Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    There has been some very good wing work in the last 30m followed by poor crosses
  • Options
    2 - 2
  • Options
    2 -2 FT
  • Options
    2-2 Camara with great equaliser on the volley.
    Fair result in the end. We really only started playing when we were 2 behind. Henry in particular.
  • Options
    So many times we got behind them but couldn't pick out a red shirt.

Fair result 
  • Options
    Thought we were pretty sloppy in the first half but picked it up more after the break.

Once again, Zak Mitchell the stand out player for us.

Unsure about their 2nd goal but otherwise immaculate. 
  • Options
    Lovely left-footed volley from the corner for the equaliser by Kamara.
    I only watched the game from when we were 2-1 down, but it was all Charlton after that. Campbell looked very good on the ball. 
  • Options
    So many times we got behind them but couldn't pick out a red shirt.

Fair result 
    Sounds like they fit the criteria to play for the first team
  • Options
    I'm surprised to not see any of our injured players featuring, the likes of Chuks, Sessegnon and Egbo. A chance to ease them back
    Unusual to see that these days. JFC played a few games IIRC but not many others 
    So how do the fringe senior players get and stay match fit, even more so if coming back from injury? Specially arranged games behind closed doors?
    Pizza cup and sub appearances.

Not saying it's right but that seems to be the way for most clubs now.
    It's bonkers though  we don't have a league or pizza cup game in September.  

JFC will play in the next pizza cup game without playing for nearly 8 weeks, then he will be off the pace etc etc

We had a situation last year where Morgan didn't kick a ball in anger for 3 months.  The Watson debarcle at Hartlepool, after 4 months of zero minutes.  

Your paying their wages at least give them a chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I'm surprised to not see any of our injured players featuring, the likes of Chuks, Sessegnon and Egbo. A chance to ease them back
    Unusual to see that these days. JFC played a few games IIRC but not many others 
    So how do the fringe senior players get and stay match fit, even more so if coming back from injury? Specially arranged games behind closed doors?
    Pizza cup and sub appearances.

Not saying it's right but that seems to be the way for most clubs now.
    It's bonkers though  we don't have a league or pizza cup game in September.  

JFC will play in the next pizza cup game without playing for nearly 8 weeks, then he will be off the pace etc etc

We had a situation last year where Morgan didn't kick a ball in anger for 3 months.  The Watson debarcle at Hartlepool, after 4 months of zero minutes.  

Your paying their wages at least give them a chance.
    Agreed, and the youngsters benefit from having a senior pro involved on the pitch, giving them a bit of guidance or a gee up
  • Options
    I have been watching the under 18’s and U23/21 a lot on Charlton TV the last couple of season’s they have been playing garnerball for ages long before he arrived so it has been coached at that level for sometime. Not sure JFC or other seniors would fit their system playing in u21’s after watching the hash that first team players have been making of it so far.
  • Options
    I have been watching the under 18’s and U23/21 a lot on Charlton TV the last couple of season’s they have been playing garnerball for ages long before he arrived so it has been coached at that level for sometime. Not sure JFC or other seniors would fit their system playing in u21’s after watching the hash that first team players have been making of it so far.
    But then the quality of opposition the first team face is far tougher
  • Options
    But then the quality of opposition the first team face is far tougher
    Remember JFC also played Garnerball in the championship for Brighton.  Its not the complete alien concept that some make out.
  • Options
    All the plaudits re JFC being so good I find it remarkable he cant get a game anywhere ?
    It's only comparable with Chucks being a world beater everytime he is injured !
  • Options
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    All the plaudits re JFC being so good I find it remarkable he cant get a game anywhere ?
    Are you suggesting he isn't playing for the u21s because he isn't good enough?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    No not at all. My comment was more about how when players arent playing for us they seem to grow in stature and ability. When actually imo Bham had our pants down with Chucks and clubs were hardly knocking our door down to sign JFC during the window, but to read alot of the threads on here they are Championship level players 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    No not at all. My comment was more about how when players arent playing for us they seem to grow in stature and ability. When actually imo Bham had our pants down with Chucks and clubs were hardly knocking our door down to sign JFC during the window, but to read alot of the threads on here they are Championship level players 
    The JFC situation is a bit different isn't it?  He was our clear POTY as hasn't played at all since, despite being fit for six months.  If we are paying his wages why aren't we at least maintaining his match fitness?

He isn't so awful that he can't be considered under any circumstances, even his harshest critic wouldn't say that.  Would they?

No one is going to bang your door down for a player that hasn't proven he has recovered from a serious injury.  If we had released him, when we had the chance, he probably could have done that in preaseason elsewhere.

Now we are lumbered with him, baring a move to nonleague, until January.  Through our own choice. 

The whole thing stinks tbh.
  • Options
    I have paid them £3 to watch this.
  • Options
    Millwall have a penalty.
  • Options
    1-0 Millwall.
    Harness nearly but not quite.
  • Options
    Is this match available on Charlton TV?
  • Options
    pause in play 
    as always an absorbing game, Millwall on top generally because of the purposefulness of their attacking, but we still carry a threat.
  • Options
    I've lost the match...anyone else ?