Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• Options
    A slightly odd verdict
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    A bit of a ridiculous decision really! I suppose it is what the judges are looking for. Another set of judges and Joyce wins easily!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    That's a joke.

Joyce won that ?
  • Options
    Very hard done by. Seems like a nice lad.

The lad that won it was a complete bell end.

Zero grace
  • Options
    Joyce certainly throwing more of the punches. Don't claim to be a boxing expert but it just looked like the French fella was defending himself 50% of the time.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Very hard done by. Seems like a nice lad.

The lad that won it was a complete bell end.

Zero grace

He's French
  • Options

Joyce certainly throwing more of the punches. Don't claim to be a boxing expert but it just looked like the French fella was defending himself 50% of the time.

Anthony Joshua would agree with that !

• Options
    Odd isn't the right word it's Fucking robbery
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Olympic boxing is the only boxing I watch - (I find the bullshit surrounding professional boxing so boring) - But even this fight pissed me off, purely because of the French blokes fucking disrespect to Joyce during the fight, doing an Ali shuffle and pulling faces. Not exactly the Olympic Spirit is it?
    No doubt he'll go off and become a pro and make a ton of money, all the while baiting his opponents and slagging them off in press conferences because that sells. Prick.
    Why can't boxers just fight?
  • Options

Olympic boxing is the only boxing I watch - (I find the bullshit surrounding professional boxing so boring) - But even this fight pissed me off, purely because of the French blokes fucking disrespect to Joyce during the fight, doing an Ali shuffle and pulling faces. No doubt he'll go off and become a pro and make a ton of money, all the while baiting his opponents and slagging them off in press conferences because that sells. Prick.

If Joyce meets him in the Pros, he'd knock him out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    To be honest I felt Nicola Adams may have benefited slightly in her final round due to her reputation. I felt she edged the fight overall though. The French bloke was world champion so maybe that was a factor. Shouldn't have been but human beings aren't perfect. If you had 100 judges, Joyce would have won!
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Olympic boxing is the only boxing I watch - (I find the bullshit surrounding professional boxing so boring) - But even this fight pissed me off, purely because of the French blokes fucking disrespect to Joyce during the fight, doing an Ali shuffle and pulling faces. Not exactly the Olympic Spirit is it?
    No doubt he'll go off and become a pro and make a ton of money, all the while baiting his opponents and slagging them off in press conferences because that sells. Prick.

Would have been nice if Joyce had knit one on him as he poked his tongue out the cheeky fecker.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Olympic boxing is the only boxing I watch - (I find the bullshit surrounding professional boxing so boring) - But even this fight pissed me off, purely because of the French blokes fucking disrespect to Joyce during the fight, doing an Ali shuffle and pulling faces. No doubt he'll go off and become a pro and make a ton of money, all the while baiting his opponents and slagging them off in press conferences because that sells. Prick.

I hope he does. And when the prick's on the floor I hope Joyce gives him the old 'wanker' sign.
  • Options
    Why did they stop the points being scored for each hit being shown on the scoreboard?

Travesty!
  • Options
    On a comedown already least the wife's happy got midnight winter murders on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Kate Richardson Walsh to be our flag bearer at the closing ceremony. Can't begrudge her that - the hockey was an unexpected highlight and all the girls are the best, but I do think it should have been Mo. If a hockey girl - surely Maddie Hinch!
  • Options
    Missing it already.
  • Options
    Putting team GB aside, was this the greatest games ever in terms of achievements

Bolt
    Phelps
    Biles
    The 400m record and that South African (sorry don't know his name)

I'm putting this across as a relatively younger viewer, so would welcome some thoughts from the older posters
  • Options
    The Olympics rather fizzles out on its final day
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

I hope he does. And when the prick's on the floor I hope Joyce gives him the old 'wanker' sign.
    He hides behind his defence and throws out the jab to score points, which is what scores points with the amatuer judges, even the judges who aren't bent, as most of them seem to be. In the pros he will need to come to fight. He doesn't have the tools. I'll be surprised if he turns pro. A promoter in France may take him on, but the big markets are in the UK & Germany and a Frenchman is not going to be a big draw. HIs style ain't going to sell tickets. Whereas Joyce has the style and power to follow Joshua, and will sell tickets.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes they did. All of them. Feeling very proud of them tonight!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Semenya? ;)

No, that run was something special.
  • Options
    Max whitlock for me bossed it

• Options
    Each and every one of them has done their country proud. It must be an impossible job to pick the flag bearer for the closing ceremony when the team has been so successful and you could easily make the case for a number of them getting the job.

Absolutely brilliant, really looking forward to the Paralympics as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    cabbles said:

Putting team GB aside, was this the greatest games ever in terms of achievements

Bolt
    Phelps
    Biles

I'm putting this across as a relatively younger viewer, so would welcome some thoughts from the older posters

I really enjoyed the 1908 games in London, Thou the TV coverage was shite

There was 15 different weights in the boxing and GB won 14 and a Aussie gut who sold Boomerangs in Earls court won the other one.
    There was The tug of War which the City of London Police team won and the Liverpool Police team got the silver.
    In the Marathon the first pass the line was an Italian but he collapsed and was helped to his feet so was disqualified.
    The English guy who won the 100 kilometres bike race at the White city,
    finish the race then with his medal went off and worked the night shift at the local Bakers. I guess there was no Dough in it ?
    I mean the Bike racing not the bread.

Happy days.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    What troubles me slightly is you have rowing races with a cox and without a cox. You have them with people on one knee and with them sitting. A few too many events - have different distances and crew numbers by all means but beyond that it should be about the fastest - if you want a cox have one but your opponents may want a lighter boat! Same for swimming. Have different distances, but make it the fastest. If you want to try and win it on your back fine, but just get accross as fast as you can. You don't have the 100 metres on one leg or with a cactus down your pants. Usain Bolt just runs it as fast as he can! When you see the number of medals swimmers can win, it shows they have too many events!

Slightly tongue in cheek - basketball shouldn't be in it either - too American! They will be the only nation that ever wins it.

But what a great games and I have enjoyed every minute. Well done to every GB athlete - and I Include the swimmers and rowers!:)
  • Options
    Loved every minute of that. Was in the US visiting family for the first week and I can honestly say the BBC's coverage is light years ahead of NBC in the states who showed swimming and beach volleyball almost exclusively. Love watching the swimming though, really enjoyed some of the handball I saw too. Fantastic effort by Team GB, always impressed by the fact these people train their arses off for one chance every four years for little financial compensation and just for the glory.

By the way @nth london addick should be head of UK sport!
  • Options

What troubles me slightly is you have rowing races with a cox and without a cox.

Um that's the difference between men and women @MuttleyCAFC :smiley:

• Options
    Yes, that is another thread! :)