Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC v Waalwijk match thread (FT 1-1, lost 4-3 on pens). - att: 1,626 (217 away).

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options

SDAddick said:

Whilst I don't think we are there with the squad yet this year, read it this thread from last year reminded me just how bad things were a week before the season started.

I had forgot that Slade put out a 'protest 11' for this match.

That was so petulant and childish, and I lost a lot of respect for him that day. It was the moment that confirmed all my suspicions that he was not up to the task.
    I didn't quite see it the same way. I saw it more as a last attempt from him to show the regime just how far away the squad was only a week away from the season. It was him saying look how much I need. Back me..

He should never have been put in the position where that seemed a better option than properly preparing for the season.
    I get that. But I think it was the worst possible way to handle the situation. Especially in the last pre-season game. Surely you'd think he'd want his team preparing and putting on the finishing touches. But he did this instead.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Whilst I don't think we are there with the squad yet this year, read it this thread from last year reminded me just how bad things were a week before the season started.

That was so petulant and childish, and I lost a lot of respect for him that day. It was the moment that confirmed all my suspicions that he was not up to the task.
    I didn't quite see it the same way. I saw it more as a last attempt from him to show the regime just how far away the squad was only a week away from the season. It was him saying look how much I need. Back me..

He should never have been put in the position where that seemed a better option than properly preparing for the season.
    I get that. But I think it was the worst possible way to handle the situation. Especially in the last pre-season game. Surely you'd think he'd want his team preparing and putting on the finishing touches. But he did this instead.
    I agree. And I think Slade would agree which shows just how bad things were behind the scenes for him to even consider it.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

I agree. And I think Slade would agree which shows just how bad things were behind the scenes for him to even consider it.
    If only he'd been more patient