Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC v Waalwijk match thread (FT 1-1, lost 4-3 on pens). - att: 1,626 (217 away).

Comments

• Options
    Sounds better than the shoot out at Wembley in '98.
  • Options
    There's a Facebook live stream for the pens on the Official Facebook page
  • Options
    This reminds me of the Wembley play off final
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

OMG OMG OMG!

Breath!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cue Slade....
  • Options
    Fancy putting the score in the heading, it takes all the excitement out of the thread :smiley:
  • Options
    I don't think the players will be in the car park long signing autographs and having selfies with all the 'customers'
  • Options
    Top 6 budget she said...
  • Options
    I wonder what Russ makes of it all?
  • Options
    Embarrassing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bury are going to stuff us next week. In fact a heavy defeat might not be a bad thing if it forces Roland to put his hand in his pocket
  • Options
    I really hope that was a "protest" team.
    God help us if it wasn't.
  • Options

Bury are going to stuff us next week. In fact a heavy defeat might not be a bad thing if it forces Roland to put his hand in his pocket

That's a big if though
  • Options

A gun to his head wouldn't make that incompetent fool put he's hand in his pocket.
  • Options
    vff said:

I remember a previous Charlton game against Vincenza, under Curbs Charlton winning 3-1. It was a lively match, and Charlton looked incredibly, sharp, well drilled and ready for a season in the premiership. Vincenza had also been promoted to the Italian Serie A. Charlton were ahead in the pre season preparation and were much fitter than the Italians, who put in some bad tackles. Good crowd for the friendly. Charlton went on to have an excellent season in the premeirship.

Scroll forward, 1,600 allegedly today, 2 stands closed and a team clearly not ready for the start of the season. Meire is so clueless, she does not know, how badly the club is failing under her & Duchatelet. What a state of affairs

Rufus started that all off by elbowing one of the Italians in the face after 60 seconds. Best pre season game ever.
  • Options
    That Vicenza game was excellent, thought it was 3-2, could be wrong. But i remember them scoring a worldy.

Ah, to have pride in the club.
  • Options
    vff said:

I remember a previous Charlton game against Vincenza, under Curbs Charlton winning 3-1. It was a lively match, and Charlton looked incredibly, sharp, well drilled and ready for a season in the premiership. Vincenza had also been promoted to the Italian Serie A. Charlton were ahead in the pre season preparation and were much fitter than the Italians, who put in some bad tackles. Good crowd for the friendly. Charlton went on to have an excellent season in the premeirship.

Scroll forward, 1,600 allegedly today, 2 stands closed and a team clearly not ready for the start of the season. Meire is so clueless, she does not know, how badly the club is failing under her & Duchatelet. What a state of affairs

Still got that program somewhere good old days
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2016
    There was even a sending off in that game, with Curbs trying to substitute a player before the referee had time to send them off. I remember how fit, strong, hungry, confident and ready for a scrap Charlton were. Really determined not to be beaten. It seems like a lifetime away.