Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v RKC Waalwijk | Sat 30 July | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Charlton Athletic v RKC Waalwijk
Saturday 30th July 2016 … 3pm Kick-Off
Pre-Season Friendly

Introduction

So here we are… It’s the final game of the pre-season; it’s the last chance for Russell Slade to trial new tactics and players in new positions, seven matches have been played, three of those have seen the Addicks finish victorious, two in defeat and two in stalemate which really did stress the word: Stale!!

It’s been common for the Addicks to finish pre-season at home against marque team… Last season it was West Ham United, whilst other years we’ve played host to AEK Athens, Feyenoord and Athletic Bilbao, back in 2011 we knew it would be a special season when Charlton started their season with a spin, defeating Den Bosch to claim the historic: People’s Cup.

This Saturday it’s time to get serious once more… As we play host to fellow Dutch side (that’s fellow Dutch side to Den Bosch): RKC Waalwijk

The Opposition
Name: RKC Waalwijk | Manager: Peter van den Berg
League: Dutch Eerste Division

Where do I start in this section, well I guess I’d better warn you that RKC belong to a very reputable League in the Netherlands as this is the level from which we signed Piotr Parzyszek, yet that is where the similarities end… Last season wasn’t the best for RKC, based in the South of the Netherlands they finished second bottom on just 32-points last season yet thankfully for them there is no relegation down to a third tier so RKC will live to fight another day.

Historically wise, they’ve had better seasons… On four occasions they’ve been on a European adventure in what was the Intertoto Cup (their most recent efforts being in 2001) yet they’ve faced English opposition before, coming in 2000 they squared up against Bradford City in the same competition… and lost both legs.

On to the playing squad and I think the real reason for Dave Lockwood’s resignation is clear for all to see…

In a team that looks like it has more vowels than consonants, he’d have needed a spit bucket to get through this line-up (Something that couldn’t be included due to the tight budget this summer) yet Captain: Steef Nieuwendaal is the obvious tongue twister alongside Nando Wormgoor who shouldn’t be confused for the popular restaurant chain!!

Team News
As already mentioned, unless any signings come in tomorrow you’d expect whatever team that plays this Saturday will also start against Bury… Having made three clean-sheets it would be a surprise to see any change in goal whilst you’d hope to see Nick Ajose alongside a newly mummified Lee Novak.

For RKC, apart from being a team that would give you a great score on Countdown or Scrabble can rely on Dutch-Scottish-Indonesian-Womble; Kenny Anderson whilst if they make appearances then Colin Seedorf shouldn’t be confused with Clarence (no relation to the great Midfielder) whilst Dutch-Ghanaian Striker: Fred Benson has no links to our ex-Addick Paul.

Prediction
Seeing that Piotr Parzyszek played all of three minutes for the Addicks a few years ago you’d expect RKC to pose no threat (especially a side who seriously struggle in the same Division as Polish Pete… No side should be under-estimated though as RKC have won all their friendlies this summer including a 1-0 win over Den Bosch, despite this you’d still expect to see a Charlton victory.

Pop Quiz
(1) Name the link between Charlton Athletic and RKC Waalwijk
(2) What main colour is the RKC Kit
(3) True or False ... RKC used Male Models in Lingerie replacing mascots for one match last season

Comments

• Options
    Very appropriate that our unpronounceable friends from Netherlands played in the Inter Toto. Inter Toto means between death when translated from Latin. Sort of applies to us.
  • Options

Very appropriate that our unpronounceable friends from Netherlands played in the Inter Toto. Inter Toto means between death when translated from Latin. Sort of applies to us.

Damn wish I knew that... I'd have used that in the preview!!
  • Options
    (1) Name the link between Charlton Athletic and RKC Waalwijk Rommedahl ended his career there
    (2) What main colour is the RKC Kit yellow
    (3) True or False ... RKC used Male Models in Lingerie replacing mascots for one match last season False, it was female models.
  • Options
    1) we are both shit by the sounds of it
    2) pink?
    3) weren't they women?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

sam3110 said:

(1) Name the link between Charlton Athletic and RKC Waalwijk Rommedahl ended his career there
    (3) True or False ... RKC used Male Models in Lingerie replacing mascots for one match last season False, it was female models.

WINNER!!... Knew that (2) / (3) were damned easy but thought (1) Would be a bit harder :(

Congratulations you've won a ticket to see Charlton v RKC!!
    Don't believe 3 without photographic proof.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:

sam3110 said:

WINNER!!... Knew that (2) / (3) were damned easy but thought (1) Would be a bit harder :(

Don't believe 2 without photographic proof.
    I dont know what baffles me more...
    - the fact that you need to see (2) as proof when a picture is in my OP
    - the fact you dont need to see (3) as proof!!
  • Options
    Now tell me thst a sofa is better than that! Just another chance to have a pop at our useless CEO.
    PS Katy, if we can't afford the models, you and RM are welcome to prance about in ligerie before the Northampton match. God knows the fans could do with a bit of light relief.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

katrien might get an idea, the house spinning dj could make a reappearance with some assistants.
  • Options

cfgs said:

sam3110 said:

Don't believe 2 without photographic proof.
    I dont know what baffles me more...
    - the fact that you need to see (2) as proof when a picture is in my OP
    - the fact you dont need to see (3) as proof!!
    Sunstroke in Greece........amended to 3. Although I remember it but the pictures are always worth another perusal.
  • Options

Now tell me thst a sofa is better than that! Just another chance to have a pop at our useless CEO.
    PS Katy, if we can't afford the models, you and RM are welcome to prance about in ligerie before the Northampton match. God knows the fans could do with a bit of light relief.

No they most certainly are not!

Gone right off my afternoon tea and biscuits now.

• Options
    That sums up dutch football female models it was a fixture played on 14feb this year to try to get more people to watch the game.

RKC Waalwijk was the same as Charlton about 10years ago top flight football and punching above there weight.

Had a good manager in Martin Jol and played good football.Those days are now over.Rommedahl was on the books of Waalwijk but played no league games for the club due to being injured.

Players to watch forget it.If Charlton do not win this game by 3 or 4 goals This Season Is going to be HARD.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    If all those gorgeous girls were separated into three rows with me sitting bang in the middle of them I still couldn't be dragged to this match.

0 - 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh I forgot to add to my Preview... Its Family FUN DAY this Saturday at the Valley!!... Nope still not going either!!

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-family-fun-day-2016-3209858.aspx
  • Options

Oh I forgot to add to my Preview... Its Family FUN DAY this Saturday at the Valley!!... Nope still not going either!!

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-family-fun-day-2016-3209858.aspx

Remember the videos of KM going round chatting to fans at last year's event. Asking kids what their favourite song is and who their favourite player is.

Not sure she'll be doing that this year.
  • Options

In true Charlton fashion - a Train ride.
  • Options

If all those gorgeous girls were separated into three rows with me sitting bang in the middle of them I still couldn't be dragged to this match.

0 - 0

you old fibber ((:>)
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Options
    Going to the game again. I'm no-longer sure I am existing in the same reality as the rest of you. Not expecting much to be honest.