Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• Watching the Hockey men is just like watching Charlton for frustration!

They even have a player called Fox to boo.

• A medal in bouncing.

Look forward to the jump rope finals and the step class championship later
  • Our cyclists are breaking records for fun now.
  • Love the Chinese cyclists helmet decoration. Ooh err ...
  • Our cyclists are breaking records for fun now.

Yup
  • Is there omnium in it this year? I like the elimination race.
  • LuckyReds said:

Now watching Fencing...

This isn't as awesome as I was hoping. I was expecting some Zorro shit, not The Salsa with a car antenna.

Is @razil in it?
  • Is there omnium in it this year? I like the elimination race.

On Sunday
  • edited August 2016
    Isn't that the one Mark Cavendish is hoping to finally get an Olympic medal in - think he feels rather left out.

Maybe a repeat of "Super Saturday" too?

• Sponsored links:

• That was some bike ride!

Well done GB!
  • Fantastic
  • Faaaaaaaaaaaaark that was close! Incredible ride by the Aussies as well. Shithouse!
  • What a final ...bloody superb
  • Nice to see a bit history in the making there.

Well done boys. Let's hope Wiggo and Cav can do the business now.
  • Absolutely chuffed with that. What a race.
  • Ed Clancy - 3 golds now and one of the most underrated GB athletes according to Sir Bradley. He hails from the village I now reside and comes back now and again to visit the kids in the local schools. A true sportsman - well done sir!
  • Nice to see a bit history in the making there.

Well done boys. Let's hope Wiggo and Cav can do the business now.

There's no Madison. It's just Cav in the Omnium
  • That was fantastic. Consummate professionals, unshakeable belief in their own ability. Love the way Wiggins says what they're going to do, and then watch them actually go out there and do it. Footballers look and learn.
  • Sponsored links:

• rina said:

that was by a long way the greatest women's distance race of all time. sub 30 in the 10,000m not getting a medal is ridiculous

Be interesting the times in 400m plus events. That time was too unreal to be true. What would happen if the track was found to be incorrect, 396m, for example?
  • I knew a geezer in Lewisham who could fence 400m in 12 hours. Is that a fencing record?
  • Brad Wiggins: Wins the TdF and starts his winner's speech with "I'm going to draw the raffle numbers". On becoming Road Time Trial World Champion, is asked by a journalist what's the first thing he did in the morning. "I have a wee". And, tonight, pulls a funny face during the National Dirge Anthem. Classic Wiggins. What a ride to win that final. Two World Records broken by the four tonight; the first, in the semi-final, beating a record hitherto held by GB. And the new record then broken in the final. A huge effort by the Aussies, who provided such admirable opposition. And to Ed, Owain, Steven and Bradley, the 2016 Olympic Champions: Chapeau!
  • edited August 2016
    First day of athletics, the morning session was reasonably well attended (2012 was pretty unique to have capacity crowds for mornings) but the stadium looks only about 1/4 full AT BEST. Top events tonight like women's Hep and 1500m heats plus Men's 400m heats to start things off but there's no bugger there! Very sad.
  • The Saffer there has ran sub 10 in 100m, sub 20 in 200m and sub 44 in 400m this year, crazy
  • First day of athletics, the morning session was reasonably well attended (2012 was pretty unique to have capacity crowds for mornings) but the stadium looks only about 1/4 full AT BEST. Top events tonight like women's Hep and 1500m heats plus Men's 400m heats to start things off but there's no bugger there! Very sad.

Yeah - London 2012 had a few problems with corporate tickets in the early days, but they got sorted. Rio hasn't seemed bothered - such a shame.

Fair play to Team GB and all out there, we're all living their joy and pain - just this second watched GB sprinter Martyn Rooney just blurt out "oh, I was a dick" on live TV after screwing up a heat. We've got the Premier League coming back this weekend, but the bullshit circus that surrounds it is going to look terrible compared with the honesty and humility of so many Olympic athletes.
  • Both GB heptathlon girls disappointing in the shot put.
    200m up next.
  • KJT wins the 200m.
  • Jess Ennis Hill 1st and KJT 4th after 4 events.
    800m, javelin and long jump tomorrow.
  • Another silver for Carlin in the swimming.