Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• Options
    How close was that it's a great Spectacle
  • Options
    What has happened to Tom Daley - doesn't make the final after finishing last in the semi final?
  • Options

What has happened to Tom Daley - doesn't make the final after finishing last in the semi final?

To busy laughing on McDonalds adverts at some bird who does dancing
  • Options
    At least he has a good tan though. Well bronzed.
  • Options

Bizarre after looking so good yesterday
  • Options
    Gold for Nicola Adams
  • Options
    Chuffed for Adams, great stuff!
  • Options
    One of the real highlights for me was the hockey girls celebrating their victory. You could really see how much it meant to them.
  • Options
    Just seen that Lutalo Muhammad interview - felt so sorry for him.

They should have given him a minute or two as well before carrying on the interview.
  • Options

Just seen that Lutalo Muhammad interview - felt so sorry for him.

They should have given him a minute or two as well before carrying on the interview.

Thought his coach should have been by his side. Anyway, much calmer today and comes across as a really sound guy. He's more famous for losing than if he'd won gold, I reckon. On to Tokyo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the flip side, can you imagine how good the Ivory Coast guy felt getting a last second winner for a gold medal?
  • Options

On the flip side, can you imagine how good the Ivory Coast guy felt getting a last second winner for a gold medal?

It was there first ever Gold medal too.
  • Options
    Brilliant free kick by Neymar in the Olympic Final. But they are also defending like a Sunday League team at times. Proper atmosphere in the Maracana. Great stuff.
  • Options
    The Germans have hit the woodwork three times now. The Brazilian defence is shutting its eyes and hoping for the best at Set Plays.
  • Options
    An enjoyable diving 10m final, It's satisfying that after a week of watching various diving events, I can now judge dives reasonably accurately :smile:
  • Options
    Germany equalised
  • Options

An enjoyable diving 10m final, It's satisfying that after a week of watching various diving events, I can now judge dives reasonably accurately :smile:

Sussed that 10m is easier to judge than 3m because it's more obvious on entry. Oo la la.
  • Options
    The Chinese have really struggled with there being no roof on the pool, i can't believe they ran out of money and time to build a bloody roof
  • Options

Sussed that 10m is easier to judge than 3m because it's more obvious on entry. Oo la la.
    You want a nice clean and straight entry, with no splashbacks. The pressure of being judged can affect performance though
  • Options
    The Brazilian team may have reached the final, but there's nothing there to suggest Brazil have a new generation of players to bring back the "Brazilian glory days"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Penalties. I hope the Germans melt, but I fear the Brazilian players may find the pressure too much.
  • Options
    Fantastic. Pleased for the Brazilian people after the World Cup humiliation.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Fantastic. Pleased for the Brazilian people after the World Cup humiliation.

Pleased they won it, as it's the one the Brazilians wanted

Of course, in the wider picture the Olympic Gold doesn't really mean anything (imagine if Germany had picked Muller or Ozil as one of their overage players), but for the country it was massively important
  • Options
    That pen shouldn't have counted he stops not even a stagger
  • Options

That pen shouldn't have counted he stops not even a stagger

The ref maybe thought the same - heard him vainly blowing his whistle after the pen but by then all jubilation was let loose. Never mind.
  • Options
    1500m like keirin. Perhaps all multi lap races should follow a moped til last 400.
  • Options
    Mo time is upon us come on you skinny bald fecka bring home the gold sunshine I ain't waited up for nothing
  • Options
    So will he hit the deck again no doubt ”bumped’ by a competitor looking for room due to the slow pace?
  • Options
    They started off fast 3.5 laps to go mo controlling the race
  • Options
    Mo time gold gold gold gold