Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkhead Protest

Comments

• Options

Classic European football night at Parkhead. Really enjoyed watching it. Rodgers has made a big difference.

Also enjoying reading the usual sour grapes response on here. The hypocrisy is stunning!

Hahaha And we all really enjoy you biting everytime someone on here calls a Celtic fan scum.

Haven't you got some high horse riding to do over on the Brexit thread?
    There are 3 constants in the universe - death, taxes, and that whenever a sweatie thread is on Charlton Life some wally sitting behind a keyboard in some leafy English suburb will pretend to be a Tim for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Here are some more fucking arsehole scum protesting, probably not from an informed standpoint. Tossers the lot of them, the very worst kind. Love to see them do that in the away leg.

;-)

"Locking up human rights activists is not conducive to the public good"

I think they're going to have to get snappier slogans for their placards !
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Classic European football night at Parkhead. Really enjoyed watching it. Rodgers has made a big difference.

Also enjoying reading the usual sour grapes response on here. The hypocrisy is stunning!

Hahaha And we all really enjoy you biting everytime someone on here calls a Celtic fan scum.

There are 3 constants in the universe - death, taxes, and that whenever a sweatie thread is on Charlton Life some wally sitting behind a keyboard in some leafy English suburb will pretend to be a Tim for no apparent reason.
    And some other wally sitting behind a keyboard gets all judgemental just to curry favour with the pack!
  • Options
    I thought the boys in green and white had been knocked out to the mob from gibraltar but clearly not

they had a standing area there last night that looked like banter , prolly a bit too much atmosphere for your average charlton fan
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Vile club, I detest that club and its anti British, IRA loving plastic paddy supporters more than the nigels and spanners.
    BJK

Wow...didn't know Billy Jean King was on Charlton Life!! Thought you'd be more tolerant love!! :wink:
  • Options

Fiiish said:

And some other wally sitting behind a keyboard gets all judgemental just to curry favour with the pack!
  • Options

When Charlton play Real Madrid in the Champions League, I'll be holding up my Basque flag!

Don't expect to be spoken to.
    Is that the boycott game then?
  • Options
    politics really should stay out of all sporting events.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Including protesting at the Valley against our Belgian friends presumably ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Come on.....unless I'm very very much mistaken they are hand of Ulster salutes are they not!?!
  • Options

Come on.....unless I'm very very much mistaken they are hand of Ulster salutes are they not!?!
    Of course it is but don't expect the plastic paddies on this forum to get nearly as apoplectic over that macro as they do over any insinuation that the Tims might have an ulterior motive.
  • Options

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/08/celtic-hapoel-sheva-sport-politics-collide-160816055716847.html

Less widely known, though, is the extensive fundraising work of the group to help bring Palestinian youth to the UK to take part in football tournaments and cultural tours. Numerous members of the group have also visited the occupied West Bank.

"From our work with Palestinian groups and visits to Palestine, we know the importance of international solidarity and the positive impact that it has for those living in occupied Palestine," a Green Brigade member, who wished to remain anonymous, told Al Jazeera

"We know that our actions send a message to Palestinians that their struggle is not forgotten.

"Football and sport do not live in a vacuum, separate from wider society," the Green Brigade member explained. "It didn't during the 1980s when the authorities excluded apartheid South Africa from football … nor should it now. Israel must be held accountable for its oppressive and brutal 68-year occupation of Palestine."

Bunch of thugs, just goading the opposition, know nothing about the issues, keep politics out of football etc...

For such a politically astute group of young men, they do seem conflicted over whether the flag should be green on top or black on top? And a few poor souls seem to forget where the red triangle should be.

Of course since most of them can't even get the tricolour the right way round that isn't surprising.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/08/celtic-hapoel-sheva-sport-politics-collide-160816055716847.html

Less widely known, though, is the extensive fundraising work of the group to help bring Palestinian youth to the UK to take part in football tournaments and cultural tours. Numerous members of the group have also visited the occupied West Bank.

"From our work with Palestinian groups and visits to Palestine, we know the importance of international solidarity and the positive impact that it has for those living in occupied Palestine," a Green Brigade member, who wished to remain anonymous, told Al Jazeera

"We know that our actions send a message to Palestinians that their struggle is not forgotten.

"Football and sport do not live in a vacuum, separate from wider society," the Green Brigade member explained. "It didn't during the 1980s when the authorities excluded apartheid South Africa from football … nor should it now. Israel must be held accountable for its oppressive and brutal 68-year occupation of Palestine."

Bunch of thugs, just goading the opposition, know nothing about the issues, keep politics out of football etc...

"International solidarity", they cite. You really couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    On another thread a person is said to be another person's 'beard', and on here some people are Tim's. I don't know what either term means.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

On another thread a person is said to be another person's 'beard', and on here some people are Tim's. I don't know what either term means.

Kids these days...

Wait, I think "beard" means cover for being gay. e.g. Katie Holmes was allegedly Tom Cruise's "beard," as she was his wife and yet his was gay "on the dl (or 'down low')."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Tim is a pejorative term used by Huns.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I really don't agree, at least not as a blanket statement. This was seen as a very powerful statement regarding the treatment of African Americans in the US by the Olympians Carlos and Smith. Still quite evocative for me.

As to the original purpose of the post, if this is a genuine feeling of wanting fair treatment and the end of apartheid in Palestine, then fair play to the Celtic supporters. If, as has been suggested, this is an attempt to wind up the opposition and is disingenuous, then it's pretty shit.
    true but were talking about a few jocks that see some affiliation to it, i would imagine because they view it in a way similar to the treatment of ireland. get there point to a certain extent with the similarities but i honesty think they view is a way to express pro ireland and piss off the israelis. for the record im a celtic fan of sorts well more celtic then rangers, and this sort of thing really pisses me off get the catholic/protestant banter, but this is too far. and makes them look like a shower of wankers.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

I really don't agree, at least not as a blanket statement. This was seen as a very powerful statement regarding the treatment of African Americans in the US by the Olympians Carlos and Smith. Still quite evocative for me.

As to the original purpose of the post, if this is a genuine feeling of wanting fair treatment and the end of apartheid in Palestine, then fair play to the Celtic supporters. If, as has been suggested, this is an attempt to wind up the opposition and is disingenuous, then it's pretty shit.
    true but were talking about a few jocks that see some affiliation to it, i would imagine because they view it in a way similar to the treatment of ireland. get there point to a certain extent with the similarities but i honesty think they view is a way to express pro ireland and piss off the israelis. for the record im a celtic fan of sorts well more celtic then rangers, and this sort of thing really pisses me off get the catholic/protestant banter, but this is too far. and makes them look like a shower of wankers.
    Fair enough, going on the AJ article, it seems as though they feel genuine ties to Palestine, but honestly, I don't pay much attention to the Old Firm, so I'm not in a position to ascertain the actual sincerity of the act versus it being a wind up.
  • Options
    some rangers fans play up and sing anti irish songs famines over why dont you go home, cheeseburger bobby sands and that.
    some celtic fans sing the huns are going bust, fuck the queen etc and latch on to anything that puts the english/british in a bad light

majority of it is tit for tat, no one gets offended.

some of the people we get down charlton 18 year olds doing the red hand salute i find embarassing, they probably dont even know where northern ireland is or know what its all about, but it is what it is. in the words of roger johnson if i dont like i shouldnt go.

been up to glasgow a few times for work, grandads brothers still up there etc, and i dont blame the youth for getting involved heavily with these clubs its a depressing place.

celtic should get a fine and parts of the ground closed.