Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• Sports personality could be a bit competitive this year...

Especially with Murray winning Wimbledon.
  • Hope I'm still around in twenty years or so. Can you imagine the offspring of Kenny and Trott?
  • Silver for Laugher in diving
  • Just beaten into silver by the chinese
  • I've just woken up the street shouting!

Err, too much info there. Still, nice to know you were enjoying yourself!
  • Hope I'm still around in twenty years or so. Can you imagine the offspring of Kenny and Trott?

The fastest bike courier in London!
  • Off_it said:

Wow, anyone see the Russian in the diving? Thought it was Peter Kay!

So funny!
  • Sponsored links:

• I've run out of superlatives for the GB cycling track squad. Hats off! Chhhhhhhhaaaaaapeaaaaaaau!
  • It's great to see the 'stars' get medals, but what has really made me smile is the lesser names really stepping up and performing.
  • Not impossible to believe that Trott could still go to 2 more Olympics, (although i think she'll quit after Tokyo). Will be absolutely miles clear out on her own with the number of Golds won. As will Kenny if he stays on for Tokyo as well.
  • How long till our flops at the Euros get compared to these winners?

Maybe its already happened..

Does show what can happen if money is spent wisely but then they probably don't have greedy agents and the like in the Olympics!
  • Head of Irish and European IOC arrested for illegal ticket sales.
  • Salad said:

Head of Irish and European IOC arrested for illegal ticket sales.

there were ticket sales?

that was my reaction. he's probably single handedly sold more tickets than the brazilians
  • Sponsored links:

No, straight race between Rooney and Hart.
  • cabbles said:

How long till our flops at the Euros get compared to these winners?

Maybe its already happened..

Does show what can happen if money is spent wisely but then they probably don't have greedy agents and the like in the Olympics!

I've already had a heated debate with one of my friends. My take is that England footballers and English football is a diagrace and continues to be a stain on our great nation. They are an embarrassment. I take no other line on it, nor do I afford them any flexibility in that view.

We've heard what these athletes sacrifice for their medals. I don't think the modern English footballer works hard enough or sacrifices what it takes to be winners.

The FA aren't fit for purpose. We've sacrificed our national game for the greed and pollution of Premier league money. It will never change unless we deconstruct the whole thing and turn the tide against the current trend set up.

I honestly couldn't give a shit about the England football team anymore. I'm pleased Sam got the job because I believe he can give them the kick up the arse they need. I was delighted guardiola slapped hart down and wants rid of him. Hopefully a wake up call. He's just got away with no accountability over the last few years, same for Rooney. No one to answer too since Ferguson. And it shows.

When you compare Hoy, Wiggins, Redgrave, Trott, Kenny, Farah and so many others to Wayne Rooney's all time goal scorer record. Come on, Rooney should hang his head in shame

I honestly hate English football that much at the moment. It's exacerbated by how well team GB have done
    Brilliant post ...fully reflects how I feel.
  • What I find strange is that Basketball had its lottery funding scraped because it didnt get anywhere at the 2012 Olympics...

In that case why hasnt Football had its funding cut too, we're getting no where in the Major Tournaments (no different to Basketball) and until the FA can prove that they can show results of where the money is going in Football then why continue to fund the sport!!
  • One thing that baffles me is the hype that Tom Daley continues to get, he's still the most well known Diver yet on the Olympic stage hasnt really done much.

On the other hand you've got the guy (Josh Laugher?) who has just won Olympic gold and still the BBC continue to overshadow him by reminding us that weve got Daley to look forward to in a few days... When why, yes he was very highly rated as a 13-year old but he hasnt reached his potential (Sadly losing his Father hasnt helped probably)

Yet its like saying that Sonny Pike was the greatest Footballer at 13-years old and that if there was a Masters Event in years to come with both him and Messi in attendance, it should be Pike who is the main attraction.

Or is it me just being harsh towards Diving, in which case I apologise for my mini rant
  • Further to that, just watching the interview with Trott and Kenny. Understated and done with humility. It's ingrained into their culture.
  • One thing that baffles me is the hype that Tom Daley continues to get, he's still the most well known Diver yet on the Olympic stage hasnt really done much.

On the other hand you've got the guy (Josh Laugher?) who has just won Olympic gold and still the BBC continue to overshadow him by reminding us that weve got Daley to look forward to in a few days... When why, yes he was very highly rated as a 13-year old but he hasnt reached his potential (Sadly losing his Father hasnt helped probably)

Yet its like saying that Sonny Pike was the greatest Footballer at 13-years old and that if there was a Masters Event in years to come with both him and Messi in attendance, it should be Pike who is the main attraction.

Or is it me just being harsh towards Diving, in which case I apologise for my mini rant

I suspect that Laugher and the other divers are probably quite happy to have a "superstar" in their ranks to take the media spotlight off them
  • edited August 2016

One thing that baffles me is the hype that Tom Daley continues to get, he's still the most well known Diver yet on the Olympic stage hasnt really done much.

Bloody underachievers.
    Has only won:

olympics
    3 bronzes

Worlds
    2 golds
    1 bronze

Europeans
    4 gold
    2 silver

Commonwealth
    3 gold
    1 silver

• 2-0 up in the hockey with 12 minutes left. A tough, physical battle out there!