Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Claus Jensen

Comments

• Options
    Was the best player in the championship when we managed to sign him. Still couldn't quite believe we did. 

As so many others have said he was a brilliant player and probably my favourite from that period. Whilst it's horrible to see the club as it is now it's still great to have those memories of us at our peak during those premier league days.
    Its a shame we couldnt get Gudjohnson too who of course knocked us out of the FA Cup - Had he come to us and not Chelsea then that really would have been a class side of ours
  • Options
    Yup, that Blackburn game is one of my favourite Charlton moments too
  • Options
    Been learning Danish on my phone for two years, Duolingo app.  Not sure what inspired me to pick it from the extensive list of languages, I always say it is the bird who played the Prime Minister in Borgen a Danish political drama, but I reckon it was Claus and Dennis in the last minute really...

Claus du er en Gud

(Don't ask me to pronounce Danish it's fookin crazy!!!!)
  • Options
    Had the privilege of seeing the goal and celebrating in silence. Sitting in the Arsenal end flanked by two Arsenal shirted fans. No I didn’t know them from Adam. Got a friends sons season ticket. One of the best away wins I have witnessed. Along with the 4-3 win at St James Park after being 3-0 down. Corner in the dying seconds at 3-3. Pardew back of the Net. Again had ticket in Newcastle end surrounded. Mind you the 2 Wembley trips take a lot beating. 
  • Options
    He'd be worth a bit of cash in today's game. Classy player.
  • Options
    Getting DiCanio was one thing. A talented genius of a player at the end of his career. But buying somebody of Jensen's quality at the peak of his powers was confirmation that we had arrived. I loved Claus, but that team also. I can't believe that people were critical of Kish during that time, when he was the sort of player we needed to compliment the likes of Jensen. Will we ever have a team as good again as the one we had in those days?
    Been watching a few highlights the last couple of days v Man City 4-0 4-1 Arsenal 4-2 1-0 Liverpool 3-3 (Should have won but owen cheated as usual) 2-0 2-0 Tottenham 2-0 West Ham 4-2 4-0. A whole team of battlers but they could play as well, some fantastic football played by us in those games. (Obviously there's loads more) So to answer your question Muttley, unless we somehow find a multi billionaire Charlton supporter no, I don't think we'll ever reach those heights again, at least not in my lifetime.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Class Jensen.
    My best memory of him is the goal at Old Trafford where he scored from around halfway line following an error by their keeper miss-kicking it to him and way off his goal. Only Claus could have executed that so well and it stunned the crowd and also cancelled out Beckham's opener.
    They won 4-1 in the end (but I think they enjoyed us singing that we'd win 5-4).
  • Options
    Class Jensen.
    My best memory of him is the goal at Old Trafford where he scored from around halfway line following an error by their keeper miss-kicking it to him and way off his goal. Only Claus could have executed that so well and it stunned the crowd and also cancelled out Beckham's opener.
    They won 4-1 in the end (but I think they enjoyed us singing that we'd win 5-4).
    Wasnt that the game against Man City @ Maine Road... Nicky Weaver tried to clear the ball which cannoned off Jensen and into the goal

We won 4-1
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Class Jensen.
    Wasnt that the game against Man City @ Maine Road... Nicky Weaver tried to clear the ball which cannoned off Jensen and into the goal

We won 4-1
    Yep 100% Maine Road, wasn't old Trafford. But the other sounds like a completely different goal. 
  • Options
    Class Jensen.

We won 4-1
    Yep 100% Maine Road, wasn't old Trafford. But the other sounds like a completely different goal. 
    Deffo not Maine Road - I've never been there - this was (i'm sure) the penultimate game of 2003 season.
  • Options
    Class Jensen.

We won 4-1
    Deffo not Maine Road - I've never been there - this was (i'm sure) the penultimate game of 2003 season.
    Checked soccerbase and can definitely see that Jensen scored our goal in a 4-1 defeat @ Old Trafford

Dont remember that goal though, although am embarrassed to say there are a few games from our Premier League days that I see highlights from yet dont remember
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Yup you are indeed correct, dont remember this goal for the life of me!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sHcp3-ka3M

van Nistelrooy was absolute class for Man Utd

Has almost become a forgotten man when the Premier League talks about its best Strikers!!
  • Options

Ha, I had to check for myself too! Because a) it was a long time ago and b) It was my brother-in-law's stag do and I'd probably had couple of halves of lager...
  • Options
    I remember that goal, great moment, Old Trafford went quiet except for us lot!
    Claus running with the ball was always a sight to behold, always prompted a sense of anticipation, will live long in the memory👍🏻
  • Options
    Yep, remember the game at Old Trafford too. Took wifey to the game (weekend in Manchester). Not being into football, she was bored, but remembers the barbershop quartet singing pre-game...
  • Options
    I remember the 2004 match V Blackburn.  Brad Friedel, Rover's keeper equalised for them late in the game and then Jensen does this .... I couldn't have loved him anymore at this time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg7FaXJ9L7Q
    One of my best ever moments at The Valley. Went to joy (winning) to despair (90th min equaliser by Friedel) to joy again. 
    Make you right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been learning Danish on my phone for two years, Duolingo app.  Not sure what inspired me to pick it from the extensive list of languages, I always say it is the bird who played the Prime Minister in Borgen a Danish political drama, but I reckon it was Claus and Dennis in the last minute really...

Claus du er en Gud

(Don't ask me to pronounce Danish it's fookin crazy!!!!)
    Prata Svensk kompis, allt battre.
  • Options
    My ( unreliable ) memory tells me at the time we bought Claus i read a report that Liverpool were close to going in for him  but decided against it cos his work rate was not good enough for them. Thanks Liverpool.

As said above, to think now the Charlton of that era had Claus, Parker, Di Canio et al.

The Jenson winning goal less than a minute after Friedel scored v Blackburn was  a top moment for me too.  
  • Options

van Nistelrooy was absolute class for Man Utd

Has almost become a forgotten man when the Premier League talks about its best Strikers!!
    I don't remember the first 2 goals as I was stuck on the M6 trying to get there. Early kick off iirc & didn't get into the ground until 20 mins into the game. Heard Jensen's equaliser on the radio whilst trying to find somewhere to park. 
  • Options
    My ( unreliable ) memory tells me at the time we bought Claus i read a report that Liverpool were close to going in for him  but decided against it cos his work rate was not good enough for them. Thanks Liverpool.

As said above, to think now the Charlton of that era had Claus, Parker, Di Canio et al.

The Jenson winning goal less than a minute after Friedel scored v Blackburn was  a top moment for me too.  
    No coincidence our highest finish was the only season with those 3 in the squad.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Awesome goal , Man City 1-4 they were the days, I remember watching that & almost choking on my pint in the bat n ball Canterbury 
  • Options
    I was at that game. Went on the coach with my brother. I found Maine road pretty frightening that day. 
  • Options
    Four days after getting hammered 5-0 at West Ham.

CJ came out top in Charlton fans' favourite Danish player CAST vote, even beating Simmo, though more recent and at the club for much longer and in the PL, so understandable. 

Noticed that CJ is now a manager in Denmark. 
  • Options
    Saw him in Chislehurst Sainsbury a couple of times, once he spent some time chatting with my son.
    An absolute gentleman, and could he play!