Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open (Tennis)

Comments

• Options
    Come on , Andy !
  • Options

As usual, waiting until we've all started to give up before he wakes up again.

Before falling straight back to sleep.
  • Options
    Murray is going to cock this up.

Thinking of Djokovic in the other half of the draw maybe?
  • Options
    Murray breaks back again from 40-0 down. :-)
  • Options
    This is quite a game!
  • Options
    Or is he?
  • Options
    Struggling this service game ....
  • Options
    Bollox. Nishikori to serve for match.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    And wins.
    Murray at his worst, nothing to do with his game technically; he is undoubtedly 1/2 in the world. It's his mental side that lets him down time and again.
  • Options
    Well played Nishikori.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    URGGHHHH

At least Murray will have a few days rest for the Davis Cup.

But the guy looks spent. He looked knackered in the Olympic final, and needs a rest really. Djokovic effectively had his rest between Wimbledon and the US
  • Options

LenGlover said:

The Olympics took a lot out of Murray particularly the Del Potro game. Often he is good enough to win when not at his best but not this time.

Murray's 2016 so far: Australian finalist, French finalist, Wimbledon Champion, Olympic gold, US quarter finals.

In addition he has won some Masters tournaments like Madrid and Rome not forgetting our own Queens Club.

As my youngest would say: not too shabby.

And become a Dad, which is as tiring as 5 sets of tennis sometimes. He's had an amazing year, and his commitment to the Davis Cup actualluy damages his singles career imo. I hope he doesn't play in it next season and focuses on the Slams.
    It's getting to the stage where in lesser matches we don't need him in the Davis Cup
  • Options
    Shame he lost but he's had an incredible summer.

Hopefully he can end the year with a Davis Cup and win the O2 finals.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

The Olympics took a lot out of Murray particularly the Del Potro game. Often he is good enough to win when not at his best but not this time.

Murray's 2016 so far: Australian finalist, French finalist, Wimbledon Champion, Olympic gold, US quarter finals.

In addition he has won some Masters tournaments like Madrid and Rome not forgetting our own Queens Club.

And become a Dad, which is as tiring as 5 sets of tennis sometimes. He's had an amazing year, and his commitment to the Davis Cup actualluy damages his singles career imo. I hope he doesn't play in it next season and focuses on the Slams.
    It's getting to the stage where in lesser matches we don't need him in the Davis Cup
    And that giving responsibility to the lesser lights like Kyle Edmund will help them develop.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

And that giving responsibility to the lesser lights like Kyle Edmund will help them develop.
    The confidence boost of winning in Serbia certainly helped Edmund a lot!
  • Options
    He's a fantastic player but to get so distracted by the PA, the crowds chatter and moths is what differentiates him from the true greats. He really should have more Slams to his name considering his exceptional talent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As Murray is out I really hope Del Potro can win it.
  • Options

As Murray is out I really hope Del Potro can win it.

He can't!
  • Options
    I can't remember when I was last as pissed off at a tennis result.

Andy seemed to return to the bad old days when he lost his cool on court, lost his focus and lost the match as a result. This was a weakness of his in his earlier days and I really thought he had moved on to a stronger mind set.
  • Options
    I agree with you.
    He does seem to have that flaw in his make-up.

He"s saying he didn't let anybody down, but doesn't he think maybe he let himself down a little.
    I fancied him to give Novak a real go this time.
    And yet he seems to have just settled for a heroic failure against, no disrespect, a lesser opponent.

Can't help feeling Novak, Fed etc would have found a way to win that match.
  • Options
    Murray is the greatest British (yes!) sportsman of all time.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Steady on mate.
    Top 20 at best
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Haha. That's a bold claim.
    I love Murray and he is in with a shout, but good luck getting everybody to agree with you.
    Maybe you should start a thread (if there isn't one already)
  • Options

se9addick said:

Haha. That's a bold claim.
    I love Murray and he is in with a shout, but good luck getting everybody to agree with you.
    Maybe you should start a thread (if there isn't one already)
    Oh I doubt I'd ever get consensus on that point but I think he's in a league of his own, in my lifetime anyway.
  • Options
    The Paradox for me with Murray is, he was saying how he loves the raucous
    atmosphere of New York in the rounds when he was Kicking butt, but when the games against Nishikori got close he was distracted by everything.
    I have been on the roller coast ride with Andy since he beat Roddick 11 years ago. This defeat did surprise me because he grabbed defeat from the Jaws of victory.
    When he retires we will realise how great he is when the next generation reach the odd quarter final, once in a blue moon.
  • Options

The Paradox for me with Murray is, he was saying how he loves the raucous
    atmosphere of New York in the rounds when he was Kicking butt, but when the games against Nishikori got close he was distracted by everything.
    I have been on the roller coast ride with Andy since he beat Roddick 11 years ago. This defeat did surprise me because he grabbed defeat from the Jaws of victory.
    When he retires we will realise how great he is when the next generation reach the odd quarter final, once in a blue moon.

Hopefully Kyle Edmund is going to be the next Andy Murray rather than Tim Henman