Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Just seen Katrien get off the train holding a Marks and Sparks bag. Did it have sale documents in it?
  • 14' GOAL! And what a goal! Doughty fires in from the widest of angles outside the box. 1-0 Addicks! #cafc

14' I think he was probably going for a cross from the left, but he won't care! #cafc

• Correction it was Doughty
  • Lapslie and Doughty are the stand out players for me.
  • Who is Morgan?
  • How is the new centre half looking? Pierce i think his name is.

Not really been tested tbh Henry but looks solid.
  • Sponsored links:

I heard he'll never make the first team

Thanks, guess they'll sub him off after 60 or 70 mins
  • Charlton Athletic FC‏Verified account @CAFCofficial 40s40 seconds ago
    More
    57' Jason Pearce gets on the end of Lapslie's corner, but he heads just wide. #cafc

Not Pearce?
  • dickplumb said:

How is the new centre half looking? Pierce i think his name is.

Not Pearce?
    Something like that : - )
  • Charlton Athletic FC‏Verified account @CAFCofficial 23s24 seconds ago
    More
    76' GOAL! Karlan Ahearne-Grant doubles the lead. 2-0 Addicks! #cafc
  • Brilliant break from their corner. Dijksteel finds Hanlan who knocks it back to KAG. 2-0
  • Charlton Athletic FC‏Verified account @CAFCofficial 14s15 seconds ago
    More
    76' Superb football from Charlton. KAG starts and finishes the move. Hanlan plucks ball out of the air and tees up KAG who fires home. #cafc
  • Charlton Athletic FC‏Verified account @CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    More
    79' Goal Wednesday. The visitors pull one back against the run of play through Lewis Price who heads home a right-wing cross. 2-1. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Athletic FC‏Verified account @CAFCofficial 4m4 minutes ago
    More
    90+2 Red card for Sheffield Wednesday's Baker. He catches Yamfam again and gets his second yellow. #cafc
    1 reply 1 retweet 2 likes
    Reply 1 Retweet 1
    Like 2
    Charlton Athletic FC‏Verified account @CAFCofficial 5m5 minutes ago
    More
    90+1 SUB | Hanlan is replaced by Fox. #cafc
    2 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
    Reply 2 Retweet
    Charlton Athletic FC‏Verified account @CAFCofficial 6m6 minutes ago
    More
    90' Owls midfielder Baker is booked for an extremely cynical foul on Yamfam as the forward breaks downfield. #cafc
  • Baker must have been given the run around to get two bookings in under 5 mins.
  • Another good result. Would like to have gone if I didn't have work today.
  • Home now. Thoroughly deserved win. Pearce played the full 90. Good strong performance although Edwards was taken to the cleaners several times including for the goal by Jack Sprogg.

Convinced that Dijksteel and Lapslie are first team players of the future and think Bowry and Doughty have a chance.

How do you feel about Barnes? Finding decent RB cover seems to be a constant problem for us given we have a captain as first choice there, but we need someone who can deputize and do a job. It'd be great if we could use a youngster as the back-up next year, any chance of that happening in your view? Is he anywhere near ready for the step up?
  • Archie Edwards looks a shadow of the player he was. Lapslie and Djiksteel should be pushing for a first team slot next season, both in midfield. Very impressed with Doughty, very quick and can run at people. Played left back for the U18s. Bowry is solid and reads the game well. More players for Duchatelet to sell.
  • Don't rate Barnes .
  • dickplumb said:

Archie Edwards looks a shadow of the player he was. Lapslie and Djiksteel should be pushing for a first team slot next season, both in midfield. Very impressed with Doughty, very quick and can run at people. Played left back for the U18s. Bowry is solid and reads the game well. More players for Duchatelet to sell.

What's happened to Edwards? Hasn't he been out injured?