But the 250 is still down and pound still low, so lack of confidence in Britain.

Got a nice perk of sitting next to someone who was a city trader feeding me the lines!

• Options

cable 1.35

The one I'm about to lay will be way bigger than that.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

You sure it's up think Prague said it was going to 5800
    Speaking as a card-carrying doom-monger, I might suggest that the thing to do is wait to see what happens once (if ever) Article 50 is invoked - though, given my perspective, I actually think that is more likely than some others on here.

(In fairness, though, I can also see a situation where the other member states might consider use of Article 7, if the UK government does not come to a decision soon enough).

Until the official announcement is made, the damage to the UK economy is more likely to be in relation to longer term planning; with potential investment delayed or directed elsewhere. For example, Nissan will not close their Sunderland plant overnight, but they have a strategic relationship with Renault (and, thus, access to plants across Europe), which could see models produced in Dacia factories in Romania. I would not want to suggest that they will not care about their English workforce, but they will care more for their balance sheet and their shareholders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Article 7 is that to do with human rights
  • Options
    se9addick said:

colthe3rd said:

FTSE 250 down 6.2% today. Lower than Friday and currently at it's 52 week low. Looks like it'll probably go below 15,000 today. Don't worry, everything will be fine we've got our independence.

1.3150 Cable

I think we're below €1.19 too - what have we done ?
    FFS, get over yourself
  • Options

This has really pissed on you're chips ain't it.
  • Options

A little bit of urine on some deep-fried potatoes is actually sounding quite appetising compared with what we've gotcoming to us.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

A little bit of urine on some deep-fried potatoes is actually sounding quite appetising compared with what we've gotcoming to us.
    Sour grapes ?
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Sour grapes ?
    No, merely common sense.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Freedom of movement as an ideology is deeply flawed. In theory the entire population of the EU, just short of a billion people could turn up on our doorstep, or Germany, France and demand entry. It has been sanctioned by Brussels but is not a policy that stands up to any scrutiny. There must be some quotas. Without this there would be no out verdict. A Labour wanabee should negotiate this with Merkyl and fight an election on a remain ticket.
  • Options

Freedom of movement as an ideology is deeply flawed. In theory the entire population of the EU, just short of a billion people could turn up on our doorstep, or Germany, France and demand entry. It has been sanctioned by Brussels but is not a policy that stands up to any scrutiny. There must be some quotas. Without this there would be no out verdict. A Labour wanabee should negotiate this with Merkyl and fight an election on a remain ticket.

But a "billion people" won't all move to one country, ever. And they accuse Remain of scaremongering...
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Article 7 is that to do with human rights

It's the one where the other member states can suspend a member state from, for example voting rights, if they are believed to be in breach of Article 2 (which is the one on human rights, etc., but which could include seeking to limit the freedoms of EU citizens). The wording that would be of concern is that of "the clear risk of a serious breach by a Member State of EU values", being a sufficient reason for invoking it.

I'm a bit of a pessimist where human nature is concerned, so I would imagine that, if the rest of the EU believed that the UK was messing them around in terms of beginning the Brexit negotiations, they would seek to interpret that as a risk of seriously breaching EU values.

Article 7: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A12012M007
  • Options

cable 1.35

Cheers. Was concerned....