Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrew Crofts - now (2021) Brighton U23 manager (p9)

Comments

• Options

IMHO Crofts is the replacement/cover for Kashi and Diarra.

He knows the game at this level, he's not too old and he was free.

We all want goalscorers and creative players but we also need the water carriers.

He was a decent player, all the other sales or lack of purchases aren't his fault, he does what he does.

This water carrier can tackle, physically he is good but technically he is donkey. But yeah, replacement for Kashi I would say.
  • Options
    Are you sure Crofts isn't supposed to be the replacement for Cousins?
  • Options
    Yes just need 3 more injury prone free bs and a couple of shit youngsters on loan and we should be competitive again like last 2 seasons learning by there mistakes every season.dont know how there going to balance books When were in the conference.
    Mind you Diarra Kashi and Crofts they can't all be injured at once can they is it bad luck or what. Or could we have kept Jordan and paid him all 3 of there wages pretty sure he would have played more games than these 3 put together. Good luck and welcome crofts. Hope you don't regret it but I think you might.
  • Options
    Please excuse me for not getting too excited by this signing. However, welcome Andrew Crofts
  • Options
    Wonder when he will actually sign the contract?
  • Options
    What happens if he gets called up to the Welsh squad? Will our game get called off or do we miss him for the game?
  • Options
    Given Cousins' departure and the injuries to Kashi and Diarra, I guess we had to get someone in, given the fact that kick-off is now only two weeks away. We've been told that Kashi is out for four months (i.e. half the season), which might well be conservative, whilst Diarra - fine player that he is - is now 35 and has suffered with injuries in recent years.

I don't suppose we have that many irons in the fire, although Slade and his management team will know that we urgently need some creativity in central midfield. If we end up relying just on Ricky Holmes to provide ammunition for the strikers, it will become very predictable and much easier for opponents to counter.
  • Options
    Most optimistic comment I can think to make..... Our Andy Hughes equivalent signing for this season. Just need the Hollands and Stephens equivalents now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blucher said:

Given Cousins' departure and the injuries to Kashi and Diarra, I guess we had to get someone in, given the fact that kick-off is now only two weeks away. We've been told that Kashi is out for four months (i.e. half the season), which might well be conservative, whilst Diarra - fine player that he is - is now 35 and has suffered with injuries in recent years.

I don't suppose we have that many irons in the fire, although Slade and his management team will know that we urgently need some creativity in central midfield. If we end up relying just on Ricky Holmes to provide ammunition for the strikers, it will become very predictable and much easier for opponents to counter.

Agreed, just like last season, when the oppo had to stop JBG and then we were clueless.

Crofts may not be an exciting signing but some of our fans have to get real.

We need a decent squad and Crofts should be part of that, as a replacement for Kashi/Cousins.

It's who else we get in that's important.
  • Options
    so glad they BETDAQ on that shirt, killed off any minor urge to like the shirt..
  • Options

Good grief, seriously underwhelmed. When will we sign an attacking, box to box midfielder? Expect Buxton next, maybe even Foley too, chances of the play offs getting ever more remote.

Those sorts of players basically don't exist in the modern game anymore. Extremely rare to find an attacking AND box to box player.
  • Options

Shall we just wait and see how he gets on in a Charlton shirt? If he's wank in our first 5 games then fair enough.

This regime brings out the worst in all our supporters at times.

Playing the first five games would be something to cheer in itself. That's about all he managed last season in total.
  • Options

We all want goalscorers and creative players but we also need the water carriers.

He was a decent player, all the other sales or lack of purchases aren't his fault, he does what he does.

Agree with this.

He's experienced and it beats putting some poor 17 year old youth team midfielder in, which is the way things were heading.
  • Options
    77 matches since 2012. Glad to know we have learnt from our mistakes and will only sign players capable of 30+ games per season. Slade saw more in him than the fans who were under-whelmed by his friendly performances. Scraping the bottom of the barrel comes to mind.
  • Options
    Replaces Cousins ?

A 32 yr old replaces a 22 year old - makes sense to someone I suppose
  • Options
    Once again, I ask the question - could you see Powell or Curbs signing this lad, if they were managing us in this position?

Never seen him play personally, but his background leads me to believe he fits the profile of a Curbs or Powell signing so on that basis I'm happy enough. Plus we've been watching him for a couple of weeks so he's not a rushed panic buy.
  • Options
    Probably a decent signing, but I couldn't give a stuff... we've lost Cousins, Watt, Pope, Hendo & JBG in a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    See a lot of people underwhelmed but not really anyone writing him off. In a spate of high profile, damaging sales a 32 year old holding midfielder isn't exactly going to have people hitting the ceiling. I think he's a decent signing though and he'll fill a gap we have in L1. Hopefully we'll be in a situation where he plays at the start of the season and then Kashi and Diarra return and push him back into a supporting role. That's one signing down but we need a hell of a lot more to come in now, and a few of a higher quality than this, particularly at centre half and attacking midfield. Also, a keeper would be nice. Most teams have those.
  • Options
    He's certainly good enough to be back up for a league one side. The problem we currently have is that he'll probably be a starter.
  • Options
    Can you imagine a central midfield pairing (or trio) of Crofts, JJ & Ba... would be a game of let's chase the shadows even at this level. It's almost a relief we're not in the Championship still, Roland would probably make the same transfer movements and we'd be laughed out of the league before Christmas.
  • Options
    And
  • Options

Agreed. Just hope it does not signal the departure of Kashi though.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Agreed. Just hope it does not signal the departure of Kashi though.
    Doubtful. There's,no way he'd pass a medical.
  • Options
    Another old injury prone player, they haven't learnt their lessons, another lie.

Anyway good luck mate, your gonna need it.
  • Options
    Is he injury prone? Thought he has made a decent number of appearances wherever he has been
  • Options
    Sorry to disappoint most of you but this is a great signing! ! Welcome Andrew and good luck
  • Options
    Roger Johnson got 18 months lol.