Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• You have to remember the GB rugby team haven't played together before May (ok most are the English 7s) where as every other team has been building for the last 2yrs.

Getting Silver is really the best they could hope. More impressive was getting there undefeated and the teams they beat on the way.
  • edited August 2016

We looked like we knew we were beaten before it even started. Put so much effort into our tight quarter and semi finals, that we looked totally gone by the time the final started. Fiji were immense though, although 7s is supposedly their national sport so not exactly unexpected.

Just waiting for Ireland and hurling to be allowed in.
  • has the rowing be cancelled for today?

Morning session postponed.
    The brothers took silver.
  • Gold in women's rowing pairs !!!!!!
  • Up to 4th in the medal table!
  • Mens 4s just got Gold!
  • Fantastic !!!!
  • Anyone watching the women's 10,000m? How quick is this Ethiopian?
  • that was by a long way the greatest women's distance race of all time. sub 30 in the 10,000m not getting a medal is ridiculous
  • Sponsored links:

• That rowing was brilliant. Love the mutual respect Redgrave has with the teams and coaches.
  • watched the judo thought that was a real low point the egyptian refusing to shake the isreali winners hand.
  • Jess' arsecheeks are too big for the high jump, all the other girls are rake thin, but as she's got the curves she's bumped into the bar
  • Williams the American girl has a decent sized arse too - also hit the bar
  • sam3110 said:

Jess' arsecheeks are too big for the high jump, all the other girls are rake thin, but as she's got the curves she's bumped into the bar

Aye, that was an awful last jump to match her 2012 height.
  • KJT smashing it

jess just done the same
  • The Canadian chicks tanlines are a bit distracting tbh.

KJT is incredible at the high jump
  • love jess nicest sports person i have ever had the pleasure of working with , really genuine nice honest person
  • sam3110 said:

The Canadian chicks tanlines are a bit distracting tbh.

when she puts on the t-shirt that's just long enough to cover her pants/shorts so all you can see is the tan line it looks like she's wearing nothing underneath. someone really should tell her
  • This high jump is unreal.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Challenges what he perceives to be racism on one thread, goes on to post a number of posts which could be perceived as sexist on another. Good work.
  • Some great competition going on but the games are being spoilt by the number of empty seats in the stadiums/arenas. Awarding future games should also be dependent on the host city filling the majority of seats or paying a fine.
  • DRAddick said:

sam3110 said:

Challenges what he perceives to be racism on one thread, goes on to post a number of posts which could be perceived as sexist on another. Good work.
    Of your can't beat em, join em right?

Not sure how commenting on tan lines are sexist though, especially as I made the exact same comment about some of the male gymnasts, and male golfers with their cap tanlines too, but hey whatever, you try to score those nonexistent points mate
  • Dressage: If that is a sport they should have dogs begging, sitting and rolling over too
  • Dressage: If that is a sport they should have dogs begging, sitting and rolling over too

I agree, but my wife thinks it's great.

Same as trampolining, how the fuck is this an Olympic sport!
  • stonemuse said:

Dressage: If that is a sport they should have dogs begging, sitting and rolling over too

I agree, but my wife thinks it's great.

Same as trampolining, how the fuck is this an Olympic sport!
    When netball isn't.
  • Callum Skinner must have had one of the shortest ever Olympic Records on record.

Well done boys.
  • Callum Skinner must have had one of the shortest ever Olympic Records on record.

Well done boys.

That was so good
  • edited August 2016
    Wtf is up with the skeet shooting firing stance? Resting on the hip?

--

Worst sport I've ever watched. But I was glued to it.

--

Oh fuck that. It's still going on. This makes no sense.
  • Wiggo and team look like definite gold ...incredible ride there for a world record