Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• mart77 said:
    Scoham said:
    Huke tapped in but offside
    Was it going in without the touch? We thought it was close.
    No, it was going wide, but it did look close I agree
  • Best game I've seen from Kedwell. Zach Mitchell is a class above. Anyone who says he hasn't got a turn of speed needs to visit Specsavers. A good team performance.

Had to be the worst one sided referee I've ever seen at The Valley. Even the 4th official seemed to disown him.
  • Mwamba impressed me, spot on that he could be a 6,8 or 10. Miles' injury seems to been have managed well, Reid could be a very useful addition, constantly talking, has obviously worked with that group of lads, encouraging performance 
  • edited September 14
    Pity I missed this game, coincided with my 2pm keep fit class.
    Fitness is overrated. Straight red. 
  • Today at 2pm the U21’s are slated to play Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.
    I have no idea if there will be any live coverage.
  • edited September 16
    Worth checking SWFCs Twitter and YouTube pages, looks like they’ve streamed u21 games before. Nothing mentioned yet.
  • Well I intend going out today, in the expectation that there is no coverage, for those of us who stick around I hope there is a stream.
  • Sponsored links:

• Here’s how our U21s line-up in this afternoon’s PDL2 clash against Sheffield Wednesday: MacLorg; Hobden, Hunter, Bower; Fullah, Mwamba, Kedwell (c), Huke, Enslin; Casey, Mbick Subs: Sadler, Toure, Brown, Safa, Sol-Loza
  •  Here’s how our U21s line-up in this afternoon’s PDL2 clash against Sheffield Wednesday: MacLorg; Hobden, Hunter, Bower; Fullah, Mwamba, Kedwell (c), Huke, Enslin; Casey, Mbick Subs: Sadler, Toure, Brown, Safa, Sol-Loza

Leaburn dropped, injured, rested or available for the BSM Cup tomorrow?

Dixon not named either.

MacLorg back in goal and no sign of Tommy Reid or the other two recent trialists.

• Jones using the first team squad tomorrow then.
  • Would expect from that side that Zach Mitchell ,Leaburn and Dixon are with the first team tomorrow. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Would expect from that side that Zach Mitchell ,Leaburn and Dixon are with the first team tomorrow. 
    Plus Asiimwe.

I assume Rylah, Gough and Laqeretabua are injured or ill as I think they’ve missed at least the last few u21 games.
  • Almost a stunning own goal by Wednesday  :D
  • Thought Shef Wed has scored an own goal
    for a second! Good pressing from our boys though 
  • Really nice footwork from Mbick, and gets a shot away.
  • Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would expect from that side that Zach Mitchell ,Leaburn and Dixon are with the first team tomorrow. 
    Plus Asiimwe.

I assume Rylah, Gough and Laqeretabua are injured or ill as I think they’ve missed at least the last few u21 games.
    Plus the invisible Terry Taylor...
  • Sponsored links:

• Can tell Maclorg was an outfield player for a bit, very good with his feet
  • Great link up play between Casey and Mbick (I think, I don't get to watch many U21 games!)
  • Mbick very lively gets in and shot tipped over for a corner. Wednesday look a bit dodgy at the back to say the least.
  • Really miss having some commentary but a decent stream 

We seem to be doing well so far but Weds look a big physical side.

Wonder if Chris Powell is watching?
  • Looked away for 30 seconds and we scored, no idea who or how though!
  • 1-0 Mwamba (I think) with good play on the right, feeds Casey who puts it across for Mbick to slide it home.
    Glad you were paying attention!
  • Patrick Casey squares for Micah Mbick who taps in with ease to give us the lead!
    Charlton Athletic Academy

• Playing well here, created more chances. Sheff Wed had a decent chance about 10 minutes ago after they carved through or midfield but the shot from the corner of our box was straight at the keeper. Other than that, no danger for our defence really