Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adam Chicksen - now at Notts County (p5)

Comments

• Options
    Welcome Adam
  • Options
    "Chicksen then returned to another of his former loan sides, Gillingham, where he went on to play six matches for the play-off-chasing Gills."

What they don't say is that he didn't play for anyone after 1st March and was subbed in each of his last two games for the Gills - and at half time in the penultimate one when they were losing 2-0.

Still it is the level of player that we should expect. Nothing more nothing less. Give the boy a chance and hope that he turns out to be a decent squad acquisition.

• Options

Any chance of someone posting a sensible appraisal of his footballing ability, rather than inane, childish and boring yolks relating to his name?

CharltonLife isnt the Forum for you if you want sensible appraisals of players ;)

If we're not taking the piss out of a new signings name then the world is ending because one of our mates who supports FC Whoever reckons that because the new signing played a poor pass back in 2000, they're shite
  • Options
    Nearly the one that got away, Chicksen finally penned a contract.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Welcome Adam.
    Ironic that a Chicksen may be chasing our Fox out of his place in the first team! Depending on where he fits into the pecking order, of course. Shame that the crowd at his likely debut tonight will be as sparse as hen's teeth.

More North Korea worthy spin on the OS. The announcement doesn't actually say "signed from Brighton" but it is carefully worded to make it sound like AC is an acquisition: "free transfer" my arse. AC was a free agent, his previous contract had expired. He hadn't done his youth football at Brighton so they're not due compensation for training the youngster. OS wording falsely implies good business done by The Regime, cos he was "free".
    Not that I'm implying it isn't good business, the luck/insight of this signing will become apparent with AC's appearances. Let's hope he is a late blossoming future star with all the skill of Scott Minto, toughness of Julian Dicks and durability of Stuart Pearce.

I'm quietly glad to see my frequent allusions, on this board, to the similarities in CAFC spin and Pyonyang government lies have caught hold and made it into popular opinion and CARD's free matchday teamsheets. You're welcome boys and girls. I'm especially heartened the Pyonyang reference resonated; that depth of general knowledge would have been lost on the devotees of most football clubs. My money's on Latrine not 'getting it' either. Birdbrain.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Can't wait to see him fly up and down the left wing

Selective breeding has meant that they're not built for flying much. Descended from velociraptors tho', so could put plenty of bite into his tackles.
  • Options
    Why did the Chicksen cross the road?
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Can't wait to see him fly up and down the left wing

Selective breeding has meant that they're not built for flying much. Descended from velociraptors tho', so could put plenty of bite into his tackles.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even SkySports are getting in on the act...

ADDICKS SNAP UP CHICKSEN

Charlton have signed full-back Adam Chicksen on a free transfer.

Chicksen has had several loan spells over the last few years after joining Brighton in 2013.
  • Options

Cheap, out of contract, injury prone, inexperienced, short-term contract. Roland's Charlton.

Tiresome. Could you say the same for all our signings?
  • Options
    Slade's ongoing mission to construct the most mixed height squad in the league continues.

Solly - 5'8
    Lookman (until Wednesday or January - 5'8 Chicksen - 5'8
    Holmes - 5'8
    Ajose - 5'6
    Crofts outlier at 5'9

Mixed with:

Lee Novak - 6'0
    Magenniss - 6'2
    Diarra - 6'3
    Bauer - 6'3
    Jackson - 6'1
    konsa - can't find it but he must be around 6'3
    Lennon - 6'3
    Rudd 6'3
    Fox -6'1 (slightly phased by realising he's still only 21 when I looked this up, I thought he was 23/24)
    Hanlan - looks about Magennis height or a little taller.

So the following players do not fit in:

Foley - 5'11 too midheight
    Kashi - 5'10 (the exception when he returns from injury)

Anyway we've got a lot of quite short players and a lot of quite tall players but not many in the middle. Just saying.

• Options
    Does that mean we need to pull out of signing Messi because he's too short as well?
  • Options
    proves once again that slade has been given a free range
  • Options
    Hope he is given a good run in the side....
  • Options
  • Options
    Not another headless Chicksen.
  • Options

To get in the Charlton side?

Geddit?

Ah feck the lot of yous!
  • Options

I dunno, why did the Chicksen cross the road?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slade was thinking of starting Fox against Southampton but he's just revealed he "feels like Chicksen tonight."
  • Options

I dunno, why did the Chicksen cross the road?
    He was stuck to the chicken's foot?
  • Options
    Oh, chick, chick, chick, chick, chicksen .....???
    Kick kick kick kick kick it....???

to (of course) the tune of:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NlzOk2Ghlw
  • Options
    He is what he is, a cheep signing for cover in League One.

As I said in the rumours thread a Brighton fan I know doesn't rate him and suggested they have plenty of choices at left back.

Here's what the Brighton FM researcher had to say:

"He had a lot of energy and got forward a lot. He's a bit weak but has decent technique and put in the odd solid tackle. Has spent most of his time out on loan though and never really got a good crack at the first team to judge him properly. Our Orient researcher Stu think's he's rubbish."

On Slade he said he's a very good motivator, talked about him building great team spirit, a top bloke but not so good tactically. I thought that's very similar to how Powell was seen.

On Crofts he's a good person to have around the squad, very good attitude, he's not sure how much he's declined as a player though.
  • Options
    Yipee-ki-ay motherclucker!
  • Options
    Just checked the BBC site and it's under the Premier League transfers :)
  • Options
    Hopefully this signing wont leave Slade with egg on his face
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Poor bugger ... sunk in a sea of puns before he's even started