Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• 3-0

Two penalties

Our players dropping like flies.
  • There's some tough cookies in the GB hockey team. They're certainly keeping the medical team busy.
  • These girls are hard as nails
  • Great game of hockey this.
  • " Hockey's coming home" being sung by the Brits !
  • I accidentally ended up on the BBC + 48 channel and found out we lost the final 3-1 to Netherlands
  • Netherlands waiting in the final after beating the Germans in a penalty shoot out!

Can we get gold?

Hope the injuries aren't too serious.
  • Incredible. Go on the girls!
  • These warriors would demand to play in the final if they were half dead, Len.

Bless 'em !
  • Sponsored links:

• Gladly watching on the red button. Outrageous they change channel with 5 mins to go but over ran for an hour last night.
  • Well done ladies! At least a silver!
  • Only downside to the hockey was the commentary. With every single pass, tackle and shot their full name was given by the commentator. Rather than just the surname. For the entire match.
    And let me tell you, when you notice it happening in the first 5 minutes the next hour gets more and more bloody annoying.

But well done ladies. Fantastic display, so tough some of them playing through the injuries.
  • Not a fan of basketball, but USA v Argentina is on right now.

Against most opposition, you'd expect the US to win. But, in a sport where the object is to use your hands to put the ball in the net, Argentina must be in with a chance.
  • Only downside to the hockey was the commentary. With every single pass, tackle and shot their full name was given by the commentator. Rather than just the surname. For the entire match.
    And let me tell you, when you notice it happening in the first 5 minutes the next hour gets more and more bloody annoying.

But well done ladies. Fantastic display, so tough some of them playing through the injuries.

Thanks for bringing it to all our attentions then.
  • LenGlover said:

Netherlands waiting in the final after beating the Germans in a penalty shoot out!

Can we get gold?

Hope the injuries aren't too serious.

Clearly Hockey operates in a different universe to Football!
  • What I find strange is that Basketball had its lottery funding scraped because it didnt get anywhere at the 2012 Olympics...

In that case why hasnt Football had its funding cut too, we're getting no where in the Major Tournaments (no different to Basketball) and until the FA can prove that they can show results of where the money is going in Football then why continue to fund the sport!!

Football have its funding cut by who? I don't think you've thought that through mate.

The FA is a self-protection cartel. They ain't gonna piss on their own bonfire.
  • edited August 2016

What I find strange is that Basketball had its lottery funding scraped because it didnt get anywhere at the 2012 Olympics...

In that case why hasnt Football had its funding cut too, we're getting no where in the Major Tournaments (no different to Basketball) and until the FA can prove that they can show results of where the money is going in Football then why continue to fund the sport!!

Because Football isn't National Lottery funded....

EDIT. As Off it basically says above!!
  • Gemili through to the 200m final, Gatlin out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Have the brownlee boys had their race yet
  • Just finished the swim and starting the cycling. One set up in badminton bronze match, but think the Chinese look better.
  • Have the brownlee boys had their race yet

On now mate
  • English Gardener - US relay runner? have I heard that right?
  • edited August 2016
    Badminton bronze.

(That's my fake tan colour).
  • Bronze in the Badminton. Well played lads.
  • Bronze in the Badminton. Well played lads.

Shows what I know.
  • Not even ranked in the top 20. Well done lads!
  • English Gardener - US relay runner? have I heard that right?

Yup. Laughed at that the other night, great name!

Brownlee's off to a good start.