Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    I think Forest had 3players from the 1st team squad and their u21’s and we were mostly the u18’s.
    only a sub, but Nathan Asiimwe looks like he is going to be a very good player.
  • Options
    I think we are sending all our u21’s out on loan so that scouts are less aware of how good they are.
  • Options
    Good to see Toby Bower get on as a sub towards the end. Only 17 but very promising and he has a lovely left foot.
  • Options
    Toby Bower came on the second half. Some good defending plus getting forward.

Some well placed crosses that would have suited Stockley. Think he should get a chance in the first team.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Toby Bower came on the second half. Some good defending plus getting forward.

Some well placed crosses that would have suited Stockley. Think he should get a chance in the first team.
    I think he might need another year of physical development before the men's game calls, but I do think he's our future LB. Superb deliveries and set pieces.
  • Options
    Bower is doing remarkably well for a seventeen year old.
    Comparisons between him and Solly are justified, not only about physical stature.
  • Options
    We are desperate for a Left footed LB who can not only defend but can get up and down the left flank. Have only seen the lad play a couple of games and TBF I was more watching how Kanu and Leaburn could play in tandem and who took up the central position. Did notice other players obviously but was mainly on Daniel Kanu watch as I thought he would be in the 18 this season.

As Jacob Roddy wasn't the answer ! Steven Sessegnon is decent but Right footed, Clayden is Left footed but is another forward trying to be turned into an attacking LB, Purrington was decent but too slow in getting up and back we have the same problem again.

Good luck Toby Bowers if you get a chance some time this season or next.

• Options
    I will go to Dartford today. I hope there is an U21 game to see there!
  • Options
    Confirmed on OS twitter as going ahead and being on Charlton TV
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can you go to the game in person today?  Seeing as the crickets finished
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Henry and Ness playing, so not in the squad for Fleetwood Forest Green

• Options
    Nor Forest Green either.
  • Options
    What's happened to our other young goalkeeper Harness?
  • Options
    Might be over 21 now
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Might be over 21 now
    Doesn't under 21's allow some overage players?

Another reason could be Kone is catching him up in terms of ability. Certainly has impressed me so far.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I'm surprised to not see any of our injured players featuring, the likes of Chuks, Sessegnon and Egbo. A chance to ease them back
  • Options
    I'm surprised to not see any of our injured players featuring, the likes of Chuks, Sessegnon and Egbo. A chance to ease them back
    Unusual to see that these days. JFC played a few games IIRC but not many others 
  • Options
    So how do the fringe senior players get and stay match fit, even more so if coming back from injury? Specially arranged games behind closed doors?
  • Options
    Col Utd 1-0 but that is the most blatant foul I think I have ever seen 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Under 21s looking off the pace again today. 1-0 Colchester after 50m.
  • Options
    2-0
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    2-1 Kanu. Following good work from Ladapo
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    First goal was a foul but we've been sloppy all game, haven't created many clear cut chances despite numerous crosses and Col U deserve the lead on chances created.....

....and as I type Kanu scores
  • Options
    So how do the fringe senior players get and stay match fit, even more so if coming back from injury? Specially arranged games behind closed doors?
    Pizza cup and sub appearances.

Not saying it's right but that seems to be the way for most clubs now.
  • Options
    I’ve just turned I’ve just put this on - we don’t look quite as fluid as usual though I turned on just as it went 2-0

Nice finish from Kanu tbf after a bit of pressure but we look a bit disjointed
  • Options
    Starting to turn it on now. Kanu should have equslised.
  • Options
    Pizza cup and sub appearances.

Not saying it's right but that seems to be the way for most clubs now.
    I forgot about the Pizza cup!
  • Options
    Off the line. Should have been  2 - 2
  • Options
    Lovely work by Camara and Kanu, who hits the bar.