Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• Ffs recorded athletics and swimming for the morning recording been cut short not happy this morning
  • rina said:

that was by a long way the greatest women's distance race of all time. sub 30 in the 10,000m not getting a medal is ridiculous

Be interesting the times in 400m plus events. That time was too unreal to be true. What would happen if the track was found to be incorrect, 396m, for example?
    Have a word with yourself, that's a bit shortish.
  • Nice to see a bit history in the making there.

Well done boys. Let's hope Wiggo and Cav can do the business now.

There's no Madison. It's just Cav in the Omnium
    Yep, you're right Leroy, I'm living in the past again. Let's hope he gets a medal, he deserves one.

• Jess Ennis Hill 1st and KJT 4th after 4 events.
    800m, javelin and long jump tomorrow.

Hopefully KJT will put in a strong showing. I'd love a GB gold/silver in this, would be immense
  • Watched the golf, my god how bad are the BBC commentators. If you are going to cover the sport at least get people who know what they are talking about.

Had to turn it off in the end they were so bad
  • Watched the golf, my god how bad are the BBC commentators. If you are going to cover the sport at least get people who know what they are talking about.

It seems to me that the BBC have drasticallly chopped their budget for this olympics and are using the cheaper 'talent' thats already on their books. This is how you wind up with half-dressed Blue Peter presenters and cricket commentators doing show jumping. Its generally an all round shoddy effort this games
  • Missed It said:

Watched the golf, my god how bad are the BBC commentators. If you are going to cover the sport at least get people who know what they are talking about.

It seems to me that the BBC have drasticallly chopped their budget for this olympics and are using the cheaper 'talent' thats already on their books. This is how you wind up with half-dressed Blue Peter presenters and cricket commentators doing show jumping. Its generally an all round shoddy effort this games
    Bit more expensive sending people to Rio than to London!

To be fair I didn't have any issues with the half dressed Blue Peter presenter.

• To be fair I didn't have any issues with the half dressed Blue Peter presenter.

nor me. plus I think she actually does a good job. she doesn't commentate, she's there as a presenter which she does well with 2 ex swimmers to provide the actual knowledge

Bought a second hand TV. It was only £10 but the volume button didnt work.
    But at that price, I couldn't turn it down.
  • Dunno about the golf, but a lot of the commentary you'll hear on the BBC - particularly on the red button/ streams - will be from Olympic Broadcasting Services. Seems particularly noticeable this year compared with 2012, probably due to cutbacks.
  • Sponsored links:

Bob Monkhouse, Bradford Alhambra 1989 - Plagerist!

I've no issue with the commentary, only the constant switching of channels to ensure people get their daily dose of the Eastend Slaaaaags!!

• Pernilla Blume is an absolute sort. Danish 50m Freestyle swimmer.
  • Agree with that mate
  • "Russian doping whistleblower Yuliya Stepanova has had the account that shows details of her whereabouts hacked, the World Anti-Doping Agency has confirmed.

Stepanova is in hiding after helping to expose state-sponsored doping in Russia."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/37072843

You say that like it's a bad thing!

And for the pedants it's plagiarist
  • Darya Klishina, the only Russian who was to have competed in the athletics (she's US based) has now been banned as well

A shame as she's a sort talented athlete

• "Russian doping whistleblower Yuliya Stepanova has had the account that shows details of her whereabouts hacked, the World Anti-Doping Agency has confirmed.

Stepanova is in hiding after helping to expose state-sponsored doping in Russia."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/37072843

You can't hide from vlad

Wada won't be able to provide any where near the assistance you'd need,

Stupid to think they could
  • Another gold and WR for the women on the cycling track
  • Great cycling again tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• And a silver for Becky James.

Fair enough Arthur, my old headmaster always said I couldn't smell.
  • Russian in fast finish shocker
  • Shit that was close, well done Jason

Fair enough Arthur, my old headmaster always said I couldn't smell.
    Tommy Trinder, 1921 ?
  • Hoping for the all British final, would be exciting.
  • Hoping for the all British final, would be exciting.

Yes!!

Guaranteed the gold and silver.
  • Oh yes, gold and silver definite tomorrow
  • Brilliant. We have absolutely dominated.
  • Congratulations to our victorious ladies' pursuit team - another World Record- , to Becky James for her resolve and belief and to JK and CS for securing an all-GB final in tomorrow's sprint.
    'Chapeau' to them all.