Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC v Waalwijk match thread (FT 1-1, lost 4-3 on pens). - att: 1,626 (217 away).

Comments

• Options

Had to stop watching that Slade interview half way through. He does half talk in some clichés doesn't he? Russell that is, not our Louis.

We're f***** aren't we? Quite depressing watching him speak and seeing The Valley in the background remembering some of the truly great times we've had there.

Roland Out. The sooner the better. Our club is dying a long and painful death with Duchatelet and Katrien Meire around.

I understand CARD's decision to postpone protests but if we get to the end of August and nothing has truly changed then we need to go hard and turn it up a gear.

I agree, and I think some on here put too much emphasis on press conferences. There's only so much he can say or will say. That said, if it comes to putting out a team on protest or being direct in a press conference, I'd rather he do the latter. But Arry Redknapp and his ilk always give good presses. But being good in a presser or giving good quotes isn't the same as being a good coach.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Had to stop watching that Slade interview half way through. He does half talk in some clichés doesn't he? Russell that is, not our Louis.

We're f***** aren't we? Quite depressing watching him speak and seeing The Valley in the background remembering some of the truly great times we've had there.

Roland Out. The sooner the better. Our club is dying a long and painful death with Duchatelet and Katrien Meire around.

I understand CARD's decision to postpone protests but if we get to the end of August and nothing has truly changed then we need to go hard and turn it up a gear.

I agree, and I think some on here put too much emphasis on press conferences. There's only so much he can say or will say. That said, if it comes to putting out a team on protest or being direct in a press conference, I'd rather he do the latter. But Arry Redknapp and his ilk always give good presses. But being good in a presser or giving good quotes isn't the same as being a good coach.
    Still so much better to have a native English speaker. I'd have hated to report any of his four predecessors' words. Mostly not their fault but a lot of what they said was hard to comprehend.
  • Options
    I thought he looked ok, no more, no less.
  • Options
    I reckon slade will be gone by the end of the month. He sounds like a dead man walking already.
  • Options
    Did I hear that right? We played for a draw to get the boys some experience of a penalty shootout in front of 12 people?

'Shit talking' of the highest order from Russell there. He has a touch of the Dowie's about him don't you think?

And so to another season of the most turgid stenching excrement known to man.

I f****** hate Belgians!
  • Options
    Someone else mentioned it (think we all have) but this football club is fucked. Any slight hope such as Holmes, Ajose and Novak is quickly put to bed with sheer incompetence. The saddest thing is that instead of looking forward to the new season i am wondering whether bad results will effect Roland selling. Regardless of whether you think its true or not it is very sad the football is almost irrelavant. We will probably get beat by Bury but it is a sorry state of affairs. Even if we win it won't be like a normal first day of the season win. Roland out.
  • Options
    Is it me or is anyone else shocked that 1409 charlton fans turned up? Far too many. Shows you how far we've fallen and how low our expectations are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beyond depressing

I just want to look forward to a new season watching the club I love.

Sorry I am off to watch to Blackheath RFC, give me a shout when they have gone
  • Options

I had a couple of clowns behind me who thought we should stop being nasty to Katrien and all the swearing and rude songs are out of order.....FFS!!!!

Ignorance is bliss.

Mind you, the silly f***** is especially keen coming from Manchester to see this stuff.

You can forget the teamsheets and entrance tickets from Austria, I'll pass them onto Henry Irving and the museum. I was standing next to the so called silly f*****, who happens to be a friend of mine. On a serious note this abuse of Charlton fans who happen to have a different view to yours is rather sad.
    Suit yourself.
  • Options
    FORD said:

Someone else mentioned it (think we all have) but this football club is fucked. Any slight hope such as Holmes, Ajose and Novak is quickly put to bed with sheer incompetence. The saddest thing is that instead of looking forward to the new season i am wondering whether bad results will effect Roland selling. Regardless of whether you think its true or not it is very sad the football is almost irrelavant. We will probably get beat by Bury but it is a sorry state of affairs. Even if we win it won't be like a normal first day of the season win. Roland out.

But what I find puzzling is why they even bothered with the first 3! It's a bit like saying you need to tarmac the whole of the M25 and then run out of money after the first mile so you patch it up with whatever you can find going free.

If you have a budget then surely you look to build a squad with that budget rather than blow it all on three players who will make little difference overall especially given our injury history. They seem to repeatedly blow large undisclosed sums of money on individual players and then rummage around in the rejects bin for the rest.

Is it just poor financial planning or is something else going on here?
    I don't think they care, i think Roland etc are happy to see how we do with the squad we have currently. We know it won't be enough to nearly mount a promotion challenge but we've all seen some of the decisions they have made. They have no plan, just see how we do and hope we do ok.
  • Options
    Fuck me that was a load of bollocks there from Slade.

• Options
    Andrew Crofts 77 appearances since 2012. No wonder he is rusty. The question is why the contract after a short inconsequential trial? Panic signing? Foley 21 games since 2014. Is he the answer?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I had a couple of clowns behind me who thought we should stop being nasty to Katrien and all the swearing and rude songs are out of order.....FFS!!!!

Ignorance is bliss.

Mind you, the silly f***** is especially keen coming from Manchester to see this stuff.

You can forget the teamsheets and entrance tickets from Austria, I'll pass them onto Henry Irving and the museum. I was standing next to the so called silly f*****, who happens to be a friend of mine. On a serious note this abuse of Charlton fans who happen to have a different view to yours is rather sad.
    Withdrawn.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So whilst others aim to be good out of the blocks, hit the ground running and are raring to go on the B of Bang we are spinning plates? We’re also looking towards the last day in August to maybe cobble a squad together that could be competitive. Given bedding in time, the best we can hope for is that our season starts in say late September.

Not so much lacking in business acumen as pure madness.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Browndog @S66Brown
    1409 Charlton supporters for the penultimate final pre-season friendly, I am genuinely shocked at that number.
    bellz2002 said:

Is it me or is anyone else shocked that 1409 charlton fans turned up? Far too many. Shows you how far we've fallen and how low our expectations are.

Agreed. I too am shocked by such a high attendance given our current sorry circumstances!
  • Options
    Last week slade seemed certain of 5 players comiing in before the Bury game but yesterday he changed that to by the end of August
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Big Russ needs to wake up and smell the coffee the regime are playing you big time my old fruit and Pinnlochio in particular is laughing behind your back.

According to Fox's Dad on here another exit expected this week, hinting at either Harriott or Lookman? Well that's how I read it (page 8) anyway.
  • Options
    If KAG ever has to take a penalty for us in anger, we'll know we really are down on our uppers.
  • Options

Stig said:

The analogy for me is that we’re spinning plates. We’re negotiating, there’s one or two that we would hope drop in the early part of the week as clubs make final decisions".

Sorry Russell, but It doesn't look as though you understand what spinning plates is all about.

He understands KM's version....
    KM's dream world:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3J-2UEPpPM

RS's reality:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAJHlGm2cA4
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I think the club maybe purposely pulling out of deals come crunch time, or purposely offering too little of anything, either fees or wages. We can't be that bad at signing players. It must be a lack of effort surely.

Roland's just gana be happy weve got a big chunk of personnel off the wage bill, in preparation for this league....he will want to keep it as close to that as possible.

I'm guessing he has probably told Russ to hold out till September just to see what happens with the current lot weve got. If it's not looking good, then we recruit on deadline day.

I feel a bit sorry for Chris Solly. He signed on the dotted line....then everyone f*cked off! And they haven't been replaced.

Guessing he got told a pack of lies aswell. I know Solly's Charlton through and through but everyone's got a breaking point.

So depressing.
  • Options
    There is no loan window. Rules have changed.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

There is no loan window. Rules have changed.

Fixed
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I think the club maybe purposely pulling out of deals come crunch time, or purposely offering too little of anything, either fees or wages. We can't be that bad at signing players. It must be a lack of effort surely.

Roland's just gana be happy weve got a big chunk of personnel off the wage bill, in preparation for this league....he will want to keep it as close to that as possible.

I'm guessing he has probably told Russ to hold out till September just to see what happens with the current lot weve got. If it's not looking good, then we recruit on deadline day.

I feel a bit sorry for Chris Solly. He signed on the dotted line....then everyone f*cked off! And they haven't been replaced.

Guessing he got told a lack of lies aswell. I know Solly's Charlton through and through but everyone's got a breaking point.

So depressing.

Think the Solly contract is more to do with his knee injury. Not sure he would pass a medical anywhere else.