Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• edited March 2017
    I used to be doubtful about Barnes, but less so now. My understanding is there may well be a deal offered to him.
    I certainly agree with the positive reaction to Doherty, Lapslie and Djiksteel, but Archie Edwards (at the moment) reminds us how up and down it can be for young players.
  • Barnes has signed a contract extension until the end of next season.

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-aaron-barnes-academy-3635746.aspx
  • 8 eights clear of Millwall, although Millwall have game in hand. On now to Friday this week away to Barnsley 2 pm kick off. 4 games to play Hull & Millwall at home and Barnsley & Coventry away. Welling away next Tuesday in the Kent Senior cup semi final ko 19-45.
  • Fox. Has he signed I wonder.
  • strong team
  • U23S | Half-time at Oakwell and it's goalless between the Addicks and Barnsley. #cafc
  • U23S | Goal. Barnsley have taken the lead at Oakwell. They lead 1-0 with around 10 minutes to play. #cafc
    0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
  • Hope Thomas, Umerah and Charles Cook are back for the play offs, if we get there.
  • Sponsored links:

• U23S | Full-time at Oakwell and Barnsley have edged it against our U23s. 1-0 it finishes. #cafc
  • Hope Thomas, Umerah and Charles Cook are back for the play offs, if we get there.

That was a strong Barnsley squad they just played. Quite a few first teamers for them today. Sounded like they were under the cosh for a while.
  • edited March 2017

Hope Thomas, Umerah and Charles Cook are back for the play offs, if we get there.

http://uk.soccerway.com/national/england/central-league/20162017/regular-season/south/g9849/

Unless my maths are wrong we've made them as Regional Winners?

We're 8-pts ahead of Millwall who have a game in hand but we've only got the one game left (going by the fixtures)... At the moment it looks like we'll play Hull twice on the trot as they're our last game and are currently second in the Northern League.

Edit: Just seen that we've three more matches (Hull | Coventry | Millwall) so nine points left to play for so we're almost there
  • Will go along for the first half at least- presume will be a young team with the MK match tomorrow. Sparrows Lane instead of Middle Park Ave- parking may be tricky.
  • You can park in the training ground, if they allow you.

• CHARLTON U23S | Mitov, Barnes (c), Bowry, Fox, Edwards, Dijksteel, Cater, Lapslie, Yamfam, Hanlan, Ahearne-Grant.

CHARLTON U23S SUBS | Beeney, Zemura, Maloney, Millar, Diedrick-Roberts. #cafc

Missing Hackett-Fairchild big time in recent weeks.

Diedrick-Roberts seems to be on a long trail but never gets off the bench.
  • edited April 2017

CHARLTON U23S | Mitov, Barnes (c), Bowry, Fox, Edwards, Dijksteel, Cater, Lapslie, Yamfam, Hanlan, Ahearne-Grant.

@Henry Irving is Hackett-Fairchild injured?

Ditto Fox on the long trial front
  • Sponsored links:

• JT said:

My lil bro lines up against us today. J.Ter Horst.

My old dear and older bro at Sparrows

Good luck to him.
  • JT said:

What happened to him @ York?

He went on loan there for the rest of the season in January yet is now back @ Hull - Did it just not work out?
  • SDAddick said:

CHARLTON U23S | Mitov, Barnes (c), Bowry, Fox, Edwards, Dijksteel, Cater, Lapslie, Yamfam, Hanlan, Ahearne-Grant.

But Fox gets games
  • SDAddick said:

JT said:

He went on loan there for the rest of the season in January yet is now back @ Hull - Did it just not work out?
    I just want you to know FA that I greatly appreciate your football anorak-ness.
    lol! I've kept a close eye on Johan partly because @JT posts on here, partly because he's a Charlton fan but also because we almost signed him... He's one of those cases that I've kept an eye on because I've often wondered if we made a big mistake.
  • SDAddick said:

JT said:

I just want you to know FA that I greatly appreciate your football anorak-ness.
    lol! I've kept a close eye on Johan partly because @JT posts on here, partly because he's a Charlton fan but also because we almost signed him... He's one of those cases that I've kept an eye on because I've often wondered if we made a big mistake.
    You don't give yourself enough credit, you generally have a good level of football anorak-ness (apparently I'm making that a word).
  • SDAddick said:

But Fox gets games
    Gives him something to do when he's not playing on a Saturday with Sheffield Wednesday
  • SDAddick said:

But Fox gets games
    True. Has it been 2-3 months now that he's been on trial with us? Feels like a while, but I've also lost all sense of linear time.
  • JT said:

Put it this way, he could no longer, due to certain circumstances, drive the trek to training.