Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• adsads
    edited August 2016
    Women's beach volleyball bbc4 now, some right pervs in the crowd. Not a spare seat in the house, the Brazilians have turned out in their droves to appreciate the technical skills and have a good ogle, expect a full house at the women's Swedish football match next
  • Matt Hudson-Smith qualifies for the 400m Final after a fantastic final 100m in his heat ! And a PB to boot.

Well done , young man !
  • KJT just cannot throw and has now probably cost her a medal, of all the disciplines they do shot put and javelin should be the two Events that if you know your weaker pure coaching and practice will improve, yet she fell to pieces
  • BIG throw from Jess now.

Steve Backley saying that may have secured another Olympic title.

Fingers crossed.....
  • Bl**dy Belgians !

:wink:
  • Mo- BOT about to smash it.
  • Mo- BOT about to smash it.

Unbelievable Athlete.
  • Even with a tumble.
  • Trip him up and he still wins!

Farah retains his 10K title
  • Bl**dy Belgians !

:wink:

Sporting geniuses, they just don't do failure
  • Sponsored links:

• Silver for Jess
  • And her last it seems
  • "Russian doping whistleblower Yuliya Stepanova has had the account that shows details of her whereabouts hacked, the World Anti-Doping Agency has confirmed.

Stepanova is in hiding after helping to expose state-sponsored doping in Russia."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/37072843

"The couple, who left Russia after giving evidence, told the BBC last month that they "felt safe" in their new location"

Will they ever be safe? I doubt it. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we hear that she's mysteriously died in the next couple of years.

• Mo Farah - quite simply a legend. One of the greatest athletes of all time.
  • Gutted for KJT, throwing let her down, and silver for Jess is a brilliant result

but to get 5 personal bests in 7 events is incredible. Nafi Thiam deserved it.
    Only 21 as well, could dominate for years.
  • Gutted for KJT, throwing let her down, and silver for Jess is a brilliant result

but to get 5 personal bests in 7 events is incredible. Nafi Thiam deserved it.
    Only 21 as well, could dominate for years.

When I saw Thiam in the High Jump I had a feeling she was going to win gold, she was on fire for the whole two days.

We have to stop hyping KJT, she will not win anything when she is so weak in the throwing events, mentally she is also lacking a little (despite her good high jump), she can jump nealy 50cm's further in the long jump but in the last two championships in has cost her dearly. (3 fouls, and 3 sub par jumps)
  • She's only 23 though, still has plenty of time to improve. She basically needs to spend all her training time practising javelin and shot put
  • I still have high hopes for Morgan Lake, but injuries seem to have curtailed her the last couple of years, still she is only 19!
  • Jess certainly gave KJT encouragement by saying in their live interview "My throwing used to be terrible!" She got a rather black look in return...
  • mick hill completely changed jess's throwing. I'd love to see him do some work with kat
  • Sponsored links:

• KJT cannot afford to be so poor in two of the seven events. As NLA alluded to, it is hard to make you run much faster but she should be able to improve shot and javelin through technical training.
  • I think KJT should focus on one discipline not a multi disciplining

Give us one more tournament jess come back to London win the world championship

• How are these athletes allowed to switch countries and suddenly represent places like 'Bahrain'???
  • How are these athletes allowed to switch countries and suddenly represent places like 'Bahrain'???

Read something the other day that Qatar, I believe, have a team virtually entirely made up of non-Qataris.

If you ain't eligible or good enough to represent your own country, tough!

Makes a mockery of international competitions and makes me wanna vomit
  • Badminton on now; probably the only Olympic sport that I reckon I could compete in and win a medal in, with no training whatsoever
  • ...need to learn how to blow the ends of my fingers as good as they do, mind
  • Aaron cook now representing moldova from GB
  • edited August 2016
    clb74 said:

Aaron cook now representing moldova from GB

May aswell of joined ISIS
  • As soppy as it sounds, I thought the 'sisterhood' shown by the heptathletes as they joined hands and raised them to the crowd at the finale of the competition was quite moving.
    Then they were hugging and kissing, and that was also moving in a different way and my thoughts debased the whole thing.