Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• cafcfan said:
    fenaddick said:
    I really like Chris Lock, seems a good coach & communicator
    A snippet of information. (From Chris Solly who was interviewed in the Club 1905 lounge prior to the game against Rotherham).  Chris Lock is currently away working with the England Elite League Squad (under 20s, I think). So Solly/Jason Pearce will be minding the team for our U21 game on Tuesday.
    yeah Lock talked about it in the interview further up the thread, sounded like he applied for that with the support of the club which is great 
  • Charlton's U21s kick off their Premier League Cup campaign against Leeds United at The Valley on Friday (KO 7pm BST) and tickets are now on sale.

Admission is priced at £3 for adults and £2 for O65s and U18s, while Valley Gold members and 2024/25 season-ticket holders go free.

Click here to purchase your tickets now.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/tickets-sale-u21s-cup-clash-valley

• Charlton's U21s are back in action on Tuesday afternoon when they take on Crewe Alexandra at Princes Park (KO 1pm BST).

Supporters can attend Tuesday's fixture at Princes Park with admission priced at £5 for adults and £3 for concessions, while 2024/25 men's season-ticket holders and Valley Gold members go free.

Fans can also watch every kick of the action live on CharltonTV as part of their monthly or annual subscription, or you can purchase a one-off match pass for £5 by clicking here.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-preview-charlton-v-crewe-alexandra

• No Leaburn today. Disappointing.
  • Anybody found the team news for this afternoon?
  • seth plum said:
    Anybody found the team news for this afternoon?
    https://x.com/charltonacademy/status/1833460574321025331?s=46
  • edited September 10
    shirty5 said:
    seth plum said:
    Anybody found the team news for this afternoon?
    https://x.com/charltonacademy/status/1833460574321025331?s=46
    Thanks for that.
    Nothing remarkable then, although Sol Loza up from the U18’s to the bench today is of some interest.
    Casey and M’bick starting ought to worry Crewe.
  • No Leaburn today. Disappointing.
    Would be surprised if we see him in the U21’s at all
  • fenaddick said:
    No Leaburn today. Disappointing.
    He was supposed to be playing today and the next couple of under 21 games .. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 10
    fenaddick said:
    No Leaburn today. Disappointing.
    He was supposed to be playing today and the next couple of under 21 games .. 
    The match today is also on a full first team training day. Monday’s being recovery and re set and Wednesdays often a day off. So players may have been required with the principle first team group today for integration and familiarity and so on. Zach Mitchell is one example today.
  • Would expect to see more fringe first teamers plus Leaburn on Friday Vs Leeds tbh. Maybe Taylor, Dixon ,Zach Mitchell all come in? 
  • Really hoping Pat Casey is back today.
  • Nearly kick off, no stream yet.
  • Anybody got the stream yet?
  • Same three trialists as the last three games.
  • Anybody getting anything?

• shirty5 said:

Ffs just paid for it. 
  • shirty5 said:

Guessing this has something to do with the mysterious hacking last week?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bollocks to that.
    Had sort of planned the day around seeing the stream, could maybe have told us yesterday or something rather than just now.
    I would probably have tried to schlepp down there if I had known.
  • Wonder what 'due course' will mean.
  • FECK !!!!

Rushing around all morning to make it back home for 1pm ....

I want my £7 money back for September ! 
  • Hope they give us updates on twitter, such a useful means of communication at such times.
  • seth plum said:
    Bollocks to that.
    Had sort of planned the day around seeing the stream, could maybe have told us yesterday or something rather than just now.
    I would imagine the issue has only just happened so they couldn’t tell you yesterday..
  • fenaddick said:
    seth plum said:
    Bollocks to that.
    I would imagine the issue has only just happened so they couldn’t tell you yesterday..
    True.
    Oh well, no way of knowing what is happening now.
  • seth plum said:
    Bollocks to that.
    Yeah, I was going if Leaburn was playing.
  • 1-0 Ryan Huke
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Would expect to see more fringe first teamers plus Leaburn on Friday Vs Leeds tbh. Maybe Taylor, Dixon ,Zach Mitchell all come in? 
    Dixon not back yet from international duty