Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Thought Charles-Cook was out on loan at Solihull Moors?
  • Euell out, regime puppet
    :-)
  • The adjustments at half time made it a bit disjointed in the second half, and Crystal Palace picked their game up. Goalscorer Doherty had to go to left back where he had covered for Edwards in recent games, and KAG playing rather wide made us less forceful in the middle up front.
    Nevertheless our first half dominance, without our strongest team was very good. Cummings impressed, and a lad called Taylor Maloney came on in Dijksteels position and played very well.
    I think Dijksteel and KAG will be involved tomorrow.
    Didn't see Karl Robinson there.

• Archie Edwards first game back after injury that's why played half game. Anfernee Dijksteel & Karlan Ahearne-Grant both played half a game in squad tomorrow? Next game on Sunday against AFC Wimbledon at Merstham F.C. in U23 Prem cup. 1 p.m. kick off. A win will take us into the knockout stages of the cup.
  • LenGlover said:

Thought Charles-Cook was out on loan at Solihull Moors?

He is, but still eligible for Development games with us.
  • seth plum said:

The adjustments at half time made it a bit disjointed in the second half, and Crystal Palace picked their game up. Goalscorer Doherty had to go to left back where he had covered for Edwards in recent games, and KAG playing rather wide made us less forceful in the middle up front.
    Nevertheless our first half dominance, without our strongest team was very good. Cummings impressed, and a lad called Taylor Maloney came on in Dijksteels position and played very well.
    I think Dijksteel and KAG will be involved tomorrow.
    Didn't see Karl Robinson there.

How is Doherty? He played LB for the U18s last year I think and he looked pretty tidy.
  • Doherty has impressed me in recent games, and I believe Paddy7 would agree. Today he was decent up top in the first half, and then reverted to left back, he might have struggled to adapt to his new opponent at half time as he had been fulfilling a different role. I certainly wouldn't dismiss him as a prospect.
    Karl Robinson has named several players as prospects recently, but not George Lapslie which surprises me as to my mind he hardly ever has a bad game, and many a time he is excellent.
    All young players are prone to error, and inconsistency. I was chatting to Paddy7 today about what a young player can be like as opposed to an experienced pro like Andrew Crofts. leaving aside any judgement regarding Crofts ability, what he and other experienced players have brought into their game is consistency, which is not a guarantee with the youngsters.
  • edited March 2017
    Agree that Lapslie looks decent every time I've seen him. Not sure how quick but loads of energy and doesn't drift out of games. Always looking for ball. Can't be worse than Crofts who has started every game bar one.

What losition did RCC play?
  • Sponsored links:

• RCC was attacking (and defending) central midfield and he was outstanding in the first half today.
  • Did Djiksteel play CB, as that's the position where we seem to have major issues at the moment?
  • Djiksteel played in midfield.
    The centre backs were Bowry and Cummings.
    I have seen Djiksteel play at centre back for the U23's but I don't think that is his best position.
    Saying that, Jordan Cousins was a young defender who became a more mature midfielder.
  • I would have gone to the game today but have other arrangements.
    A win would be a nice little anniversary present for me.
    I wish they put up little films of the U18's and the U23's more reliably than they do on CAFC player last time I looked last Mondays game wasn't there and there was a lovely Yamfan goal to look at.

• 1h
    Charlton Athletic FC‏ @CAFCofficial
    Subs | Beeney, Yao, Maloney, Millar, Willis. #cafc

1h
    Charlton Athletic FC‏ @CAFCofficial
    Charlton U23s starting XI | Brown; Barnes, Pearce, Bowry, Doughty; Carter, Dijksteel, Lapslie; Ahearne-Grant, Hanlan, Yamfam. #cafc
  • Is that Steve Brown (he'll never let you down) in goal?

Might just be a little over age by now.

;o)

• Charlton Athletic FC‏ @CAFCofficial
    HALF-TIME | @AFCWimbledon U23s 0 Charlton U23s 0.

The Addicks head into the break with the score goalless. #cafc

• Thanks for the updates, Henry.

Keep 'em coming.

• FULL-TIME | @AFCWimbledon U23 0 Charlton U23 0.

A point is not enough as the Addicks' Premier League Cup campaign comes to an end. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• That's a shame. Wimbledon had a record of no wins, 2 draws and 4 losses. They lost all four against Fulham and Boro, two draws against us.
  • Bottle jobs
  • That's a shame. Wimbledon had a record of no wins, 2 draws and 4 losses. They lost all four against Fulham and Boro, two draws against us.

Not really if it gave Pearce a run out.

Rather convienient competition in that sense :)

He seemed to come through his hour with no after effects which is good news

Was it just an hour that he played?

Was it just an hour that he played?
    Yes, subbed after 62 minutes

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-afc-wimbledon-u23-premier-league-cup-report-3621435.aspx
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

Tell us something about yourself we might not know:

"My cousin sent down Crystal Palace. He's Jon Fortune"

A future legend - believe

If that's true, offer him a pro contract instantly.
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

Tell us something about yourself we might not know:

"My cousin sent down Crystal Palace. He's Jon Fortune"

A future legend - believe

He's our Marcus rashford
  • Is there a game today as I seem to recall somewhere that Jason Pearce will be getting more game time today