Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkhead Protest

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:

Genuinely interested to know why they're getting called "scum" and "arseholes" for this.

the reason i called them arseholes is because it has nothing to do with football, and even if they want to compare it to "their" struggles it has fuck all to do with Scottish football.

they are just a bunch of attention seeking bell ends.

I am not the biggest fan of the old firm (i'm a Hearts fan) but my comments on this thread are in relation to the flag flying, nothing else.
  • Options

Classic European football night at Parkhead. Really enjoyed watching it. Rodgers has made a big difference.

Also enjoying reading the usual sour grapes response on here. The hypocrisy is stunning!

No sour grapes here, we just beat Shrewsbury 3-0!! :smiley:
  • Options
    As for the Celtic protest, it's well known that UEFA consider the Palestinian flag to be an unwelcome political banner and fine clubs where it is shown. I believe, in certain contexts (ie not for Israeli teams), the Star of David can be considered similar to that. I doubt the protesting fans care about the fine or, to be honest, the Palestinian cause.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    sam3110 said:

Chunes said:

Genuinely interested to know why they're getting called "scum" and "arseholes" for this.

Holding up Palestine flags whilst playing against an Israeli team, and basically goading them, whilst hiding under the pretence that's it's a show of support to the Palestinian people, and you have to question it? There is no way in hell this is about Palestine, it's all about being billy big bollocks and riling up the away fans. Lets see what happens when they go away, either they all get a slap or none of them take the flags, guaranteed
    Actually I was just asking for opinions. Hence the words "Genuinely interested..."

For the record I'm Jewish and Rangers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally can't wait for Celtic to embarrass themselves in the Champions League group stage. What a shit club.
  • Options

NazI salutes jesus wept! Not that i'm defending the Israeli flag which shouldn't be there.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Here are some more fucking arsehole scum protesting, probably not from an informed standpoint. Tossers the lot of them, the very worst kind. Love to see them do that in the away leg.

;-)

What gives them the right? Just posers. And they obviously don't really understand the situation there. I know that because l am a CL poster and therefore I can read minds. Just exploiting a genuine humanitarian crisis!
  • Options

When Charlton play Real Madrid in the Champions League, I'll be holding up my Basque flag!

Don't expect to be spoken to.
  • Options

When Charlton play Real Madrid in the Champions League, I'll be holding up my Basque flag!

If that happens I'll wear a basque to the game.
  • Options

Yeah right. And when that happens, I'll be wearing a basque.
  • Options
    Oi Stig, get your own material..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

Here are some more fucking arsehole scum protesting, probably not from an informed standpoint. Tossers the lot of them, the very worst kind. Love to see them do that in the away leg.

;-)

Is that the East Terrace at Swindon? Lucky they are on the opposite side of the pitch to the away fans.

• Options
    Bants innit.
  • Options
    Green brigade have a stage and use it to get talked about, the football can't make them a talking point of Europe so they bring something else to the stage.

Sure they will have fun in the away leg....

Shame as the match was entertaining, went from typical Celtic, to typical Celtic with a twist.
  • Options

You can talk, see above, too slow.
  • Options

You can talk, see above, too slow.

*hang my head and skulks away in shame*
  • Options

Stig said:

;-)

What gives them the right? Just posers. And they obviously don't really understand the situation there. I know that because l am a CL poster and therefore I can read minds. Just exploiting a genuine humanitarian crisis!
    Thats just the ZZ Top fan club....nothing to see here.....
  • Options

Classic European football night at Parkhead. Really enjoyed watching it. Rodgers has made a big difference.

Also enjoying reading the usual sour grapes response on here. The hypocrisy is stunning!

Classic...no, unusual...yes because Celtic won a European game. Looking forward to the group matches if they qualify.
  • Options
    Total scum
  • Options

Classic...no, unusual...yes because Celtic won a European game. Looking forward to the group matches if they qualify.
    Celtic will get slaughtered in the group stages. Just like Ajax do these days. It is the reality of the financial status of the leagues they play in. But European football is a tradition for both clubs and just reaching the group stages is success enough for most sane supporters of both clubs.