Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC v Waalwijk match thread (FT 1-1, lost 4-3 on pens). - att: 1,626 (217 away).

Comments

• Options
    I think all the more embarrassing was the players meet and greet footage pushed out by the media team after the game. Genuinely more players that fans there by about 2:1

Still at least next season those that don't agree with the protests can sit there without being disturbed... By anyone.
  • Options
    T said:

I think all the more embarrassing was the players meet and greet footage pushed out by the media team after the game. Genuinely more players that fans there by about 2:1

Still at least next season those that don't agree with the protests can sit there without being disturbed... By anyone.

Seemed to be a few dozen fans going in when I walked past after the game?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Big Russ needs to wake up and smell the coffee the regime are playing you big time my old fruit and Pinnlochio in particular is laughing behind your back.

According to Fox's Dad on here another exit expected this week, hinting at either Harriott or Lookman? Well that's how I read it (page 8) anyway.

And Foxs dad might know. I've been told West Ham want his boy.
  • Options
    I know over the last decade (Sheesh) we have had ups and alot of downs. But this time I genuinely believe we are going to slide to the bottom and not see the light of day for a long long time.

I just cannot understand the thinking behind running the club and for the love of me, i can't predict the happenings of next week, yet i can't help but think they will be negative.

League 1, shit owner, a rat of a CEO, hardly enough players, no fans wanting to watch (totally understandably), players and manager appearing demotivated and a very tough long season ahead.
  • Options

Andrew Crofts 77 appearances since 2012. No wonder he is rusty. The question is why the contract after a short inconsequential trial? Panic signing? Foley 21 games since 2014. Is he the answer?

Top six budget.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Andrew Crofts 77 appearances since 2012. No wonder he is rusty. The question is why the contract after a short inconsequential trial? Panic signing? Foley 21 games since 2014. Is he the answer?

Top six budget.
    Exactly, I'd hate to to be given a bottom six budget as a CEO, I'd have to break into my Post Office savings to balance the books :wink:.
  • Options

I had a couple of clowns behind me who thought we should stop being nasty to Katrien and all the swearing and rude songs are out of order.....FFS!!!!

Ignorance is bliss.

Mind you, the silly f***** is especially keen coming from Manchester to see this stuff.

You can forget the teamsheets and entrance tickets from Austria, I'll pass them onto Henry Irving and the museum. I was standing next to the so called silly f*****, who happens to be a friend of mine. On a serious note this abuse of Charlton fans who happen to have a different view to yours is rather sad.
    Take it easy on him AA, he was crotchety yesterday because he walked into The Oak couldn't see anyone he knew and had to buy his own pint!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Airman tweeted attendance possibly lowest post was 1st team at the valley. Was it not about the same when Chinese national team played there?
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

I had a couple of clowns behind me who thought we should stop being nasty to Katrien and all the swearing and rude songs are out of order.....FFS!!!!

Ignorance is bliss.

Mind you, the silly f***** is especially keen coming from Manchester to see this stuff.

You can forget the teamsheets and entrance tickets from Austria, I'll pass them onto Henry Irving and the museum. I was standing next to the so called silly f*****, who happens to be a friend of mine. On a serious note this abuse of Charlton fans who happen to have a different view to yours is rather sad.
    Take it easy on him AA, he was crotchety yesterday because he walked into The Oak couldn't see anyone he knew and had to buy his own pint!
    I made sure it was a half as well.
  • Options

Stig said:

The analogy for me is that we’re spinning plates. We’re negotiating, there’s one or two that we would hope drop in the early part of the week as clubs make final decisions".

Sorry Russell, but It doesn't look as though you understand what spinning plates is all about.

He understands KM's version....
    KM's dream world:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3J-2UEPpPM

RS's reality:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAJHlGm2cA4
    That top plate spinner is very impressive.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Slade is setting himself up to leave already. He knows now that we are not going to be anything like ready to start the season, that any players coming in will have to find a way to fit into what passes laughably for a squad and that at best we are going to be mid-table fodder in a league full of established if not highly skilled teams who will rip our boys a new one on occasion and just make life bloody difficult when they can't do that. The way they play in L1 we are probably going to see some of our "best" and youngest players kicked up in the air on a regular basis - and I'm not sure how KAG and AL are going to cope with that.
  • Options

Airman tweeted attendance possibly lowest post was 1st team at the valley. Was it not about the same when Chinese national team played there?

Pisa in the Anglo Italian Cup a few days before Christmas was lower than yesterday
  • Options
    Not in the know but I still think that Pearce and the two Norwich loans will come in before Bury. After that it's anyone's guess if we sign anyone else. These three are the bare bare minimum.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Pisa in the Anglo Italian Cup a few days before Christmas was lower than yesterday
    Attendance of 1,452
  • Options
    At the valley?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2016

At the valley?

Yes 1993. I was one of the few to witness Mark Robson sent off
  • Options

Lowest i have seen at The Valley was Anglo-Italian Cup against Pisa on avery cold night 3 days before Christmas in 1993........1452 of us lost 0-3.
  • Options

Beyond depressing

I just want to look forward to a new season watching the club I love.

Sorry I am off to watch to Blackheath RFC, give me a shout when they have gone

Just a reminder to those considering that, the Club 1st XI are playing at Well Hall for next season...
  • Options

Beyond depressing

I just want to look forward to a new season watching the club I love.

Sorry I am off to watch to Blackheath RFC, give me a shout when they have gone

Just a reminder to those considering that, the Club 1st XI are playing at Well Hall for next season...
    Oh dear...

Poor old Blackheath are going to be in real trouble, if they're going to play a "1st XI" :wink:
  • Options
    A bit of visual to go along with the audio.Russell Slade does not look happy. Louis Mendez frames the questions well, which raises the concerns gently but allows Slade space to field the answer. Slade still makes more sense than Peeters, Luzon & Riga, even when not trying to give too much away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiZEH5paJDQ
  • Options
    seeing that video makes me doubt my thoughts that he will quit, he seems happy enough. obviously buying the BS from upstairs.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

seeing that video makes me doubt my thoughts that he will quit, he seems happy enough. obviously buying the BS from upstairs.

He won't see the season out.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Or it could just be he is confident of getting those signings he wants accross the line. I doubt he's happy with the timescales involved but perhaps he sees a squad he can work with developing.

• Options
    Embarrassing interview from a guy who obviously realises he's been sold a lie.
    We could have told you Russell, but please do the decent thing and walk away now.
    Then let's see what spin the lying bint puts on that.