Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• Options

We have carried on from London 2012 and the feel good factor is amazing.

One question thou ?

what has happened to all that bad news that was on the news every day;
    Is their a truce or has it just been relegated to the middle pages ?

Theresa May is on holiday so all that political stuff is on hold. Or maybe we are just better off without anyone running the country? Who knows?

It's interesting that most nights since the Olympics started, the BBC news at 10 has opened with it, except tonight. Shocking pictures from Syria. Brings you back down to earth with a horrible crash. I don't mean to put a dampener on what has been a great thread, but does put it back into perspective some what
  • Options
    All the South Eastern High speed trains (Javelins) are named after Olympians from 2012. Coming back from Canterbury tonight after the cricket, it was rather appropriate that my train was named after Alastair Brownlee, who retained his gold medal today!
  • Options
    Taekwondo gold for Jade!
  • Options
    Jade Jones gold in taekwando. Smashed the Spaniard in final round
  • Options
    Got to laugh, Bolt absolutely destroys the field to win yet another gold medal, then afterwards looked a bit upset and said he wished he'd run faster!

Only 4 men have ever won the 100/200 Olympic double. He's done in 3 times in a row!
  • Options
    Cook out the tae kwan doo mo through
  • Options
    The boyfriend of the German woman Beach volleyball gold medalist,
    wondered what was in it for him after watching her win match after match ?

SAND.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

They think it's all over Moldova.
    It is now.
  • Options
    Just watched a bit of the Women's Hockey Bronze medal play off between Germany and New Zealand.
    For a good five minutes I had the teams mixed up because Germany were in All Black and New Zealand were in white. Why did they do that? Surely NZ in black and Deutschland in white should be the first choice?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

You speaking Chinese?
  • Options
    Just been sent a few questionable pictures and a video of the Argentinian women's hockey team... Would not say no to a few of em!
  • Options

Just watched a bit of the Women's Hockey Bronze medal play off between Germany and New Zealand.
    For a good five minutes I had the teams mixed up because Germany were in All Black and New Zealand were in white. Why did they do that? Surely NZ in black and Deutschland in white should be the first choice?

Some team colour choices have been weird this olympics. Canada wearing bright turquoise in cycling for instance, or the neon colour Japan are wearing in track and field.

I must say the sheer amount of navy in the British kit is disappointing, i prefer it when it's mostly white
  • Options
    Oh yes? I'm guessing that is not shareable here....

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Why have they only given joe Joyce a bronze have I missed a bout did he get beat?? I reckon have backed him for gold
  • Options

clb74 said:

You speaking Chinese?
    Sort of cook out British bloke through
  • Options

Why have they only given joe Joyce a bronze have I missed a bout did he get beat?? I reckon have backed him for gold

Is he not fighting later in semis
  • Options

If you mean the links Callum has posted they are just projections of what medals us and China will win from now on by some company so you haven't missed anything.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Is he not fighting later in semis
    That would make life difficult for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone see the guy who 'did a Lineker' in the walking race?

Thought you weren't supposed to trot.

Stupid event anyway. Just run you weird waddlers.
  • Options

Oh yes? I'm guessing that is not shareable here....

Definitely not
  • Options

Fiiish said:

We already overtook China in the Gold medals but we now equal them in total medals. Incredible stuff considering the relative difference in both population and wealth.

The way we've progressed since Atlanta '96 we'll be catching the United States for Gold Medals in a few years time!!
    That's never going to happen. More like, can Britain keep up at this pace?
  • Options
    What the fuck is this modern pentathlon all about?
  • Options
    We will be found out by Russia that we too have a mouse hole and are bang on the doping
  • Options
    Been watching the BMX over the last few days and someone needs to have a word with the Swiss bloke: Graff.

Just crashed for the THIRD time this time in the Semi Finals!!
  • Options
    Thank God for that go on joe Joyce
  • Options
    Cmon
  • Options
    Ýèeeeefssss
  • Options
    Showjumping gold for Nick Skelton