Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Lovely 4tth, Bower I think after 1-2 with Casey?
  • Confirmed, it was Enslin by Club. Couldn't really see but thought it was number 3 which is Enslin.
  • edited September 16
    clive said:
    Kai Enslin plays a deft one-two with Patrick Casey before rifling his effort into the roof of the net! 
    Better eyesight than me Clive...🙄
  • Do kids play football up Norf? This is one of the most one sided matches I've ever seen
  • Who is our no7? He's rapid!
  • 5-0, another really good finish 
  • fenaddick said:
    Who is our no7? He's rapid!
    Fullah
  • 0-5...another one
  • Kedwell with the 5th goal.
  • fenaddick said:
    Who is our no7? He's rapid!
    Ibrahim Fullah, one of the u18 second years who’s already signed pro, along with Mbick and Mwamba.
  • Sponsored links:

• 5-0, another nicely worked goal, and Kedwell cuts in from the left and fires home.
  • Ref should finish this one early out of sympathy for Wendies...🙄
  • This looks a very good side, some well taken goals, making Wednesday look really poor across the entire pitch.
  • edited September 16
    Ref must be a masochist playing added time...🤦‍♂️
  • Very enjoyable watch
  • FT 0-5...very interesting if one sided game with some well taken goals...good watch
  • edited September 16
    Thanks for posting the YouTube link @danny777 .  Thoroughly enjoyed that.  A better watch than the first team!
  • Sponsored links:

• Great performance from our lads !

Probably should read ANOTHER great performance ! 
  • Another big win, we’ve got a lot of youngsters in the first team squad as it is, so I wonder if we’ll see 1 or 2 go out on loan. They can still go to the NL outside the transfer window. Kedwell had a decent run of games there last season for comparison.

We played 3-5-2 again, with a few changing position later due to all the subs.

MacLorg 

Hobden Hunter Bower

Fullah       Kedwell          Enslin

Mwamba     Huke

Mbick       Casey
  • danny777 said:
    If you click on the link you can still watch the whole game. We looked much better than Wednesday who seemed to turn over possession very easily.
  • Caught up on the stream.
    Looked a mismatch, yet we weren't playing any 'nearly senior' players what with the silly buggers Cup against Cambridge tomorrow. I don't know the strength of the Sheffield Wednesday side.
    What it made me think of was this 'Category One' status we're continually denied. Does the U21 system come under category one? Anyway we have been a big fish in terms of results in a small pool now for a number of years at U21 and U18 level and below. Regularly almost dominating leagues and getting to the finals of loads of cups.
    I wonder if we would be able to play teams of a higher standard if we had category one. I accept that at that level we would probably be in the lower reaches, but the opposition would be better, we may learn more, we may be less open to people nicking our players, and it seems we have little more to prove at the levels we play at the moment.
  • Looked up Sheff Wed's team - not all that different from us, and they don't appear to have played any 17 year olds - we started 2, and Mwamba has only just turned 18.

Phillips 18?
    Siqueira (c) 19
    Emery 18?
    Flannery 19
    Johnson 18
    Thornton 18
    Buchan 19
    Shipston 19
    Moses 18
    Fernandes 18
    Brown 18?

MacLorg 18
    Hobden 19 (nearly 20)
    Hunter 18
    Bower 19
    Fullah 17
    Mwamba 18 (yesterday!)
    Kedwell 19
    Huke 19
    Enslin 18 (19 next month)
    Mbick 17 (18 in November)
    Casey 18
  • I noticed none of the trialists were in the squad, decisions made or maximising the squad?
  • seth plum said:
    Caught up on the stream.
    Looked a mismatch, yet we weren't playing any 'nearly senior' players what with the silly buggers Cup against Cambridge tomorrow. I don't know the strength of the Sheffield Wednesday side.
    What it made me think of was this 'Category One' status we're continually denied. Does the U21 system come under category one? Anyway we have been a big fish in terms of results in a small pool now for a number of years at U21 and U18 level and below. Regularly almost dominating leagues and getting to the finals of loads of cups.
    I wonder if we would be able to play teams of a higher standard if we had category one. I accept that at that level we would probably be in the lower reaches, but the opposition would be better, we may learn more, we may be less open to people nicking our players, and it seems we have little more to prove at the levels we play at the moment.

.we could defo do with better opposition but sadly the div that created the whole cat a academy based the whole thing on money and not history of talent or anything.  We then employed him and his son
  • I'm not knowledgeable about any of our younger mens squads, but do you think that some are ready for loans out to the National League or lower National League South and would they benefit from such a loan at this stage of their career.