Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v RKC Waalwijk | Sat 30 July | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:

Looks like 3-5-2 to me. Crofts, JJ and Ba in the middle with Solly and THD as wing backs.
    What a mess not getting players in. Whatever you say about not panicking the fact is they've had money for weeks. Fucking spend it.

JJ on the bench
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Looks like 3-5-2 to me. Crofts, JJ and Ba in the middle with Solly and THD as wing backs.
    What a mess not getting players in. Whatever you say about not panicking the fact is they've had money for weeks. Fucking spend it.

Jackson isn't playing.
  • Options
    What the actual f... is that line up all about! Season ticket? HahahahahahahAhahah
  • Options
    Sorry, I meant Foley
  • Options
    Terrell Thomas? Wasn't he on the Motown label?
  • Options
    Well, I said I hoped he would experiment with systems and young players...didn't really expect it to be what looks like a very defensive 3-5-2 with three central backs, Solly as a wingback who is better at defending than going forward, and Foley and Crofts in central midfield, neither of whom have a creative bone in their body.

I'm starting to fear that it's pretty evident Slade isn't used to coaching teams who need to go out on the front foot. As things stand now, our creativity comes from player who like playing wide: Harriott, Holmes, and Lookie. We've successfully managed to drop two of them, and play Lookie up front with Ajose which looks like a somewhat odd partnership at best.

One thing I hope is that this will give Ba some freedom to roam and drive forward, and potentially allow him to create chances.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    SDAddick said:

Well, I said I hoped he would experiment with systems and young players...didn't really expect it to be what looks like a very defensive 3-5-2 with three central backs, Solly as a wingback who is better at defending than going forward, and Foley and Crofts in central midfield, neither of whom have a creative bone in their body.

I'm starting to fear that it's pretty evident Slade isn't used to coaching teams who need to go out on the front foot. As things stand now, our creativity comes from player who like playing wide: Harriott, Holmes, and Lookie. We've successfully managed to drop two of them, and play Lookie up front with Ajose which looks like a somewhat odd partnership at best.

One thing I hope is that this will give Ba some freedom to roam and drive forward, and potentially allow him to create chances.

I would guess he can see we have a load of kids going into a tough league 1 season and is finding a formation that makes it hard for teams to break us down, with the possibility of hitting sides on the break through our wing backs.
    Think about that for a moment...Charlton Athletic having to soak up pressure from the might of division 3 teams, because our owners can't see we actually need to buy a squad of good players to challenge for promotion.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I guess he has decided that Ajose can't play up front solo
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

And not wrongly, although I think playing alone up front in 4-1-4-1 should be very different from playing along up front in 4-2-3-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JJ coming on for 2nd half
  • Options
    Plus Ricky Holmes
  • Options
    Thomas and Ba off
  • Options
    SO, whats the score?
  • Options
    0-1
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

And not wrongly, although I think playing alone up front in 4-1-4-1 should be very different from playing along up front in 4-2-3-1
    Depends how adventurous the second 4 are. 4-1-4-1 can be extremely offensive , although probably not with Foley and Crofts in the middle !
  • Options
    In fact, if you can be arsed to turn up, we'll pay you to come in.
  • Options
    How bad are we really?

Are we relegation contenders?

I haven't seen us in any friendlies but, I have no doubt we have all the credentials as a badly run club to drop for a second time.
  • Options

How bad are we really?

I haven't seen us in any friendlies but, I have no doubt we have all the credentials as a badly run club to drop for a second time.

I don't think so, but unless they bring some players in then with a few injuries and it will all come come tumbling down......
  • Options

How bad are we really?

They were pretty awful. A bit better in the second half but that is only like comparing a pile of dog shit with a pile of vomit.

I am seriously worried about this season. At least 5 quality starting players needed. I don't see much chance of those signings being made if Slade had to fight to get the very average Crofts in.