Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Orient (pre-season friendly) Match Thread 23/7/16

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2016
    It's a friendly so no its not the end of the world that we only drew.

Lack of squad depth and a number of injuries are a concern but I'm sure Slade can see that too.

Does Roland? Who knows?
  • Options
    have we unearthed another striker, novak who can't score? wots that now 5 games, no goals,
  • Options

have we unearthed another striker, novak who can't score? wots that now 5 games, no goals,

How many goals did Bradley Wright-Phillips / Paul Hayes get in the pre-season before 2011/12!!

I dont care if he doesnt score against Leyton Orient in a friendly so long as he can do it across 46-games in a competitive game
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    by the way, why isn't lookman playing, is he injured or on the way out?
  • Options

How many goals did Bradley Wright-Phillips / Paul Hayes get in the pre-season before 2011/12!!

I dont care if he doesnt score against Leyton Orient in a friendly so long as he can do it across 46-games in a competitive game
    Paul Hayes never scored that many during the season either
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I don't think i have ever been so excited by a coming season...
  • Options

He's was with England U19s until Tuesday so wouldnt have returned to Sparrows Lane till Wednesday at the earliest so he's either going to be well behind with his pre-season or just wasnt quite ready for today
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Two crap teams. Orient slightly less crap. Again no real pattern of plan. Zero threat. Miles away from where we should/need to be. Hugely worrying. Lack of changes reflects what Slade thinks of the options he has imo.
  • Options

it was said more in black humour, than having a go.

so how do think he's shaping up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Deary me
  • Options

Not sure... Havent seen him play yet as havent seen any of the friendlies yet, am not fussed though as he scored 15-goals last season for Chesterfield.

He'll find the net this season
  • Options

Not sure... Havent seen him play yet as havent seen any of the friendlies yet, am not fussed though as he scored 15-goals last season for Chesterfield.

To score goals a forward has to have chances. We are currently creating nothing. We look utterly devoid of attacking ideas.
  • Options

If you think so.

15 goals in 35 games for Chesterfield last season suggests something different?

• Options

15 goals last season on loan at Chesterfield! Isn't that more than a goal every 5 games? My Maths is not good
  • Options

Probably having a rest after being with the England u19's.
  • Options

To score goals a forward has to have chances. We are currently creating nothing. We look utterly devoid of attacking ideas.
    Ajose's injury hasn't helped. Difficult to strike up a partnership or attacking patterns when your main striker is probably only light training this week.

Time is running out for us to get going though I agree.
  • Options
    Not much to add, preseason stroll in warm weather, we do look poor across the middle and if I'd have been asked which team played in a higher division it would have been Orient. Hanlon and Harriot looked decent. Johnson shouldn't be playing anymore but then we all know that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well, the Ticket Office will be busy on Monday after that one !

I think there's 10% surcharge when you buy tickets on the last Monday of a month

Isn't there an additional surcharge when it's a month without an "r" in it?
  • Options
    as I also said, the novak quip, was more in jest but I haven't seen many comments about his performances.
    for those that have seen him so far and I'm not one of them, please illuminate us!
  • Options

Never judge a season's potential by the friendlies. Keep repeating.

Yes it could get worse
  • Options
    Would like to hear Slade's post match press chat. Wonder what he's got to say about the quality and depth of his squad.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Interesting interview with Slade post Orient
    https://audioboom.com/boos/4853229-full-reaction-cafc-russell-slade-gives-his-assessment-of-the-goalless-draw-with-lofc

Wants 5 or 6 new players at least and says we're miles away from being ready. Playing too many kids in pre season.

Best Slade interview since coming to Charlton. Best by far.
    Plenty of signals for Katrien and Roland there.
  • Options
    Just listened to RS interview, he said we are miles away from being a top side in the league, doesn't want to rely on kids wants 5/6 more players, didn't expect pope to go he was to be number 1 with a new number 2 coming in, now needs a new g/k at least and should be here in 48/72 hours. Finances are tight but he sounds determined to make us a top side and wants the right type of experienced players to join. Lets see what unfolds, he wasn't happy with today's performance either.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Interesting interview with Slade post Orient
    https://audioboom.com/boos/4853229-full-reaction-cafc-russell-slade-gives-his-assessment-of-the-goalless-draw-with-lofc

Wants 5 or 6 new players at least and says we're miles away from being ready. Playing too many kids in pre season.

Ajose and Crofts back on Tuesday. Solly maybe and ok for Bury. Lookman set to play Tuesday too. Moore in by then most likely.

Add 5 more and it's a different team.
  • Options
    Credit to him for sounding generally upbeat but he sounded worried talking about the squad and being competitive. They really need to spend some money on a couple of decent players amongst the freebies.