Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    1-1 Tyreece campbell, set up by henry.
  • Options
    half time 1-1.
    Millwall with the edge, but faith and a kind of dogged perseverance led to a good chance from one of our best players who had been looking to get the one opportunity against a good Millwall defence.
    We need to hold our nerve, reduce unforced errors, and look after the ball a little better.
    As usual at this level we have a sporting contest, with a lot to keep one interested.
  • Options
    Anyone watching on our live stream?
    I have a DD to pay for Charlton tv, fairly sure I signed in with the new format but no video of the game. 
  • Options
    I think it is only on Millwall TV, you have to register on their site and pay £3 for the match.
  • Options
    Kanu has been very tightly marked.
    However he can take a half chance, and doesn't need loads of opportunities to stay focussed.
  • Options
    2-1 Millwall
  • Options
    Abdulmalik with their second
  • Options
    A bit unfortunate.
  • Options
    3-1 after a total mess up. Clayden at fault.
  • Options
    Embarrassing goal to concede.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4-1 back pass terrible.
  • Options
    Aaron henry I think.
  • Options
    Getting fractious.
    Harness has been left exposed four times.
    Suicidal play.
    Fraid it will get worse.
  • Options
    Henry and Clayden off for Viggers and Bower.
  • Options
    Not henry, ladapo sorry.
  • Options
    Ness off for Toure,
    Campbell off for Kamara.
  • Options
    10 to go. A very bad day at the office.
    Way below par.
  • Options
    And you gave Millwall £3 to boot :)
  • Options
    Grief is the price you pay for love innit?
  • Options
    Clayden's confidence ruined by his 1st team enforced inclusions ? 

Wouldn't surprise me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why was Clayden playing today anyway? It's not as if he needs game time, others in the squad (e.g. Kirk, McGrandles or JFC) need minutes more.
  • Options
    Charltonised.
  • Options

Wouldn't surprise me. 
    What strange wording. Was it forced once he started playing badly? 

I don't think that he is a L1 quality squad player.
  • Options
    What I like about Clayden is he tries to play his game irrespective of mistakes. Obviously it is the area he has to improve on but he is young and could well do so.
  • Options

Wouldn't surprise me. 
    Don't agree.  He has never been particularly stand out and is simply not good enough for league footy IMO.  Good hard worker/trier and I hope he proves me wrong but I think it is his ability not 1st team inclusions that let him down.

Fans make too much of that, exposure to the first team is a good thing for youngsters unless the fans destroy them by getting on their backs which very rarely happens and has not with CC.
  • Options
    Wow that was an embarassing thrashing!
  • Options

Wouldn't surprise me. 
    Don't agree.  He has never been particularly stand out and is simply not good enough for league footy IMO.  Good hard worker/trier and I hope he proves me wrong but I think it is his ability not 1st team inclusions that let him down.

Fans make too much of that, exposure to the first team is a good thing for youngsters unless the fans destroy them by getting on their backs which very rarely happens and has not with CC.
    Fair enough. It was just a question to see what Lifers thought.

I was thinking about the pelters Charles received after a recent match plus the manner in which Charlie Barker, put in at the deep end, has seemingly faded out of the picture....
  • Options
    Why was Clayden playing today anyway? It's not as if he needs game time, others in the squad (e.g. Kirk, McGrandles or JFC) need minutes more.
    See he is playing as left back, he needs to learn this position, will be more of a benefit for play few more games at U23 understand the position, make mistakes rather than in the first team
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    He is young and I reckon he will improve because he is the type to play has way and not be inhibited.  From what I see anyway. In terms of the first team, I would rather play him in the cups and bring him on with the game won at this stage.