Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• Options
    Done it again.
  • Options
    Mo does it again!
  • Options
    He is a machine so much pleasure in watching him win
  • Options
    Get in Mo! That was brilliant!
  • Options
    Farah Four Set.

(OK, nicked from Twitter)
  • Options
    Such a privilege to watch when history is made mo Farah, Usain bolt Michael Phelps I just don't think they will be replicated or ever matched Again

That's legends of sport you have been privileged to witness

I hope mo and Usain are both fit and competing in London next year
  • Options
    edited August 2016

An enjoyable diving 10m final, It's satisfying that after a week of watching various diving events, I can now judge dives reasonably accurately :smile:

Sussed that 10m is easier to judge than 3m because it's more obvious on entry. Oo la la.
    You want a nice clean and straight entry, with no splashbacks. The pressure of being judged can affect performance though
    You're on about muff diving right?
  • Options
    Blimey, if there's any justice her Maj is going to get RSI with all that sword wielding and gong giving. Arise Sir Mo at the very least!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    We need to bestow every honour we can on the bloke. I think they could invent one (it goes without saying he should be Sir Mo). It totally devalues the honours system if he doesn't get it. But I was thinking a special sporting award for a lifetime of achievement supporting our country in their sport. Almost like creating a hall of fame with a new name every year.

In terms of success - there is serious money behind it all thanks to the lottery. But there is a controversial way the money is targeted which nobody can argue brings success. I'd like to see even more money go in. I think the lottery could be promoted better on the back of the Olympics making Olympic success almost as big a deal as winning money yourself. So when you lose you haven't lost. If this gets more people to buy their tickets, all additional income should go to the Olympics. That doesn't mean taking money away from current other good causes, but additional money goes to our next push.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Johnson-Thompson's heptathlon high jump result was better than the high jump gold medal winner's one!
  • Options

Johnson-Thompson's heptathlon high jump result was better than the high jump gold medal winner's one!

Yes, the high jump final was extraordinarily poor, one of those events where the rest of the field will be tormented that they didn't managed the one decent jump which would have earned a gold medal!
  • Options
    I love Mo Farah
  • Options
    It has taken a full bibs and braces assessment on what was failing, stuffy old bastrds corrupt on freebies and power, we're removed abd replaced with forward thinking, progressive people who work together, they make hard decisions like reducing funding in sports that fail to hit the targets set, however this drives the athletes to over achieve and to not accept failure, there's no everyone wins,

those being good enough naturally to be spotted and then have the ability to excel, this releases the sport to the masses amd more people can be scouted

Where as football takes anyone with a miniscule amount of talent early and then ruins them by saturating the market and hoarding the pool of kids they pick up.then spit out once it's realised they are not able to be elite,

Football is such a gravy train the old gits and corrupt bstds won't ever leave the troff

If more kids used their athletic ability instead of the lure Iof football and money for a career in sport we could lead in many more sports that we currently don't,

Hopefully another successful Olympics like we have had in Beijing, London and now Rio we will slowly turn kids to be driven by success to achieve wealth, we will not though change parents seeing the golden ticket and that's the biggest hurdle, but I can see kids influencing the parents to allow them to follow gold medals not coins
  • Options
    What's the point in leading in all the sports? What does it ultimately mean?
  • Options
    edited August 2016

It has taken a full bibs and braces assessment on what was failing, stuffy old bastrds corrupt on freebies and power, we're removed abd replaced with forward thinking, progressive people who work together, they make hard decisions like reducing funding in sports that fail to hit the targets set, however this drives the athletes to over achieve and to not accept failure, there's no everyone wins,

those being good enough naturally to be spotted and then have the ability to excel, this releases the sport to the masses amd more people can be scouted

Where as football takes anyone with a miniscule amount of talent early and then ruins them by saturating the market and hoarding the pool of kids they pick up.then spit out once it's realised they are not able to be elite,

Football is such a gravy train the old gits and corrupt bstds won't ever leave the troff

If more kids used their athletic ability instead of the lure Iof football and money for a career in sport we could lead in many more sports that we currently don't,

Hopefully another successful Olympics like we have had in Beijing, London and now Rio we will slowly turn kids to be driven by success to achieve wealth, we will not though change parents seeing the golden ticket and that's the biggest hurdle, but I can see kids influencing the parents to allow them to follow gold medals not coins

This, this and this again. These sports can't afford to be run like football as they are dependant on the money the state allocates to them. Football isn't so the gravy train blazer squad poorly manage our game but are not accountable. I mean some people should lose their jobs over appointing Hodgson for 3 disasterous tournaments alone.

I think swimming needs a shake up - they had their best ever games but were rubbish.
  • Options
    Cav was on the Sunday Brunch programme this morning. Typically didn't pull any punches. Said the food was awful, lifts in the hotel often not working. Also the cycling teams had to befriend security to get their bikes in the stadium. They went to the car entrance first, told to go to pedestrian entrance and kept getting sent back between the both. Amateur hour.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Cav was on the Sunday Brunch programme this morning. Typically didn't pull any punches. Said the food was awful, lifts in the hotel often not working. Also the cycling teams had to befriend security to get their bikes in the stadium. They went to the car entrance first, told to go to pedestrian entrance and kept getting sent back between the both. Amateur hour.

Apparently McDonalds has been doing a roaring business from competitors (after their events) as the food in the Village isn't good...
  • Options
    Leuth said:

What's the point in leading in all the sports? What does it ultimately mean?

You end up with a lot of precious metal ?
  • Options
    What is the point of winning full stop!? I think most football fans ought to know the answer to that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If English football was as receptive to change and using the best coaching methods available at any given time and not pretending to know it all then we would achieve far more
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    What does it matter to Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal if England is strong? So if it doesn't matter to them, it is down to teh authorities to do something, but they just look at money and lick the backsides of these clubs. They can afford to pay a senile old fool like Hodgson more than any other manager in the Euros. He was a good manager once but three consecutive failures and they don't notice! They have more money than they need but less power! The solution will only come when genuine people with the right ideas want to find it at any cost and if Chelsea or Man Utd don't like it - tough!
  • Options
    Winning is everything failing is nothing

1st is what it's about ultimately no one enters a race or event to not win

They have trained ro quality once qualification is achieved you train to win
  • Options
    Legacy we may have fucked the stadium but we have bossed the legacy of the inspire promise
  • Options

Winning is everything failing is nothing

1st is what it's about ultimately no one enters a race or event to not win

They have trained ro quality once qualification is achieved you train to win

I think that's exactly the sort of mentality that sets them apart. i don't mind if I see a team GB Olympian fail, because I know they've given up their life to get that far, they've given everything
  • Options

What does it matter to Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal if England is strong? So if it doesn't matter to them, it is down to teh authorities to do something, but they just look at money and lick the backsides of these clubs. They can afford to pay a senile old fool like Hodgson more than any other manager in the Euros. He was a good manager once but three consecutive failures and they don't notice! They have more money than they need but less power! The solution will only come when genuine people with the right ideas want to find it at any cost and if Chelsea or Man Utd don't like it - tough!

And the joke for someone like Arsenal is, that deluded club have convinced themselves that a couple of FA cups and qualifying for the CL since the dawn of time is winning. I can't fathom how that is acceptable.

• Options
    Interesting scoring again in the boxing
  • Options
    Thought Joyce had that.
  • Options
    Joe Joyce hard done by there.