Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Barnes missed a spell about a month to two months ago with injury. However he has returned and i believe he has improved. I have always felt he is good going forward, and as a defender he doesn't shirk a tackle, ut at the moment he has nowhere near the nous of Chris Solly. Barnes has gone up from a 'meh' to a prospect in my view, but it is early days and unwise to rush to judgement.
  • Yes I'd go with Barnes over Konsa on todays showing.
  • Is there a LB looking ready to make the step up after the bizarre decision to put JJ as cover for Chicken Saturday?
  • Is there a LB looking ready to make the step up after the bizarre decision to put JJ as cover for Chicken Saturday?

Barnes could cover both fb roles.

Barnes could cover both fb roles.
    I was asking about Archie Edwards earlier.

Solly could play LB, Konsa or Barnes to RB? Unless Lennon is ready.

Hopefully if Chicksen went off ill he should be ok by Saturday unless the curse of Charlton has struck him
  • As Seth mentioned, Archie has been out for a while now. Unlike some who think he'd get bullied in L1, I think he has the quality to be cover now and I'm surprised he hasn't been integrated into the senior squad.

I thought Dasilva was brought in to cover left back and he was on the bench .
  • I miss these games now as we used to see most of them when we lived in Dartford.

Archie Edwards was a favourite of ours and it's a worry he's been missing for some considerable time.

I thought this also but if JJ is put on ahead of him, and similarly Watt is played ahead of JJ before Dasilva then clearly KR doesn't fancy him.

Good to know we have someone in Barnes who could potentially step up I'd needed.
  • markmc68 said:

Where's Beeney these days ? He seems to be out of favour at the moment.

He was initially on loan at Greenwich Borough last year before we recalled him.

Has he snuck back out there?
  • Sponsored links:

Probably reading too much into it but I noticed in KR's end of transfer window video rant he covered our new players and apart from naming DeSilva had nothing else to say about him (which for him is somewhat rare!).
  • Archie Edwards was in attendance when the U23's played Ipswich.

Karl has pretty much said he sees Dasilva as a winger only.

He has always been always winger. He played wing back (not full back) occasionally for the Chelsea youth team and did well but in senior football it's always different issue.

He has always been always winger. He played wing back (not full back) occasionally for the Chelsea youth team and did well but in senior football it's always different issue.
    Playing wing back for the Chelsea youth team (who I imagine have a really good side who dominate possession) is massively different from playing LB against hardened and experienced L1 players.

Dasilva would have been a more obvious replacement for Holmes on Saturday, instead of bringing on Novak and shunting Watt to the left.

Playing wing back for the Chelsea youth team (who I imagine have a really good side who dominate possession) is massively different from playing LB against hardened and experienced L1 players.

Dasilva would have been a more obvious replacement for Holmes on Saturday, instead of bringing on Novak and shunting Watt to the left.
    Exactly. I don't think we will see Dasilva at LB at all for us.

Yes he would have made more sense to replace Holmes with him.

For me I could see the benefit of having Novak on the pitch. They were looking to attack through set pieces mainly and Lee gives us an extra head who can defend them.

My view would have been Solly to LB Konsa to RB and Tex in the middle. JJ on for JFC to help break up their play. Shift Aribo out to the left to form a flat 4 in midfield with Novak and Watt up top. So we have the outlet that Watt provides and the height that Novak brings. Meaning we can occupy their defense a bit more and not let them come at us...
  • markmc68 said:

Where's Beeney these days ? He seems to be out of favour at the moment.

I work with his uncle - apparently has broken a couple of fingers.
  • Away to Watford today. KO 2.00 pm

No Kennedy but Recco Hackett-Fairchild will bang a few in
  • Away to Watford today. KO 2.00 pm

No Kennedy but Recco Hackett-Fairchild will bang a few in

If he does expect a loan move to happen very soon.
  • Charlton U23s | Mitov, Barnes, Doughty, Triallist, Bowry, Dijksteel, Lapslie, Millar, Yamfam, Ahearne-Grant, Hackett-Fairchild. #cafc

Charlton U23s subs | Beeney, Yao, Maloney, Morgan, Willis. #cafc

Assume trailist is Fox again.

Alex Wills on the bench after scoring a few for the U18s.

Yamfam and Miller back from Dulwich?

KAG back from first team bench.

Recco hat trick
  • Sponsored links:

• Was it Carter that we signed at the beginning of the season? What's happened to him?
  • Was it Carter that we signed at the beginning of the season? What's happened to him?

He has been playing in the last few games.

• So KAG won't be involved tomorrow evening...
  • dickplumb said:

Was it Carter that we signed at the beginning of the season? What's happened to him?

He has been playing in the last few games.

Okay! Thanks!
  • Charlton U23s | Mitov, Barnes, Doughty, Triallist, Bowry, Dijksteel, Lapslie, Millar, Yamfam, Ahearne-Grant, Hackett-Fairchild. #cafc

Charlton U23s subs | Beeney, Yao, Maloney, Morgan, Willis. #cafc

Assume trailist is Fox again.

Alex Wills on the bench after scoring a few for the U18s.

Yamfam and Miller back from Dulwich?

KAG back from first team bench.

Recco hat trick

as you previously pointed out to me H, allowed to play for 23's as part of youth loan ?
  • RHF with the goal, 1-0 up
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 19s20 seconds ago
    More
    U23S | GOAL! Reeco Hackett-Fairchild has fired us in front at @WatfordFC! It's 1-0 after 23 minutes. #cafc

Believe, people, believe.

• Watford FC ‏@WatfordFC 6m6 minutes ago
    More
    UNDER-23: HALF-TIME: #watfordfc 0-1 @CAFCofficial - Hackett-Fairchild's goal the difference between the teams at the break.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4m4 minutes ago
    More
    U23S | GOAL! Karlan Ahearne-Grant has doubled the Addicks' lead on 53 minutes! 2-0 they lead against @WatfordFC #cafc
  • Watford FC ‏@WatfordFC 4m4 minutes ago
    More
    UNDER-23: GOAL! #watfordfc 0-2 @CAFCofficial - Karlan Ahearne-Grant doubles the away sides lead with a clinical finish from close-range (53)