Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v RKC Waalwijk | Sat 30 July | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

So, Pippa, who is your favourite Charlton player ?

It WAS Jordan Cousins ... ( sobbing & wiping her bogies on Katrien's scarf )

Yes, sadly, he wanted to move to a London club ......but tell me, what is your favourite song ?

Well, I like "The dead, red robin " but my bestest is " Valley Floyd Road, the bitch strolling in after 10"

( Flounces off after kicking Katrien in the shins with " And that's from my Nan ! ")

Did you make those up yourself? If so, I'm dead impressed.

(If not, I'm appalled that you'd resort to plagiarism and haven't credited the originator.)
  • Options
    Anyone that does not fancy this game....... can come along to Eltham Town FC, 176 Footscray road, SE9 2TD (near the petrol station). or come after the match!. Free entry, game KO's 6pm.
    Bar and car park. Watch the German Addicks, and some local Saturday league footballers, a few lifers are up for this so come along and see a game, sorry about the 'plug' , but has to be better than Saturday night TV eh!
  • Options
    All proceeds from Saturday's matchday programme will go to the Charlton Athletic Community Trust
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-valley-review-rkc-waalwijk-community-trust-3214512.aspx#3ojcySkeJIbyCfol.99
  • Options

Yes, sadly, he wanted to move to a London club ......but tell me, what is your favourite song ?

Well, I like "The dead, red robin " but my bestest is " Valley Floyd Road, the bitch strolling in after 10"

( Flounces off after kicking Katrien in the shins with " And that's from my Nan ! ")

(If not, I'm appalled that you'd resort to plagiarism and haven't credited the originator.)
    All my own work, AA .

How did you ever doubt me ?
  • Options

All my own work, AA .

In penance, I've self-flagellated and will be wearing a hair shirt for the next week.
  • Options

Miss Belgium doing her best to get away from Roland & co
  • Options

sammy391 said:

Match day programme is again a fold out 'edition' - something tells me this is miere's cost cutting again , only Charlton would come second in a nationwide completion for best match day programme then almost scrap it and reduce it to a mere poster!

Not surprised in the slightest... Wasn't it mentioned last season that the Programme was going to be slimmed down?
    Like the playing staff
  • Options

Anyone that does not fancy this game....... can come along to Eltham Town FC, 176 Footscray road, SE9 2TD (near the petrol station). or come after the match!. Free entry, game KO's 6pm.
    Bar and car park. Watch the German Addicks, and some local Saturday league footballers, a few lifers are up for this so come along and see a game, sorry about the 'plug' , but has to be better than Saturday night TV eh!

Will be at both. Know which one I'm looking forward to the most.
  • Options
    Stig said:

drewman said:

I honestly don't understand what anyone will get out of this game.

Vast numbers of lower west and lower north seats blocked out on the system for this game - virtually all of lower west G, F and H, possibly to segregate a handful of away fans, although perhaps they've distributed them as comps as a tiny number are available. About 1,000 other seats unavailable, presumably for comps, most of which won't be used.

Can't see the "family fun day" being that busy.
    That's one of the new signings
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

All my own work, AA .

In penance, I've self-flagellated and will be wearing a hair shirt for the next week.
    Perv.

• Options
    Not bothering with this one. Long day tomorrow, and even though I am curious I also don't want to be depressed further.
  • Options
    Once again, more interested in Slade's post match interview than the game.
  • Options
    5-11. That's players starting for each team and score.
  • Options

5-11. That's players starting for each team and score.

Where the fuck do you think we're going to get 5 goals from?
  • Options
    They're all going to be own goals.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    seth plum said:

They're all going to be own goals.

Do we cross enough for that? Or get anywhere near the box for that matter? I mean I feel like we need to get at least near the goal to force an OG unless they're planning on doing defender keepy-uppies the whole match.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Seriously though, short of seeing what some of the kids have--Hanlan, Konsa, and potentially Umerah if he's recovered from that gash on his leg, I just don't see much coming out of this.

Would be nice if Slade experimented with formations. I've said before that a lot of teams are going to sit deep against us as we're one of the "big boys" in the division. Even though it sounded uninspiring, he did at least try 4-1-4-1 against Ipswich, so credit where it's due there. Would love to see a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 at some point.

Wouldn't mind trying the Skipper in the #10 role. I've said elsewhere that I think a lot of the time we talk about "his legs going" when we really should be asking what his best position is now. For quite some time now, I've not been convinced he can play as part of a midfield two in a 4-4-2, largely because he isn't disciplined enough and sitting deep isn't natural for him, while he doesn't create enough to be the attacking midfielder.

I think the 10 role would free him up a bit, potentially allow him to play between the lines and pick passes, pull out wide to put in crosses or get into the box to get on the end of crosses. I'll admit it's far from ideal, but I think given his game intelligence and stamina, he has the ability to prologue his career by a couple years if he can find himself a new role that isn't the box-to-box type (which is fading out of the game anyway).

Beyond that, would be curious to see Hanlan as a lone striker in a 4-3-3. Give his natural athleticism, I assume that with Nowak out, he's the one most physically inclined to play that role. Could be wrong, it could be Umerah, so might be something to try in the second half if Umerah is fit.

Regarding the transfers, Slade has to play the hand he's dealt. I do think we'll get players in, although I'm not sure they'll all be of the standard we need. Either way, it's a long season, and there are signs that indicate Hanlan, Umerah, and Konsa are all ready to play a part. Would like to see them tested accordingly. Also wouldn't mind seeing Konsa in midfield, even though we have a surplus of holding midfielders when everyone is fit. With his ability on the ball, he might be one of our most technically gifted midfielders.

This is a match that could be interesting, or Slade could use it to give players another run out in a 4-4-2 and perhaps use it as a sly way of showing the board he needs more players. I hope for the former.
  • Options
    Believe it when it's on the OS.
    This is the text on the first page just now.

Hear live commentary of Charlton's pre-season friendly against KRC Waalwijk at The Valley on Tuesday (3pm)

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/index.aspx#FDEXs6kDe2v27mKk.99

Turn around folks, you have the wrong day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Believe it when it's on the OS.
    This is the text on the first page just now.

Hear live commentary of Charlton's pre-season friendly against KRC Waalwijk at The Valley on Tuesday (3pm)

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/index.aspx#FDEXs6kDe2v27mKk.99

Turn around folks, you have the wrong day.

I'll be listening. Let's try not to think about what that says about me.
  • Options

Oh dear.

Did you think the whole of pre season was a ruse and today was the day we announce Messi, Pogba and Suarez in the starting line-up
  • Options
    Just seems strange playing three central defenders and three central midfielders.
  • Options
    Awfully lacking quality if thats what we are going with in League One its going be a long hard season
  • Options
    CafcSteve said:

Just seems strange playing three central defenders and three central midfielders.

Russ has had his instructions from Karel.
  • Options
    "We all acknowledge that this is a difficult time for the club, but I and the club’s Senior Management Team will start the rebuilding work immediately. Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship. "
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Foxy bingo off , or injured ? (Just seen, he's on the bench )
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Oh dear.

What the fucking fuck is that total load of shite? It's not a league one football team thats for sure.

Meire - that team is a total disgrace. An embarrassment.
  • Options
    Looks like 3-5-2 to me. Crofts, JJ and Ba in the middle with Solly and THD as wing backs.
    What a mess not getting players in. Whatever you say about not panicking the fact is they've had money for weeks. Fucking spend it.