Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• The Qatar handball team is basically made of world champions from other teams, they are paid 1m a year, which you can imagine is huge for a sport like handball.

Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi are paying huge amounts to naturalize Africans to play football for them as well.

Whilst theirs is state sponsored we have being doing it for years as well in the form of sponsorship you can get representing and winning for GB.

Theirs is just a bit more blatant.
  • Yeah I read last year that loads of Brazilian footballers have moved to Qatar so will be eligible to represent them when they host the 2022 world cup.

Maybe I should post this on the getting old thread as it makes my pics boil.
  • Yeah I read last year that loads of Brazilian footballers have moved to Qatar so will be eligible to represent them when they host the 2022 world cup.

Maybe I should post this on the getting old thread as it makes my pics boil.

Predicted this would happen though the moment Qatar were awarded the World Cup
  • Yesterday on the tennis they mentioned kei nisheikouri (spelling?) is the highest earning tennis player from endorsements. Apparently he earns $40m per year!! Amazing for a guy with limited (in a youn career) success. It shows how much the Asian market is worth.
  • Nice one
  • Brilliant from Max Whitlock. That's not even his strongest event!
  • Turning out to be Super Sunday. Congratulations Max.
  • Rose 1 up in golf now, 3 holes to play and Stenson has had treatment on his back a couple of holes ago
  • Redskin said:

As soppy as it sounds, I thought the 'sisterhood' shown by the heptathletes as they joined hands and raised them to the crowd at the finale of the competition was quite moving.
    Then they were hugging and kissing, and that was also moving in a different way and my thoughts debased the whole thing.

Go and wash your hands, that boy!
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Rose 1 up in golf now, 3 holes to play and Stenson has had treatment on his back a couple of holes ago

I backed him at 6-1 before it started, only a tenner but hoping for a good final hole here!
  • Watching the golf going down the 18th Stenson and Rose level, mobiles ringing cameras clicking and spectators picking up balls.

This event shouldn't be at the Olympics
  • It would be fine if the spectators weren't so clueless about what was going on. I mean who in their right mind picks up a golf ball after a shot?
  • Watching the golf going down the 18th Stenson and Rose level, mobiles ringing cameras clicking and spectators picking up balls.

Not a clue what that spectator was thinking picking the ball up!!

Or Brazilian spectaculars should not be at golf!

Or Brazilian spectaculars should not be at golf!
    Or even Brazilian mediocres for that matter!
  • Great shot from Rose.
  • Has a putt for GOLD.
  • Has 2 putts for GOLD.
  • Bogey from Stenson!
  • Sponsored links:

• In a way I feel for Stenson, if it was anyone other than a Brit he was up against, I'd be cheering him on hoping he'd win it
  • Come on Justin go do this now mate

Doesn't matter if the sport should be there or not

It is and team GB Justin rose wins it

Fucking get in
  • IN THE HOLE !!!!

Well deserved gold, young man !
  • sam3110 said:

In a way I feel for Stenson, if it was anyone other than a Brit he was up against, I'd be cheering him on hoping he'd win it

Same for Del Potro in the tennis.
  • Brilliant chip on the 18th from Rose that, well played Sir!!!
  • Great win
  • Very good score from Lewis on the pummel horse puts him in first place
  • Well that too me looked better than Lewis and max whitlock could be double Olympic champion here
  • Gold and silver surely!