Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Triallist left foot 6-0. He kept on going unchallenged.
  • 6-0 Trialist B with a lovely left foot finish into the bottom corner. 

Sign him up!
    I think we have!
  • Sub 16 might be called Timmy
  • Options today were (a) pressure wash the terrace, (b) paint some sheds or (c) watch the U21s.  Good decision!
  • Full time 6-0.

3 wins from 3. Sounds familiar.
  • Swisdom said:
    Sub 16 might be called Timmy
    Abraham? 
  • edited August 27
    Great to see us doing so well in the U21s... Past seasons we seem to suffer at this level, because we opt to send out kids out on loan, or they're needed for the First Team - So its a level that almost ends up with the "unwanted players elsewhere" at that age group.
  • M’Bick seems to have come on a bit even since last year. Very exciting prospect. I thought Enslin looked very good too.
  • Sponsored links:

• So a bit of digging and two of the trialists have been released by EPL clubs and the third is or was with a league 2 side
    That gets rid of the Shrewsbury rumour I guess
  • If the trialist scorer was merely 'nippy', obviously not Dixon.
  • So a bit of digging and two of the trialists have been released by EPL clubs and the third is or was with a league 2 side
    Nice digging...
  • If the trialist scorer was merely 'nippy', obviously not Dixon.
    I think they will assess Dixon before blooding him, there is a big step in physicality from Jamaican Premier to the third tier of English football. 
  • One thing I noticed about the triallist goalkeeper we had today was his ability at kicking the ball out. His kicks were pretty accurate, but he tempered trajectory, length, and power, when it seemed suitable. Most of the time to pretty good effect.
    Maybe I imagined it, but he was a lot more than simply hoof it long, maybe he is part of the new fashion of goalkeeper/defender or something.
  • _MrDick said:
    From the telly box, it Looks like the directors box is pretty busy. 
    Everybody who attends is squeezed in there.
  • seth plum said:
    Enslin has played in a number of positions whenever I have seen him. Always seems authoritative.
    He could play for Japan. His younger brother is also in the academy.
  • I have a feeling that Enslin might be one whose 'first team' debut will come in the silly buggers cup this season.
    If we field a team of lesser playing first team squad members plus some U21's, Enslin might get a mini breakthrough.
  • There are brief highlights on the official Charlton TV channel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    Enslin has played in a number of positions whenever I have seen him. Always seems authoritative.
    Where did you hear he could play for Japan? Would be good to get that added to FM if there's a reliable source.
  • Pity I missed this game, coincided with my 2pm keep fit class.
  • Scoham said:
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    Where did you hear he could play for Japan? Would be good to get that added to FM if there's a reliable source.
    Transfermarkt seem to believe it: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kai-enslin/profil/spieler/1085239
  • Scoham said:
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    Transfermarkt has him down as dual citizenship, England and Japan
  • Thanks all, great spot. There's a short interview here which I found after Googling his name in Japanese which is on Transfermarkt. Translating it shows his dad is English, his mother is Japanese and he can speak Japanese.

https://www-footballchannel-jp.translate.goog/2022/04/28/post461138/?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc
  • Scoham said:
    Thanks all, great spot. There's a short interview here which I found after Googling his name in Japanese which is on Transfermarkt. Translating it shows his dad is English, his mother is Japanese and he can speak Japanese.

https://www-footballchannel-jp.translate.goog/2022/04/28/post461138/?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc
    I met him mum a couple of years ago as an u18 game.  She was soooooo excited to be there.  And I can confirm she is Japanese 
  • edited August 28
    Scoham said:
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    Talking to his mother (who is Japanese) and father in the game at Dulwich Hamlet last season. He has been scouted by Japanese representatives.
  • Some good stuff in here about the U21’s. Players in the academy clearly being coached to play the NJ way which is good. 

https://www.charltonafc.com/video/player/0_96op78rn
  • Anybody know the team for today?