Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC v Waalwijk match thread (FT 1-1, lost 4-3 on pens). - att: 1,626 (217 away).

Comments

• Options

Not seen Slades interview and won't bother. It's all a load of old bollocks. Even at his first interview when he said something along the lines of "I'll have a say in players that come in" I switched off. The bloke was duped. He may well have a say in the Ajose deal, but we know that Holmes and Novak were linked or in talks before he signed up to manage.

I'd like to say I feel sorry for him....but I don't. Anybody who manages this club under the current ownership is a fool.

Even the most optimistic of supporter must realise this club is only going one way. 6 days before the start of the season and were poncing about in the transfer market. Still at least the excuses are in place.

I'm in Manchester next weekend for a wedding and have a ticket for bury, but I seriously don't think I can be arsed to use it,

NOTHING will ever change for the better whilst the Belgians are in town.

Sounds like that you trying to get out buying the beers you promised!
    Nobody likes a welcher.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

"It's not a defeat"

Straight from the Mourinho textbook that one.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Off_it said:

"It's not a defeat"

Bit the bullit and watched the interview.

So if we lose on a penalty shoot out in a competition this season, we can expect to be in the next round. Penalty shoot outs obviously don't count in Russell's world. He's even lying himself now. If you can't beat them Russ....join them .
    Straight out of the Mourinho school of management.

Off_it said:

"It's not a defeat"

Straight from the Mourinho textbook that one.
    Great minds.
  • Options

Was there a naked beauty at the top of the West Stand that kept catching our Sladey's eye?

Or is he a swivel eyed loony?

A cheese reviewer
  • Options

Not seen Slades interview and won't bother. It's all a load of old bollocks. Even at his first interview when he said something along the lines of "I'll have a say in players that come in" I switched off. The bloke was duped. He may well have a say in the Ajose deal, but we know that Holmes and Novak were linked or in talks before he signed up to manage.

I'd like to say I feel sorry for him....but I don't. Anybody who manages this club under the current ownership is a fool.

Even the most optimistic of supporter must realise this club is only going one way. 6 days before the start of the season and were poncing about in the transfer market. Still at least the excuses are in place.

I'm in Manchester next weekend for a wedding and have a ticket for bury, but I seriously don't think I can be arsed to use it,

Nobody likes a welcher.
    A welcher!
  • Options

Question about Tex

He so clearly lied about the injury

What he meant to say was

"Yeh Louis I don't expect the lad to be a Charltom player come the end of the week"

I'll say it again. Tex is injured. He told me so.

If he's on his way out, why was he signing autographs with the rest of the players, after the game?
  • Options

Question about Tex

What he meant to say was

"Yeh Louis I don't expect the lad to be a Charltom player come the end of the week"

If he's on his way out, why was he signing autographs with the rest of the players, after the game?
    silly us, of course, if you are leaving then your writing hand suddenly packs up. What he should have said was 'sorry, I can't, I'm signing for FC Porto on Tuesday'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Question about Tex

What he meant to say was

Who?
  • Options

Nobody likes a welcher.
    A welcher!
    Arsenetatters, toddsrighthook and me.

I hope your pockets are deep amigo.
  • Options
    @The Red Robin
    That's your opinion

If you knew me you would not say that.
  • Options

Nobody likes a welcher.
    A welcher!

When did Todds right hook get involved? Or have I conveniently forgotten?
  • Options
    Tracey said:

@The Red Robin
    That's your opinion

Everyone on here appreciates what you're all up against at the mad house. It's just your boss isn't helping any of you.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Tracey said:

@The Red Robin
    That's your opinion

Tracey, fair play to you coming on here and actually stating facts with regards yesterday. When I walked past there was a large queue waiting to get in. Thank you and the players for organising the event which is great for the kids.

I'll second that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nobody likes a welcher.
    A welcher!

When did Todds right hook get involved? Or have I conveniently forgotten?
    Oh okay, all the more for arsenetatters and me.
  • Options

Nobody likes a welcher.
    A welcher!

My pockets are as deep as Roly's. And my arms just as short.
  • Options
    I was not aware of the meet and greet initiative until after the game, I am sure my son would be have been delighted to be involved.

How was the event publicised? I do not use Twitter, I occasionally visit the club official site...

Last couple of years I bought the season tickets but had them sent to the ex-wife's address, do I need to update my contact details with the club and if so anyone any ideas how?

We may not turn up to everything but it would be nice to know what is going on in case we are available as Roo still loves Charlton.
  • Options

Nobody likes a welcher.
    A welcher!

My pockets are as deep as Roly's. And my arms just as short.

Lol
  • Options
    Tracey said:

T said:

I think all the more embarrassing was the players meet and greet footage pushed out by the media team after the game. Genuinely more players that fans there by about 2:1

Still at least next season those that don't agree with the protests can sit there without being disturbed... By anyone.

Totally not true. Queues were out the door and it was a really successful and lovely time.
    Staff worked really hard to organise this event (including me who organises the Player Appearances) so please don't undermine the hard work we do and plan to continue doing this season.

Back you up all the way, Tracey.

A well organised event, all around.

And the players and manager willing to give time for photos and autographs to all. Kids seemed to be thoroughly excited by the whole thing.

Was that your old man I saw at the door as I was leaving? I should have got his autograph, too!
  • Options

Tracey said:

T said:

I think all the more embarrassing was the players meet and greet footage pushed out by the media team after the game. Genuinely more players that fans there by about 2:1

Still at least next season those that don't agree with the protests can sit there without being disturbed... By anyone.

Totally not true. Queues were out the door and it was a really successful and lovely time.
    Staff worked really hard to organise this event (including me who organises the Player Appearances) so please don't undermine the hard work we do and plan to continue doing this season.

Back you up all the way, Tracey.

A well organised event, all around.

And the players and manager willing to give time for photos and autographs to all. Kids seemed to be thoroughly excited by the whole thing.

Was that your old man I saw at the door as I was leaving? I should have got his autograph, too!
    Yes it was. Not the most sociable old man ;-)
  • Options

Tracey said:

Essex_Al said:

Tracey said:

@The Red Robin
    That's your opinion

Tracey, fair play to you coming on here and actually stating facts with regards yesterday. When I walked past there was a large queue waiting to get in. Thank you and the players for organising the event which is great for the kids.

Unfortunately, you have a large number on here that will take every opportunity to slag the club off whatever they do!
    Thank you. Means a lot. I always remember bringing my kids watching their Dad play and feeling what an amazing family club it was. All of us I am sure want to bring that feeling back again. We are working hard to do that.

:smile:
    Mmmmmm I think I like your sacarsm ;-)
    Made me laugh anyway :-)
  • Options

I wasn't there yesterday and won't in the near future because of KM but that doesn't mean that those who work for her are as bad as her. People like Tracey seem to be going the best they can and we shouldn't vilify them just because of their boss.
    Thanks Tracey

Agreed, but Tracey, remember this site is monitored by the club and someone might umbrage to you mixing with us rebellious types.